Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #9001
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Pens win 4 to 1 and are just dominate! Kennedy and Staal are on fire early this season which I think really relieves the Pens when Crosby and Malkin are not on the scoreboard.
Pens records improves to 5 and 1!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #9002
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Pens' opponent this-coming Saturday evening, Tampa Bay (now 2-1-2), win 3-2, coming from behind, with Malone scoring the game-winner against Floriduh, and Niittymaki gets his 2nd straight start & win:
with me getting the Bolt games on TV, I'll give previews & updates regarding the Lightning as I can, as they play Ottawa Thursday, before headin' to 'da Burgh

I believe that game Saturday night will be the first game this season with the Guins wearing Columbia Blue sweaters
Old 10-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #9003
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post
Pens' opponent this-coming Saturday evening, Tampa Bay (now 2-1-2), win 3-2, coming from behind, with Malone scoring the game-winner against Floriduh, and Niittymaki gets his 2nd straight start & win:
with me getting the Bolt games on TV, I'll give previews & updates regarding the Lightning as I can, as they play Ottawa Thursday, before headin' to 'da Burgh

I believe that game Saturday night will be the first game this season with the Guins wearing Columbia Blue sweaters
You are correct - they will break out the blue sweaters for the first time Saturday night. As for Tampa Bay, they should be much better this year than last, but I still don't think they have enough to make the playoffs, being in the same division with the Craps, Canes and an improved Thrashers squad. I hear Victor Hedman has looked real good, though.

As for the Pens game tonight, a very solid effort all-around. With 3 of the 4 goals coming from the 3rd and 4th lines, they made a strong statement that they do not need Sid and Geno to carry them, that they have more than enough depth to win when the Big Two have an off night. Fleury again was solid in goal, and of course got a couple lucky breaks with Ottawa hitting 2 posts. Just a businesslike effort, and more along the lines of what we have seen since Bylsma has taken over as HC.

Next up - Carolina, in their first meeting since the Pens swept them out of the playoffs in the ECF. My guess is that Bill Cowher will NOT be cranking up the warning siren this time.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:19 AM   #9004
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Next up - Carolina, in their first meeting since the Pens swept them out of the playoffs in the ECF. My guess is that Bill Cowher will NOT be cranking up the warning siren this time.
..... and the Canes won't have to face the wrath of Satan.....

Old 10-13-2009, 09:54 AM   #9005
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,093 Times in 764 Posts

I had to record the game to watch football, but, to be honest - Pens really got lucky on all the bounces.

It was just one of them nights where everything rolled in - remember this game when it goes the other way.

Sens looked pretty good with Spezza and their goalie - LeClaire? They looked good.

But a win is a win - even though Geno had some less than genius plays going on and Sid couldn't buy a goal.

Now the Canes on Wed - I wonder if Cowher will be cranking the siren again.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:12 AM   #9006
RunWillieRun
Team President

Member Number: 3226

Can't wait to go to the game in Raleigh tomorrow!

LETS GO PENS!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 11:34 AM   #9007
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Alright time for Carolina on Wed. and Im guessing there will be no appearance from Cower!
Old 10-13-2009, 11:41 AM   #9008
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
As for Tampa Bay, they should be much better this year than last, but I still don't think they have enough to make the playoffs, being in the same division with the Craps, Canes and an improved Thrashers squad. I hear Victor Hedman has looked real good, though.....
I've seen 3+ of their 5 games, and the Lightning PP is for-real..... Hedman plays Left-point, the Left-handed VL4 plays the opposite point, St, Louis gets along the Right-wing/half-boards, Malone pesters the goalie's Left shoulder, and Stamkos (the only Right-handed shot) slides in the slot, cranking shots at-will, taking passes from StL or Lecavalier:
very-potent.

the rest of the team is improved, and at 2-1-2, they could be 4-1-0 with any luck, and the ability to score in the shoot-out (both OT loses, I believe):
G Mike Smith has recovered from his concussions of last year, Niittymaki has played solid in both wins (Smith got run-over last week, and has been rested since), and Tocchet has instilled a new spirit in the team
Old 10-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #9009
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
I had to record the game to watch football, but, to be honest - Pens really got lucky on all the bounces.

It was just one of them nights where everything rolled in - remember this game when it goes the other way.

Sens looked pretty good with Spezza and their goalie - LeClaire? They looked good.

But a win is a win - even though Geno had some less than genius plays going on and Sid couldn't buy a goal.

Now the Canes on Wed - I wonder if Cowher will be cranking the siren again.
We've been on the business end of a lot of those games, so yeah, I'll definitely take it. But I'm not concerned about Sid and Geno - it's Kunitz and Fedotenko I'm worried about. Only one goal between them - not good, and certainly not when they're playing with the 2 best players in the world.

I really wasn't all that impressed with the Sens - other than Spezza's line, they really aren't that good. Alfredsson looks extremely slow, Cheechoo still looks as if he hasn't rediscovered his scoring touch and Kovalev pretty much mailed in his effort last night, as he has done way too often over the past few years. Their defense is very suspect to boot. Unless Leclaire channels Martin Brodeur or pulls a Steve Mason from last year, that team is going nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post
I've seen 3+ of their 5 games, and the Lightning PP is for-real..... Hedman plays Left-point, the Left-handed VL4 plays the opposite point, St, Louis gets along the Right-wing/half-boards, Malone pesters the goalie's Left shoulder, and Stamkos (the only Right-handed shot) slides in the slot, cranking shots at-will, taking passes from StL or Lecavalier:
very-potent.

the rest of the team is improved, and at 2-1-2, they could be 4-1-0 with any luck, and the ability to score in the shoot-out (both OT loses, I believe):
G Mike Smith has recovered from his concussions of last year, Niittymaki has played solid in both wins (Smith got run-over last week, and has been rested since), and Tocchet has instilled a new spirit in the team
OK, so it should be a good matchup Saturday night and a nice test for the Pens. I still think we will beat them, though.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #9010
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,093 Times in 764 Posts

I remember the limp Sens from last year - they looked better than that, that's all.

I'm not like, In Love, with them or anything
Closed Thread