Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Fans United

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-23-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
tripp
Water Boy

Member Number: 13611
Default Question about ticketsolutions and buying tickets at the stadium

Hi,
I orderd tickets from ticketsolutions in june for the game on oct, 25 1:00pm. I did not want to order from this company but my mom wanted to use them to be sure we got the seats we did and not try ticketmaster.They first said they would ship october 15, then said the we would have them by the 22 or 23 now they are saying they will drop them off at the hotel my step dad will be staying at on saturday. Needless to say i am very worried they will not be there. I have never got tickets before and me and my mom went in and split the cost of hotel,gas,food,tickets etc. This is for my step dads bday. Now he is driving saturday and saying till monday but also stressed as he does not have the tickets. Do you think they will honor the ticket sale? I am worried even if they do they will delay again and say the day of the game ( more stress ). We got two seats in 510 c. Has anyone had this happen? Also we want now to give my step dad extra money in case this company does not come up with the tickets. Do they have venders there or do you have to buy from scalpers. Also due to the vickings score so far this year will there be tickets on sale there for this game and if so how much . If anyone could give a ball park figure of what i need to give my step dad to be safe and how you get tickets at the game it would be great ( i need 2 tickets together as my step dad is going with his brother ). I will never order from this company again even if i get the tickets the stress and the delays are crazy. You have no idea how much this help means to me and i really thank any help people can give.
tripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #2
1st&Goal
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8802
Default Re: Question about ticketsolutions and buying tickets at the stadium

Is there any way for you or your mom to call ticketsolutions? I suggest you get their number, call them and tell them how stressed you are over this situation. If you talk to someone there, make sure you get names, and employee id numbers. Also, find out if they cashed your check or ran your credit card. Then, ask them for the number at willcall at the stadium. Verify as much info as you can and don't take any shit from them. Tell them you think this could be a scam and get to the bottom of it NOW. Good luck.
1st&Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
tripp
Water Boy

1st&Goal,
My mom called and told them how upset she was but didnt get names or id numbers. When we call again what do you mean by number at willcall? Is that a place that you pick tickets up from? Also we used a credit card but she did not ask if it was charged so will ask that when we call again. Thank you very much for the help.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
1st&Goal
Bench Warmer

Willcall is the place at the stadium where you would pick up a prepaid ticket. I would call ticketsolutions again, and explain that you are not comfortable with what is going on. Ask them for the willcall number so you can call them and verify that you have tickets there waiting for you. Tell them you need some kind of assurance fro your piece of mind. Did they send you a receipt for the tickets?
Old 10-23-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
tripp
Water Boy

Ok i will have my mom ask them that as it is under her name she is out so cant call for an hour or so. I gave her all the info you have told me to ask. They gave a email receipt thats all. They did tell my mom they are not picking up the tickets till tonight or sat so the company does not even have the tickets yet and will send a messenger with them to the hotel. I will post here again once i find out what they have said. Thanks again
Old 10-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #6
1st&Goal
Bench Warmer

Keep following up with ticketsolutions. Tell them to call your mom as soon as they have the tickets and when they are on their way to deliver them. I also suggest you have your mom call her credit card company and alert them to possible fraud in this transaction. Maybe the credit card company can assist you in this matter and "twist a few arms" to get some assurances. You may also mention to ticketsolutions that your dilema is being posted on a Steeler fan website, and that their response to this will have a profound effect on their reputation with the Steeler Nation. Good luck Buddy, Let us know how it works out for you.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #7
tripp
Water Boy

Well we called. They said that we would get them. When pressed about it all the said was they would be sent by messenger and he would not need to be picking up the tickets even if they didn't come on saturday. I would have pressed them harder but as its not on my card i had to let my mother do it., They said the credit card had been charged. Any ideas how much the tickets would be to buy at the stadium? Do you think it will be sold out? Do they have ticket vendors there or just scalpers? Thanks for the advice
Old 10-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Very similar situation I experienced with Stub Hub. Tickets are always sold out, so your best bet on game day will be a scalper.

Good luck with this company...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:41 AM   #9
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

This is bad news. My guess they are trying to scramble to "find" you tickets now. If they sold you 510, row C they should have had them months ago. There's no reason they wouldn't have them. Since you bought them in June, I'm guessing you paid far less than what they have been going for the last month or 2. Prices for this game doubled when they signed Favre.
My guess, they sold your tickets to someone who paid big bucks and are trying their best to satisfy your order but can't find anything for what you paid because the prices for this game are rediculous.
I'd get rough with these idiots and threaten to file suit for not only the tickets, but the total trip (hotel, food, any other expense you've incurred)
Truly a bad situation. Also, there will be scalpers, but prices will be high for this one as demand is high and supply is low. I would doubt you'd be able to even get into the stadium for less than $200 per ticket.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:43 AM   #10
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Hey Klick81, what happened with Stubhub? I've used them several times and haven't had any problems.
They boast a fan protect guarantee as well?
Let me know if you don't mind?
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote