Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #31
steelballs
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13011
Default Re: Reed not to blame for kick coverage woes

I was embarassed as a Steeler fan watching his non-attempt at a tackle.
I don't care if he's a kicker, snapper, holder whatever....he's a Steeler and Steelers don't wuss out when it comes to contact. At least fall down in front of the returner, grab his hair, grab anything and hold on, but to simply wuss out....unacceptable.

I agree that your kicker having to make a tackle magnifies many other larger problems in your ST play, but damn make an effort....I guarantee that Sepulveda would have taken his ass out and enjoyed it.

With Reed on the outside looking in (towards being re-signed) you'd think he'd be doing anything he could to help his cause....not go on record as "I'm paid to kick, not tackle"
steelballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:18 AM   #32
Bng_Hevn
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14891
Default Re: Reed not to blame for kick coverage woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeegiesWarriors View Post
My take is that you have a guy riddled with off the field issues not doing whatever it takes on the field to make ammends for it. I'm appreciative that he isn't at least tanking his FGs, but it is apparent to anybody who isn't enthalled with Jeff Reed to see that he is playing not to get hurt. He's damn sure going to be paid and an injury isn't going to enter the negotiation table. If he got an extension tomorrow I would bet the house the next KO that got to him you'd see at least an attempt at a tackle.

That shit don't fly in Steeler Nation. He doesn't have to make the tackle but come on... the attempt against the Vikes I've seen more aggression in a women's powder puff game before. Despite what his intentions are... the perception is he's playing not to get hurt because of his contract situation.
If that's the case, then I can't really blame him. Players do that all the time, why not the kickers. In this "what have you done for me lately" league, if Reed gets hurt, especially if he screws up his leg(s), what compensation does he get? If he got hurt to the point where he couldn't kick, that effectively ends his career.

On the other hand, if he ends his career on a KO then the team, if it signed him to a new contract, would have to eat it.
Bng_Hevn is offline   Reply With Quote