Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 02-08-2006, 04:23 PM   #11
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,521 Times in 3,752 Posts
Default Re: COLD PIZZA PICKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
The Bolts are going to be a huge threat this year, but they better get something done soon becsue the kind of talent they have on offense doesn't last forever.

I'd certainly put them up there in the top3 most talented teams in the league.

They have balance on D aswell - some excellent young rookies making big strides.

NM
Which part of the Bolts talent impresses you the most? The QB who never had a cannon for an arm who is coming off a throwing shoulder injury, the other QB who has played one half of a regular season game in 2 seasons, or their big game head coach?

The Bolts screw up enough in big games that I believe they will fall below Denver & KC next season.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:59 PM   #12
Ruck Fules
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1679

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Cold Pizza picks the top five teams most likely to win the superbowl next year

woody:...............Skip:
Patriots .................Colts
Colts.......... ...... .. Patriots
Broncos ......... .... Panthers
Redskins .............. Broncos
Dolphins/Patriots .......Bears

Where are the steelers???? Did we not prove anything???
Thats okay though.....ive said before we good underdogs.....
It would be nice to have some respect....
Think this will get the team back to work early
LMAO @ Woody picking the Dolphins and Deadskins!
Old 02-08-2006, 06:05 PM   #13
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
Which part of the Bolts talent impresses you the most? The QB who never had a cannon for an arm who is coming off a throwing shoulder injury, the other QB who has played one half of a regular season game in 2 seasons, or their big game head coach?

The Bolts screw up enough in big games that I believe they will fall below Denver & KC next season.
Ok i'll list the bits that impress me, in no particular order.

The All-Star running back LaDainian Tomlinson.

In the toughest conference this guy rushes for an unbelieveable amount of yards and at such a consistent rate.

Last year he rushed for 1462 yds at and average of 4.3 ypc and 18 TD's.

His career average is exactly the same 4.3 ypc and this is with having no recognised quality at QB before this past couple of years.

He also averages 1472 yards per year over his 5 year career to date!

The best TE in football

Antonio Gates has revolutionised the TE position in his short time in the league - this guy is a genuine deep threat aswell as gaining the hards yards over the middle and just about any jump ball thrown his way in the endzone.

Gates just had his most productive year in 2005 - going above 1000yards for the first time - a mark not reached by any Steelers receiver.

A born again QB

Drew Brees has had a fantastic last couple of years for a supposed bust. Passing for over 3000 both years and 104.8 and 89.2 passer ratings his TD/INT ratio is impressive over this period too - 51TD's 22 INT's.

This guy is only going to keep improving.

Up and coming Stars on the D

Many teams would wish they could return to the draft to pick up two destructive forces of nature on the SD Defense - Shawn Merriman and Luis Castillo.

Merriman picked up 10 sacks in his debut year and had many more pressures.

Luis Castilllo had a very solid year for the Chargers and improved as the year progressed picking up 3.5 sacks and 1 forced fumble and starting every game.

I see plenty here that could cause teams problems next year....but then maybe thats only me.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:25 PM   #14
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,521 Times in 3,752 Posts

It's a QB driven league and if I were the Charger fan base I would be furious/despondent over Brees being played by Schottenheimer in the meaningless last game of the year and being injured.

I agree that team can beat anyone with a healthy QB (just ask the Colts) but with the QB question, losing a lot of close games, and a head coach who nows stands alone as being charged with being unable to win big games something simply does not add up.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:32 PM   #15
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
It's a QB driven league and if I were the Charger fan base I would be furious/despondent over Brees being played by Schottenheimer in the meaningless last game of the year and being injured.

I agree that team can beat anyone with a healthy QB (just ask the Colts) but with the QB question, losing a lot of close games, and a head coach who nows stands alone as being charged with being unable to win big games something simply does not add up.
I see.

I called them them one of the most talented teams in the league.

If Cowher can win the big one I dont see why Schottenheimer can't - they both have desirable regular season records.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #16
Tha rock
Starter

Member Number: 406

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan
I may be slightly biased, but I really think that the Chargers have a much better shot than the Dolphins or Redskins. Cold Pizza in general is a show full of idiots.

not really!!