Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 10-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #11
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104
Default Re: What to do with the backfield....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil-Still-Rules-14 View Post
This season, Willie Parker has 52 carries for 159 yards. In the last game, Mendenhall had 29 carries for 165 yards. Just saying.
but to be fair Mendenhall has had a better blocker in front of him yesterday(Davis played better than Summers) and the OL was way better yesterday than in the first 3 games.

BUT I would admit that Mendenhall had no hesitation yesterday finding the holes and running north and south.(when he had no holes running in Kemo's back in 1st half,he kept his feet moving and found the hole for a gain of 5 instead of a loss of a yard)

on the Willie's contract situation
I would love to keep our RB stable like that at the end of the year but I know Willie might want to start somewhere else(although not guaranteed someone will pay for a guy who is always injured)

on the way I would deal with the situation right now
I think we make a smooth transition,next week I think they cannot put Mendenhall back on the bench.They've benched him because of his lack of attention to details,now the following week he had an incredible week of practices and played a heck of a game.Now what you're telling the kid ? Sorry kid you did everything that we wanted you to do but it was just until Willie cameback now go back on the bench we will give you maybe 5 carries today if you're nice?

No you dont do that you tell Willie look,you've been injured you're still bothered by that turf toe...Rashard will be the starter we will give him around 15-20 carries you might get 10 depending on the pace of the game til you get healthier.Then if the kid keeps running with a lot of purpose you guys will split carries depending on situations.

that is how i'd do it
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote