Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Fans United

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-24-2009, 09:22 AM   #11
tripp
Water Boy

Member Number: 13611
Default Re: Question about ticketsolutions and buying tickets at the stadium

Hey everyone thanks so much for your replies. The tickets are at the hotel now called them today they said they were there then called the hotel and they said the had them also. My step dad is going to call when he gets to PA and i will ask him to tell me the section.. We just got a email that said the tickets are section 511 aa so that sounds great to me. 511 is right next to 510 and aa is closer then c. I am glad they came and didn't have to go with scalpers as we paid 195 per ticket and as you said it would have been much more to get them from scalpers. Thanks again for the help you all are great!!
tripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #12
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Hey Klick81, what happened with Stubhub? I've used them several times and haven't had any problems.
They boast a fan protect guarantee as well?
Let me know if you don't mind?
To keep a very long story short, they allowed the seller too much leeway with the shipping date (to the tune of pretty much allowing the seller to ship the promised tickets two days before the game!).

I had to settle for lesser quality tickets than what I had paid for if I wanted them at least a few days in advance - in the end I ended up paying about $200 more than I should have. I'LL NEVER USE STUB HUB AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #13
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Tripp- You are right 511 and 510 are right next to each other and the aisle between the 2 sections split the 50 yard line so that is equal. But AA is nowhere close to being as good as C. Row A is the first row on the rail. Row C is the 3rd row. Row AA is the 27th row. Row LL is the last row. There are 38 rows total, so you're very close to the top.
This is total BS. Like I said, you can't even get in the stadium for under $200 right now, being you bought these in June you should rip them a new one. Honestly, the difference in rows is probably the difference in about $100/ ticket on the secondary market.
I would seriously look for some compensation from these idiots.

I know I sound mad, but I'm in a foul mood because I was going with a friend of mine who got free club seats from a client and I just informed him that my wife and I wouldn't be making the trip since my son is sick.

Last edited by steelerchad; 10-24-2009 at 02:41 PM.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #14
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Yes - you're right about that. I've never had it happen to me, but they do allow the seller to pick a ship date the week of the game. What usually ends up happening is the prices drop week of the game and then the buyer gets pissed because he could have just waited and got better tickets for less.

I understand the frustration. However, I will say the fan protect does work for you if the prices go up like this Vikings game. Tripp above is getting screwed by buying early. Stubhub would have gotten him as good or better seats and billed the seller the cost difference, so in that scenario he would have been better off.
Ticket Solutions owes him big time if you ask me.
Oh and Tripp- Did they tell you AA was better than C. Because if they did, they just flat out lied, because I'm sure anyone in the ticket business knows better.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:14 PM   #15
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Yes - you're right about that. I've never had it happen to me, but they do allow the seller to pick a ship date the week of the game. What usually ends up happening is the prices drop week of the game and then the buyer gets pissed because he could have just waited and got better tickets for less.

I understand the frustration. However, I will say the fan protect does work for you if the prices go up like this Vikings game. Tripp above is getting screwed by buying early. Stubhub would have gotten him as good or better seats and billed the seller the cost difference, so in that scenario he would have been better off.
Ticket Solutions owes him big time if you ask me.
Oh and Tripp- Did they tell you AA was better than C. Because if they did, they just flat out lied, because I'm sure anyone in the ticket business knows better.
The Stubhub "Fan Protect" is useless if you ask me. All it basically says is, "if we can't get you tickets the day of the game, we'll give you your money back!".

NO SHIT!!! What's the point of that, if I'm going to fork over MORE money to a scalper while you get your shit together and refund me my money a few days after the game??? If I'm going to be forking over some decent change, I need more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:29 PM   #16
tripp
Water Boy

Member Number: 13611

No they never did say the tickets where better. Hopefully they will be able to see the field good now that i know there close to the top. Yeah i will not go with this place again. steelerchad sorry to hear your not getting to go to the game that blows.
tripp is offline   Reply With Quote