Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #41
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: GO GATORS!!!

As long as Florida continues to play absolutely NO ONE OOC, I will never respect the program.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #42
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222

Here's a video of the Tebow-Urban man-love I was referring to...

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday....ow-get-nuzzly/
Old 11-02-2009, 08:23 PM   #43
Steeler in Carolina
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1634

Urban Meyer shows today what kind of person he is. The player who gouged the eyes should be suspended for more than 1/2 of the Vanderbilt game. He should take a page from Oregon's coach and at least offer some punishment for this. The first half of a game against Vanderbilt is kind of like a slap on the wrist.
Steeler in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #44
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler in Carolina View Post
Urban Meyer shows today what kind of person he is. The player who gouged the eyes should be suspended for more than 1/2 of the Vanderbilt game. He should take a page from Oregon's coach and at least offer some punishment for this. The first half of a game against Vanderbilt is kind of like a slap on the wrist.
He should get 2 games. Vandy should be a game Florida wins by a Blowout.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #45
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Punching someone, at worst is a broken jaw, gouging an eye at worst is blindness. Half game? The SEC is a bunch of undisciplined, motor mouth thugs. That goes for their players, coaches and the refs who are blatantly giving Florida the SEC championship this year. SEC football is some of the sloppiest and worst played football I've seen all year. When FL decides to play someone besides Florida Atlantic International Tech let me know.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:19 AM   #46
GoFins11
Starter

Member Number: 5876

It was a dirty game on both sides of the ball. A lot of dirty things happen in a Pile up that you usually don't see. I think Urban Meyer made the same discion a lot of Coachs would make. Personally I think the NCAA should make decisions like that but they don't.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #47
GoFins11
Starter

Member Number: 5876

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
As long as Florida continues to play absolutely NO ONE OOC, I will never respect the program.
Have fun with that

I repect winners no matter if I dislike them or not. I dislike OSU and think they are overrated but I sure as hell respect them.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #48
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFins11 View Post
Have fun with that

I repect winners no matter if I dislike them or not. I dislike OSU and think they are overrated but I sure as hell respect them.
I have posted before that I really don't care who wins the Natl. Championship
But you have to admit (take off the Homer glasses) that the deck is very much stacked in favor of Florida---ALL of their OOC games are basically pathetic scrimmages. They don't play a single worthy opponent (like OSU) so that their record remains unblemished. It's an inherent flaw of the whole BCS system which requires that a team go undefeated to be considered worthy of a Natl. Champion.

Like many, I think the BCS system should be used to get down to a final 4 (or 8, or however many) and those teams should then go into a playoff round...there would still be some BCS BS, but it would approach being something more fair in determining who truly is the Champion

Won't EVER happen---there are too many BIG bucks floating around (both above and below the table) that will keep the BS system right where it is
Old 11-03-2009, 09:19 AM   #49
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFins11 View Post
It was a dirty game on both sides of the ball. A lot of dirty things happen in a Pile up that you usually don't see. I think Urban Meyer made the same discion a lot of Coachs would make. Personally I think the NCAA should make decisions like that but they don't.
A lot of SEC coaches maybe. There are only a handful of blatantly dirty plays I remember in recent years. Robert Reynolds of OSU choking a Wisconsin player as he was getting up, LaGarret Blount of Oregon punching a guy, and Spikes OBVIOUSLY trying to gouge out the Georgia guys eyes.

One of these punishments is not like the others and the degree of the malfeasance is the worst, in my opinion, on that one. But I get it, you like Florida, you like Urban Meyer.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #50
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by go fins
Have fun with that

I DISRESPECT teams that take the approach of "winning at any cost" ESPECIALLY in college.

Eye gouging is serious business. I remember when OSU linebacker Robert Reynolds choked Wiscy QB Jim Sorgi after a play. Choking is serious, but isn't going to kill anybody (not when only done for half a second, anyway) or scar or permanently disable them like poking an eyeball out will. Reynolds was suspended for a full game.

UF should have lost to Arkansas and they were literally handed a win. They may very well go on to win the NCG but they will now be in the game undeservedly because they "lost" to an mediocre Razorback team.

Why would I respect that? Why would you? Why defend the indefensible? Why apologize for abhorrent behavior? Don't you want your team to win and win with honor and dignity all on the up-and-up?