Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 02-05-2006, 11:59 PM   #1
Brady12
Team Captain

Member Number: 973
Default The Final Word by Brady12

First of all, congratulations Seattle Seahawks, unfortunately for your nation, it was not meant to be. Good luck next season, and in the offseason with the draft etc. Second, congratulations to Tom Brady, Pittsburgh should be proud, he jinxed the Hawks by making them win the coin toss. lol, and finally, Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Steeler Nation. A great gameplan, executed tremendously. A complete set of goals is done for Jerome Bettis, I wish him the best of luck in his future, and a little place called Canton, Ohio will be waiting for you. And now the game notes:

There is no doubt in anyones mind, the first quarter was dominated by Seattle. Josh Brown kicked a field goal, and then they scored a what should've ben touchdown by Darrell Jackson. To comment on that, I believe that it was not a penalty, however if he pushed off whoever it was, and the guy went backwards, it's a foul. He barely even touched him, the touchdown should've stood, and a 10-0 Seattle lead. What was up with Jerramy Stevens? He dropped too many passes. Ben roethlisberger played poorly, but does it atually matter? He won the Super Bowl and that is all that matters. Josh Brown, i won't give him that hard a time, He barely missed his field goals, from 50+. To be honest, I don't think Roethlisberger got in on the rush touchdown, but it was pretty darn close to going either way, therefore the correct call was made. Herndon's interception was huge for seattle, instead of being down 21-3, they go back, and I believe they scored on that drive.. can't remember.. I was hoping for overtime, incase Tommy B got to toss the coin again. The half-time show was piss poor. The post-game show on TSN here in Canada was terrible. We were making jokes about how security would probably come over and ask "Who the hell are you guys?" and kick them out. Randle El's injury looked painful painful painful. Credit to him for coming back in, and throwing the touchdown to seal it. Willie PArker had a great day, like someone predicted earlier today. The Hasselbeck fumble, when he ran for 20 yards was also the correct call, overturning it. Umm... Not sure if I can comment or remember on what else happened... Final thoughts, including play of the game etc.

Player of the Game: Hines Ward
Play of the Game: Big Ben's block on Boulware? I believe on the Randle El to Ward play... If he doesn't block him, he probably hits Randle El behind the line, and that touchdown doesn't happen. And then who knows what happens? The lead would still be at 4.
Commercial of the Game: The one Sprint commercial, in the locker room, and the guy throws his phone at the other guy two times.. i loved it.
Goat of the Game: Jerramy Stevens. Enough said.

CONGRATULATIONS PITTSBURGH STEELERS. Enjoy everyone. This one is on me

Last edited by Brady12; 02-06-2006 at 12:18 AM.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:43 AM   #2
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: The Final Word by Brady12

Thanks Brady, I`m sure we will have battles in the future! Its funny now that its over, Now What! Next Season? Not ready for that yet!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:51 AM   #3
rickmastfan67
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady12
Commercial of the Game: The one Sprint commercial, in the locker room, and the guy throws his phone at the other guy two times.. i loved it.
Well, in my opinion, I think the FedEx Cavemen one was the best.

Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.
Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist for the most current updates on the set.
rickmastfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:58 AM   #4
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

I'll agree with most everything Brady12 said....IMO the fumble by Hasselbeck was a fumble. The reason being even though Haggans touch it wasn't what put Hasselbeck on the turf. He fumbled without being touched down. IMO Fumble....

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:43 AM   #5
brianski71
Water Boy

Member Number: 1423

gotta admit.........only intelligent pats fan ive ever seen........but tom brady is still a douche bag!!!!! it was sweet to see him get booed last night.........maybe theyll let him toss it again next year when were in miami!!
brianski71 is offline   Reply With Quote