Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
UltimateBengal
Banned

Member Number: 15469
Default The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

For anyone like me, who grew up with pro wrestling and it's many characters! Let me get it started by asking who your favorite wrestler is and why? Mine is a tie between Sting and the Undertaker! I would've liked to see them face each other!

Also, how do feel the new partnership between Hogan, Bischoff, and TNA will affect the company going forward?
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBengal View Post
For anyone like me, who grew up with pro wrestling and it's many characters! Let me get it started by asking who your favorite wrestler is and why? Mine is a tie between Sting and the Undertaker! I would've liked to see them face each other!

Also, how do feel the new partnership between Hogan, Bischoff, and TNA will affect the company going forward?
Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan were my favorites.

I didn't realize Hogan was getting into TNA, and if its Him and Bischoff together, well I would expect Big Things from TNA considering it was them, with Scott Hall and Kevin Nash that brough the WCW into the ForeFront of Wrestling and basically made McMahan their Biatch for about 3 years straight in the ratings. McMahan had to actually Buy them out to get back to the top. His product was inferior and if these two are going to take on with TNA, it will be again.

Not that I've watched in a very long time.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
UltimateBengal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan were my favorites.

I didn't realize Hogan was getting into TNA, and if its Him and Bischoff together, well I would expect Big Things from TNA considering it was them, with Scott Hall and Kevin Nash that brough the WCW into the ForeFront of Wrestling and basically made McMahan their Biatch for about 3 years straight in the ratings. McMahan had to actually Buy them out to get back to the top. His product was inferior and if these two are going to take on with TNA, it will be again.

Not that I've watched in a very long time.
Hulk was given what had been Jarretts creative control position. Bischoff comes on board with his company, Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment to expand the brand and media side. The press conference at Madison Square Garden is on Youtube.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642

I have had many favorite depending on thier gimmicks.Like i used to love triple h but not when he is being a clown with shawn.By the way that whole dx gimmick isnt as cute when its so over the top (with the stubid marketing of thier items-alright we get the joke already) and when it's being done by 40 year men.I used to hate hulk but when he turned bad i loved him with the nwo,which was the best gimmick in the history of wrestling,until they went over the top with it adding the wolf pack and the fact that almost the whole roster was part of them.I loved justin credible as i loved old ecw.I have to say as my brother is freidns with him i also like shawn waltman (aka-six pack,123 kid) And i hate wwe now as i cant stand the jon cena gimmick and that whole guest gm is getting old already.Yeah i watch tna now and yes it's great that hogan is coming in there but they sure are streching that as much as that did that whole hogan vs sting story line (which was the best story line in wrestling until they went too long with it but that first match was great) in wcw.I would love to see vince russo who is a writer come with hulk as i dont think bisoff adds anythign to it as he will just dod his wcw things in there.I think at the end of wcw was thier best years when they had russo and bisoffs as bad guys on there.And i also heard that pyscho sid is coming with hulk to tna so that sould be interesting.
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:46 PM   #5
UltimateBengal
Banned

I agree with you about the whole DX thing! It's also cool that your brother is friends with Waltman. He wound up in some hot water with Chyna didn't he? I also heard that Hogan wants to bring RVD, Savage, and Austin with him. Austin came out with a statement saying he wanted to stick with acting, which is too bad!
Old 12-04-2009, 03:12 AM   #6
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642

Yeah,that shawn is a great guy.He is doing indy shows now.He has had a tough road for sure and chyna was just one those speed bumps on that road.I have not heard about who else hogan wants to bring in.But if tna has a drug policy i don;t think rvd will be coming with him as that;'s what got him out of the wwe.I would hate if hogan brought in the guys you mentioed as that's just the same OLD same OLD,if you know what i mean.You got to do something new and not the same storylines.I mean with sting i can see them doing the same hogan and sting they did with the nwo.Where sting shows up in the rafters.Man that's getting old.Tna has alot of young talent and theres alot more at indy shows.Bring them in and create something like ecw did.I mean if ecw had the money they were on the verge of being a power to vince and the wwe.It's just that vince has all the money and power and can buy networks the other can not.The whole wwe is going the way of wcw and that is old.Its the same people vs the same people.But because there is no compition vince doesnt haveto wrroy about putting a good or decent product out there.And usa doesnt care about rating obviously as thier rating are not all that great.And this guest host thing is not that much of a opush to them as i bet they though it would be.And the last tv show i went to was a smackdown taping and they had the wcw black tarp over the upper levels in the arena.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBengal View Post
I agree with you about the whole DX thing! It's also cool that your brother is friends with Waltman. He wound up in some hot water with Chyna didn't he? I also heard that Hogan wants to bring RVD, Savage, and Austin with him. Austin came out with a statement saying he wanted to stick with acting, which is too bad!
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:56 AM   #7
Venom
Team Captain

Member Number: 13824

Growing up , my favorite was Randy Macho Man Savage . I went to all his matches growing up at Madison Square Garden . Those were the good ole days . Also , I remember being a kid , sitting in the first row and watching a lumberjack match between Ricky The Dragon Steamboat vs The Honky Tonk Man . All the wrestlers I loved outside the ring , 1 foot away from me throwing back the wrestlers if they got thrown out of the ring. I thought I was in heaven .
I also liked the NWO days of the NWA . That was a pretty cool story line until it got old . NWO 4 LIFE !!
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:07 AM   #8
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Loved Ricky The Dragon
Sting
Hogan
Bret Hart

(just to name a few)

As for DX, DX was great when it was the full entourage, Chyna, Billy the Kid, Roaddog, etc. Now that it's just Shawn and Triple H, it's not as good as it once was. I can only hope that they've stopped pimping their products. It's more entertaining when they just kick arse.

With Hogan going to TNA, he is going to have find some new talent and rip some never before story lines in order to supplant WWE and their foothold in the wrestling world. He definitely won't be able to do that with the talent level on TNA considering that WWE is holding down two time slots a week.

What station is TNA on anyway?

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #9
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

TNA is on Spike, I caught part of it last night, prompted by this Thread actually because I wanted to see the Hogan News...apparently Sting is none too happy about Hogan showing up...but that's the norm.

Sting hates WWE, he is one of the few guys to never really go work there. I wouldn't be surpised to see Hogan rip away some Talent from WWE, like Betista or something, he started in the WCW and only went WWE when McMahon bought the company.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #10
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Hogan and Bischoff wanted to buy WCW before it was sold to WWF back in 2001 but couldnt get the funding. Im really concerned its gonna hurt TNA in the long run as just before Hogan signed they started pushing the younger guys like AJ Styles Matt Morgan and Hernandez. Now Hogan is there and is rumored to have Ric Flair involved. Bischoff is there simply as the marketing guy and to get them another show per week.