Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-29-2009, 10:56 PM   #1971
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066
Default Re: Steelers vs. Ravens Game Day Thread - 11/29/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
WTF is Ray Ray getting interviewed for? STFU already.

Ray Lewis physically disgusts me. I never thought I'd say that about a football player.
I couldn't agree more. Most annoying player in the NFL, hands down.

Can't wait until the idiot retires, and god I'm hoping some other idiot doesn't decide to give him a broadcasting career. I wouldn't be able to handle it.......
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:57 PM   #1972
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

The D played well enough to win. Really the whole team did. They hung in but just fell short. That was a valiant effort on the road against a division rival who is desperate. Would have loved to win, but that seems to be the MO this year. Play well enough to win and just don't get it done. Just the opposite of last year.

The real difference is the splash plays aren't there. No Polamalu is the difference with that.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:58 PM   #1973
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

BTW all you people calling out the D, they played a great game. Offensively we didn't let Dennis use his ability and that cost us. I have been saying this all season and last, Bruce does a nice job most of the time, but he gets scared when the game is on the line. Last year SB win covering up some team flaws, that are now getting exposed. Poor coverage on D ( especially Gay) and not the best play calling when the game is on the Line and although kick coverage was better punt coverage wasn't too good.
All in all, Dixon played a very good game, we will win out . go 11-5 and get to the playoffs.
Rick5895 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:58 PM   #1974
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
This is true and thats why i think they werent running him, but this is something i do not really agree with...This is a football game and you have to call plays that gives your team a chance to win...IMO running dixon may have given them that chance (guess we'll never know) so not making a play call because of fear a player will get hurt is kinda dumb because in any game on any play somebody can get hurt in the NFL
really? If he gets hurt, who plays? The guy we picked up 2 days ago? Ward? Miller?
Old 11-29-2009, 10:59 PM   #1975
steveironcity
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1135

And a Wildcard is still a real possability. Im proud of this team.

Steelers- 6 time Super Bowl Champions
Pirates- 5 time World Series Champions
Penguins- 3 time Stanley Cup Champions
Panthers- 9 time National Champions
steveironcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:59 PM   #1976
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283

Lot of woulda coulda shoulda in this game. Bottom line is we played the Ravens down to the wire without Ben and without Troy. I feel pretty darn good about that.

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:59 PM   #1977
FacemeIke
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11185

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Gee, I'm sure glad now that we played it safe at the end of the first half. I mean, trying for a field goal was just some Madden-inspired fantasy that obviously would've killed us.

Hell, maybe I'll go play Madden now, just out of spite.
I don't get at all the being so safe with Dixon in he first half but then allow him all the freedom in the world in OT. Only Arians knows why we didnt at least run Dixon out of the pocket at least once in the last 3 drives
FacemeIke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:59 PM   #1978
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashmouthFootball View Post
So I guess the "cool thing to do" is to call someone upset with the team a bandwagoner?

I'm a true fan, and being a true fan I have a right to be upset with the last couple of plays of the game.

Everyone in the stadium knew Ray Rice was running. We were set up to stop him from running. Instead of manning up and stopping the run, they wilted, they got bulldozed, out muscled, ran over.

Sure, they probably win the game even if we stop the run, he was well within his range. That's no excuse for the defense to stop trying, which is what they did as soon as they stepped on the field after the interception.

It was a pathetic effort and I'm embarrassed to see those guys don the black and gold for that effort. Especially since they had put great effort into the previous two possessions. I was proud of them until the point where they quit, and put their mental weakness on national TV for the world to see.

I'll be here win or lose, I'm no FWF, but I have the right to be upset with those final running plays where the Ravens straight PUNKED us.
No, it seems the cool thing is to call the team you claim to love buffoons, and pathetic losers. Sorry, but I have never thought of my team as those things, and I have lived though much worse than this.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #1979
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold View Post
really? If he gets hurt, who plays? The guy we picked up 2 days ago? Ward? Miller?
LOL dude come on, your going to sit there and say what if??? IF he got hurt then that sucks but you CANNOT have fear of that which takes away from possible offensive production

You can honestly tell me since he COULD have got hurt he has to be limited in what he can do? yea right..
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:05 PM   #1980
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
I guess you see what you want to.
Ya I saw what I wanted to. The D did the job tonight, held a good team to 17 in regulation. made big plays when we needed it. When you have a young QB, like we had, who BTW played a very good game, you need to amke use of his ability. On the TD pass he rolled out, on the TD run, guess what, we rolle dhim lout. Even the buffon Collinsworth was calling a boot as the ravens were very aggressive to the ball. I saw it, I am sure lots of other saw it, why gthe hell didnt Arians see it. 2nd and 5 in OT with DD under center it was there,. BUt what the hell do I know , I am only a fan, ....
Rick5895 is online now   Reply With Quote