Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-07-2006, 10:06 PM   #21
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: the immaculate reception vs. sb XL

the immaculate reception, the tackle, its all part of Steelers history that we can enjoy forever.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:18 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,777 Times in 2,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
the immaculate reception, the tackle, its all part of Steelers history that we can enjoy forever.
wow i just realized that by winning the sb "the tackle" will be immortalized

(not like it wasnt already by steelernation but our kids will really be seeing replays of that 30 years from now)

Last edited by tony hipchest; 02-07-2006 at 10:24 PM.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:23 PM   #23
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

the tackle may be bigger. If Franco doesnt make that play the Steelers would have still been great in the 70's. Bens play was the difference between a championship and that game going down as the biggest blown/choke playoff game ever (along with the Music City miracle) and completly ruining and tarnishing Bettis' lasting image forever and ever.
The media would have Bill Buckner'd him. The Tackle is legendary already.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:27 PM   #24
FisherMOM
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 982

Hail to the TACKLE... and it was in OUR generation! HOW cool is that?

Imagine 20 years from now watching it with our grandkids...
We can say "Yeah, I remember that like it was yesterday!"
Old 02-08-2006, 06:01 AM   #25
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
ive never seen such a hyped up overblown imaginary "contoversy" over the referees.

there was worse calls against the Steelers at Indy and against the Patriots at Denver. Seattle lost because they sucked. shut up everybody!!!!

and to the Raider people... especially to the "we were the 2 greatest teams ever" chap,
you are dreaming if you think you can even compare the 70's Raiders to the 70's Steelers, like you were Ali and Frazier or something. the 70's Raiders were a choke team that only won their ONE SB because of Ben Dreith. The 00's Patriots, 60's Packers, 80's 49ers, 90's Cowboys, '72 Dolphins, '85 Bears, the 70's Cowboys, the Gibbs Redskins were all better than that Raider group so just go away. Your team has one embarrassing Super Bowl appearance in 22 years. buh-bye!!
If you say so. I can compare the 70's Raiders to the 70's Steelers in the way that both teams played the game. During that time, no one played harder or inflicted more pain on other teams than the Raiders and the Steelers. Our two teams played some killer games against each other in that time period. I would also go so far as to say that there was no team more feared than the 70's Raiders.

I never said that the Raiders won more championships than the Steelers in the 70's did I? Did I mention the other teams that you felt neccessry to mention? I wouldn't be so quick to espouse the greatness of the Patriots just yet. You have a good team, I won't deny that, but you have only been good for a very short time. Stay that good for a few more years... win a few more titles... then you can crow. Your team can't even compare to what the Raiders have accompished... yet. The Raiders and the Steelers have been there over the coarse of the years... the other teams you mention have had a good year or a good decade, their success does not span a longer time than that. The Steelers and the Raiders have had success over a much greater time span.

The Raiders are the only team to have appeared in the Superbowl in 4 out of the last 5 decades. You're right... we couldn't possibly be called one of the great teams in the NFL.

Last edited by silver & black; 02-08-2006 at 06:13 AM.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote