Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-22-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
nojobny
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 5924
Default ESPN's Steve Philips takes leave of absence.

Obviously he didn't learn his lesson when this happened to him while working the the NY Mets

ESPN analyst Steve Phillips takes leave of absence
October 21, 2009 by NEIL BEST /

ESPN baseball analyst Steve Phillips has taken a leave of absence in the wake of an affair with a production assistant that turned ugly when the woman allegedly harassed his family after the two broke up.

"I am deeply sorry that I have put my family and colleagues through this,'' he said in a statement, adding he wanted to "avoid any unnecessary distractions through the balance of the baseball playoffs.''

The network said, "We were aware of this and took appropriate disciplinary action at the time. We have granted Steve's request for an extended leave of absence to allow him to address it.''

Phillips appeared on ESPN as recently as Tuesday, before the matter became public through a report in yesterday's New York Post. It is not clear when he will return to TV.

Quoting from a Wilton, Conn., police report, the Post reported on Phillips' "extreme concerns'' about his family's safety because of "obsessive and delusional'' behavior by the 22-year-old, identified as Brooke Hundley.

That included phone calls and a letter to Phillips' wife, Marni, and attempts to reach their 16-year-old son through Facebook.

Phillips, 46, is an analyst on ESPN's "Sunday Night Baseball'' as well as on the studio show "Baseball Tonight.''

During his time as the Mets' general manager he took a leave of absence in 1998 after admitting to having sex with a team employee, who sued him for harassment. The case was later settled out of court.

The Post reported that Marni Phillips is suing her husband for divorce. They have four sons.

The police report obtained by the Post said Phillips and Hundley first met July 13 in St. Louis, but the relationship lasted only three weeks or so.

Statements in the report from both Phillips and his wife alleged Hundley began calling their home in early August and left a letter graphically detailing their relationship on Aug. 19. She crashed her car as she rushed to leave their property upon being discovered.

It was that night the couple learned Hundley had been communicating with their son. Marni Phillips told police she was "terrified.''

ESPN declined to comment about Hundley's current employment status.

In 2006 another ESPN baseball analyst, Harold Reynolds, was fired in the wake of sexual harassment allegations. Reynolds later sued the network and settled out of court.

link

911 Call in ESPN Analyst Case
Posted Oct 21st 2009 4:00PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has obtained the frantic 911 call made by the wife of ESPN analyst/former Mets general manager Steve Phillips, when she discovered her husband's 22-year-old ex-mistress in the family's driveway.

According to police, Marni Phillips returned to her Connecticut home on August 19 and discovered Brooke Hundley -- an ESPN production assistant who worked with her husband -- dropping off a letter in which she confessed to having an affair with Steve.

In the call, Marni tells the dispatcher "I have a crazy woman who is involved with my husband and she's come to my house to harm me and my children."

Marni later told police that Brooke freaked out when she saw Marni, and "got in her car, put it in reverse and smashed the rear end of her vehicle into the stone column ... cut across our grass, avoiding the driveway completely, driving erratically over rocks and mulch beds to maneuver her vehicle down our hill."

Phillips declined to press charges against Hundley -- but released a statement saying he was taking an "extended leave of absence."

Read more: link
Old 10-22-2009, 10:07 AM   #2
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396
Default Re: ESPN's Steve Philips takes leave of absence.

Eww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

what is up with these men banging women that are Fugly? i mean first ben and now phillips..

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
what is up with these men banging women that are Fugly? i mean first ben and now phillips..
Ben at least can attract more decent looking women then Steve.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:10 PM   #5
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Ben at least can attract more decent looking women then Steve.
Steelman, i think ben slipped based on the last woman he was known to bang

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
Old 10-22-2009, 05:32 PM   #6
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

The second pic is better then the first.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:48 PM   #7
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Old 10-26-2009, 12:15 AM   #8
nojobny
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 5924

Phillips to enter treatment facility
Comment Email Print Share

ESPN.com news services

Baseball analyst Steve Phillips was fired by ESPN on Sunday night less than a week after the former Mets general manager admitted having an affair with a production assistant at the cable network.

A representative for Phillips also announced the former Mets general manager was entering a treatment facility "to address his personal issues."

Phillips' acknowledged Wednesday he had a relationship with 22-year-old Brooke Hundley.

"Steve Phillips is no longer working for ESPN," network spokesman Josh Krulewitz said in a statement. "His ability to be an effective representative for ESPN has been significantly and irreparably damaged, and it became evident it was time to part ways."

Phillips had taken a leave of absence after the affair became public. Krulewitz declined comment when asked Sunday night about Hundley's status with the company.

According to a police report filed in Wilton, Conn., Hundley began calling Phillips' wife, Marni, on Aug. 5 and sent her a letter graphically describing their relationship after Phillips broke it off.

Marni Phillips called police Aug. 19 when she came home to find Hundley in her driveway. "I knew instinctively that this was the woman Steve was involved with and I was terrified," she wrote in a statement to police.

Hundley also contacted Phillips' 16-year-old son through his Facebook account, according to the police report.

"This woman has clearly displayed erratic behavior and delusional tendencies," Steve Phillips said in a statement to police.

Phillips signed a statement to police that he would not press charges. The status of the police investigation was unclear Sunday.

In 1998, Phillips admitted having sex with a Mets employee, who sued for sexual harassment. That case was settled out of court.

Messages seeking comment were left Sunday for Phillips and Hundley.

link
Old 10-26-2009, 08:42 AM   #9
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

What did they do to the girl?
Old 10-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #10
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

If it had been Chris Berman the PA would have been promoted..........end of story.

How do you think Holly Rowe got a job on camera......lol
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote