Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-29-2009, 11:05 PM   #1981
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606
Default Re: Steelers vs. Ravens Game Day Thread - 11/29/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
LOL dude come on, your going to sit there and say what if??? IF he got hurt then that sucks but you CANNOT have fear of that which takes away from possible offensive production

You can honestly tell me since he COULD have got hurt he has to be limited in what he can do? yea right..
so answer my question...

You are the coach now. He runs, he re-injures his knee... who do you put at the helm?
Old 11-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #1982
SmashmouthFootball
Starter

Member Number: 12020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
No, it seems the cool thing is to call the team you claim to love buffoons, and pathetic losers. Sorry, but I have never thought of my team as those things, and I have lived though much worse than this.
Their play on those final run plays was the effort of a bunch of pathetic losers with no heart.

Like I said, it's probably because the pick already basically ended the game so they just mailed it in, I just have a huge problem with that and find conceding 17 yards of free field goal range to Ray Rice was horrible.

They screwed up at the end of regulation, but at least they put the effort in and made them kick a field goal to tie it. They wilted a bit in OT, but they pinned their ears back and gave it all they had.

They were given the short end of a stick after the pick and they quit. I don't care how bad a team is, if the effort is there I'm generally satisfied, but the effort on those final plays was crap and they deserved to be called out for giving up. That's not the mentality of champions.

I think we're going to make the playoffs. I think we'll beat the rat0birds next time out and I think we will have a strong playoff run if healthy, and I can't wait to watch the team the rest of the way, but that final "possession" by Baltimore was the worst thing I've seen from this team the entire year.
SmashmouthFootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:09 PM   #1983
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold View Post
so answer my question...

You are the coach now. He runs, he re-injures his knee... who do you put at the helm?
Well that is a very bad situation and i understand what your saying...I guess Palko, and maybe use mendy/holmes/wallace/(whoever) as wildcat possiblities....your right it would suck if he went down...

I just dont agree with limiting him because of fear of him going down you cant think about that kind of stuff because its always possible for any player.
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:10 PM   #1984
Kvnfaber
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6695

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashmouthFootball View Post
Their play on those final run plays was the effort of a bunch of pathetic losers with no heart.

Like I said, it's probably because the pick already basically ended the game so they just mailed it in, I just have a huge problem with that and find conceding 17 yards of free field goal range to Ray Rice was horrible.

They screwed up at the end of regulation, but at least they put the effort in and made them kick a field goal to tie it. They wilted a bit in OT, but they pinned their ears back and gave it all they had.

They were given the short end of a stick after the pick and they quit. I don't care how bad a team is, if the effort is there I'm generally satisfied, but the effort on those final plays was crap and they deserved to be called out for giving up. That's not the mentality of champions.

I think we're going to make the playoffs. I think we'll beat the rat0birds next time out and I think we will have a strong playoff run if healthy, and I can't wait to watch the team the rest of the way, but that final "possession" by Baltimore was the worst thing I've seen from this team the entire year.
Did you not see the jump cut that Ray Rice did to get the first down in OT? They replayed it and commented on it. Two Steelers LB's were clearly plugging the hole and about to hit him. It's just a great play by a great running back. There is a difference between lack of effort and giving it all you've got when running on fumes after 65+ minutes of football.

Last edited by Kvnfaber; 11-29-2009 at 11:11 PM. Reason: grammar
Kvnfaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:12 PM   #1985
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
its always possible for any player.
True, but you usually have a 2nd and 3rd string player behind them just in case. If you have no failsafe, you can't really go for broke.

Like you can't spend ALL of your cash on a credit card to pay it off. If Murphy shows up and you don't have any cash, then what?
Old 11-29-2009, 11:14 PM   #1986
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:
True, but you usually have a 2nd and 3rd string player behind them just in case. If you have no failsafe, you can't really go for broke.

Like you can't spend ALL of your cash on a credit card to pay it off. If Murphy shows up and you don't have any cash, then what?
Lol i agree with what your saying however we are just different i guess, limiting a player because of something that MIGHT happen is something i dont agree with, and i would have to take the blame if i were the coach and something did happen

But im not the coach nor will i ever be so no worrys lol
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:15 PM   #1987
.24lockdown
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7265

Quote:

so go ahead and tell ryan clark not to put on the big hits cuz troy is already out....
Old 11-29-2009, 11:17 PM   #1988
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveironcity View Post
Im kind of ashamed to be a Steeler fan if this is how other "fans" act. A great performance by a 1st time starter, Decent showing by the D, and all we have around here are abunch of crybabies. We were beat by a better team. I bet if i checked these "fans"arent even from Western PA, because we dont tolerate your BS. Go root for "Americas Team" or Bellicheat.
Yea that, try watching a game until 6 am as well...

Worst shit happens at steelernation tho.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:18 PM   #1989
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283

QUESTION : Where did the "Watch Out Ben" thread go ?

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:19 PM   #1990
SteelersMomma
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15023

Quote:
So you honestly are proud of this team? You think the D is playing championship football?

I am not used to a D that how many times in this season can not put up a stop when it matters. How many 4th quarter leads have we blown?

I guess Dungy is an idiot too because he said the same thing, that Steelers D doesnt give up 4th quarter leads they way they have this season.

Seriously you're making it seem like every year for the rest of NFL history we're suppose to "be" a championship team. Guess what sweetie.. it doesn't happen! Not a single team will be a "champion" football team for eternity. So get off the high horse and hope we will do better next week.

**My husband will be home from his 1 yr tour in Korea next month!**
SteelersMomma is offline   Reply With Quote