Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #31
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,014 Times in 425 Posts
Default Re: Mike Francesa in NY is Bad Mouthing Ben

Obviously this dude has NEVER watched a Steelers team led by Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. His heroic playoff run in '05 is over shadowed by his Superbowl performance. If it wasn't for Ben's arm in those '05 playoffs, we don't even sniff the Super Bowl. We dropped the first 3 seeds as a 6th! seed in Cincinnati, Indianapolis, AND Denver, let alone beating the NFC's #1 seed in Seattle in the Superbowl. Before Roethlisberger, the Steelers ALWAYS had great teams with great defense's, too bad we never could get that extra leg up, until #7 was selected #11 in the 2004 NFL draft.

In Ben's 5 young seasons, he has produced:

2004: 13-0 as a rookie (rookie record) and led his team to the AFC Title Game.
2005: Youngest QB to ever win a Superbowl and first team ever to win in a 6th seed.
2006: Overcame large odds just to live another day. Had his face busted up and still played the most violent game in the world.
2007: Set all Steelers quarterback records on his way to his first pro-bowl
2008: Won his 2nd SB in 4 years and has made a name for himself as this era's captain comeback.
2009: Hanging with the best in EVERY offensive QB category in the game, including Marsha Brady and Manning. Will go to his 2nd Pro-Bowl of his career.
NOTE: Fastest starting QB ever to win 50 games.*
Just entering his prime now.

Like Ben needs any introduction or backup. The man is a winner and is the ultimate pro and football player. You give me Ben over anybody at ANYTIME. END OF STORY. They can have the whiny, bitchass articles, we'll take the rings with more to come!!
Old 11-21-2009, 12:34 PM   #32
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Two questions:

1. Who is Mike Francesa?

2. Why should I care?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:58 PM   #33
sbbound
Water Boy

Member Number: 15380

Apparently 99% of you didn't hear what Mike Francesa was saying. I'm from the New York area and have been an avid listener of Mike's for 15 years. He was in no way bad mouthing Ben at all. A caller compared Ben Roethlisberger to Peyton Manning as a pure QB and said without a doubt Ben is better than Peyton. Now I don't know if some people are living on Mars, but Peyton Manning is without a doubt the better QB. That is in no way a knock on Ben Roethlisberger. What people fail to understand is that Peyton Manning is one of the best QBs any of us have ever seen. Could Ben one day be mentioned in that category? Sure, but he isn't there yet. But then again you can probably only name 3-4 qbs who you'd consider better than Peyton Manning in the history of the NFL. Francesa was not knocking Ben in any way. He was knocking some extreme homers in the Steeler Nation who apparently watch football with black and gold blinders on. If you listened you'd know he actually loves Ben as a QB, and at least once a week ranks him as the best QB in his draft class, and only a step behind Brady and Manning. Ben is a fantastic QB, there is no doubt about it and that was never in question. Lets just be realistic as Steeler fans. With our Defense Peyton Manning may have qb'd us to 3 undefeated seasons.
sbbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #34
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbound View Post
Apparently 99% of you didn't hear what Mike Francesa was saying. I'm from the New York area and have been an avid listener of Mike's for 15 years. He was in no way bad mouthing Ben at all. A caller compared Ben Roethlisberger to Peyton Manning as a pure QB and said without a doubt Ben is better than Peyton. Now I don't know if some people are living on Mars, but Peyton Manning is without a doubt the better QB. That is in no way a knock on Ben Roethlisberger. What people fail to understand is that Peyton Manning is one of the best QBs any of us have ever seen. Could Ben one day be mentioned in that category? Sure, but he isn't there yet. But then again you can probably only name 3-4 qbs who you'd consider better than Peyton Manning in the history of the NFL. Francesa was not knocking Ben in any way. He was knocking some extreme homers in the Steeler Nation who apparently watch football with black and gold blinders on. If you listened you'd know he actually loves Ben as a QB, and at least once a week ranks him as the best QB in his draft class, and only a step behind Brady and Manning. Ben is a fantastic QB, there is no doubt about it and that was never in question. Lets just be realistic as Steeler fans. With our Defense Peyton Manning may have qb'd us to 3 undefeated seasons.
Well a known fact about our defense through the years in afccg has not been as good as advertised. They payed really well last year in afccg but, I have watch many of those title games where the defense had a bad day. I also will say this give Ben time to throw and, we will see who has more rings at the end.
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:44 PM   #35
sbbound
Water Boy

Member Number: 15380

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
Well a known fact about our defense through the years in afccg has not been as good as advertised. They payed really well last year in afccg but, I have watch many of those title games where the defense had a bad day. I also will say this give Ben time to throw and, we will see who has more rings at the end.
When it comes to QB's like Marino and Peyton Manning its not about the rings, even though Peyton already has one. If you asked Ben what he thought of this discussion he'd laugh at you and probably tell you Peyton is on a level all to his own... My point in general is that in no way was Mike Francesa bad mouthing Big Ben. Its not like he said Chad Pennington is a better qb than Ben Roethlisberger.
sbbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #36
Shellshock
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14445

Francesa likes Ben, but after the Cinci game he said he played like sh^t. Francesa and his old partner Mike Russo created sports talk radio back in 1988.
Shellshock is offline   Reply With Quote