Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-05-2006, 02:33 PM   #11
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: What other team got to the Superbowl after winning 3 road games?

Player for Player, coach for coach, game plan for game plan..we are a more complete team than they were.

And.. we've the heart and the will to win and the talent to back it up !
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:43 PM   #12
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

[QUOTE=DIESELMAN]No way in hell you compare this years Steelers to the raggedy 85 Pats... QUOTE]

i agree this Steeler team is better than the '85 Patriots. However it is the above idiocy i was responding to. they arent THAT much better.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 03:28 PM   #13
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
how, exactly, do you know that?

the '85 Patriots didnt have a six game winning streak going into the SB, they only had a stretch where they went 12-2 going into the SB, with the 2 losses each being by 3 points, at the 11-5 Jets, and at the 12-4 Dolphins. And they finished with the same 11-5 record this Steeler team did. AND I would offer the assessment that going into the LA Coliseum against the 1985 Raiders and into the Orange Bowl against the 1985 Dolphins was a more formidable assignment than winning at the overated Colts and in Denver.

and before the inevitable "Yeah but they lost 46-10" comeback, so would ANY other team to the Bears that year. And so would the 2005 Steelers.
dude your the one that brought this whole lame thread up.....I didn't say the Pats had a 6 game win streak going into the SB,did you not read and comprehend what I wrote? obviously you didn't I said "but they didn't have the 6 game win streak coming into the SB like the Steelers do." they referring to the Pats.why would I say the Steelers didn't have a 6 game win streak coming into the SB like the Steelers do?DOORKNOB!!!!!
As far as any other team that year.....your probably right,Da Bears of 85 were a force that no one could deal with.As far as the 2005 Steelers? I guess we'll never know but I can honestly say they would've put up a better fight then 46-10!!!!!

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 03:41 PM   #14
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELMAN
dude your the one that brought this whole lame thread up.....I didn't say the Pats had a 6 game win streak going into the SB,did you not read and comprehend what I wrote? obviously you didn't I said "but they didn't have the 6 game win streak coming into the SB like the Steelers do." they referring to the Pats.why would I say the Steelers didn't have a 6 game win streak coming into the SB like the Steelers do?DOORKNOB!!!!!
As far as any other team that year.....your probably right,Da Bears of 85 were a force that no one could deal with.As far as the 2005 Steelers? I guess we'll never know but I can honestly say they would've put up a better fight then 46-10!!!!!
hey, DUDE, perhaps YOU should read the posts before commenting. Some guy named MarkAshton created this thread, not me. And yes, you said the Steelers have a 6 game winning streak and if could READ you would have comprehended that i said that while the Patriots didnt have a 6 game winning streak going into the SB (although they did earlier that year) that they had a more impressive 12-2 record going into the game and that their wins at LA and Miami were harder than winning at Indy and Denver.
im not so sure the 2005 Steelers would do much better against the '85 Bears. maybe 38-13 or something.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:11 PM   #15
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quick someone put it on Madden and see how it plays out!

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:51 PM   #16
marksashton
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1333

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELMAN
No way in hell you compare this years Steelers to the raggedy 85 Pats...yeah they won 3 playoff games but they didn't have the 6 game win streak coming into the SB like the Steelers do.This years Steelers are tougher,stronger, more cohesive and a hell of a lot better physically and mentally.
Six game win streak is impressive - especially if it includes three playoff wins. The Seahawks have a pretty good streak going too. They've won 13 of the last 14 games they played and the one loss in that stretch was the last game of the season when they rested the team gainst Green Bay. Had that game been a need to win they would have won it. Suffice it to say that both teams have been good of late.
marksashton is offline   Reply With Quote