Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 02-08-2006, 10:23 PM   #11
WeNowHave5
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1941
Default Re: This Seahawks fan's two cents, for what it's worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
I don`t think anyone here would argue that officiating sucks! We`ve been screwed regularly. Alot of the calls sunday were judgement calls, what are you going to do! And I understand being bitter, but they have to let it go. In Pittsburgh, I was at the parade, its over, but ESPN, NFL Network won`t let the seahawks statements die, so it has tainted our win.

Your comments will go over well here! You seem very knowledgable, and a good Haks fan. So thank you. You may want to consider sticking around, we have a great forum here, with alot of outsiders!
I think there was really one ridiculous call (on Hasslebeck after his INT) and 2 questionable tick-tack (although techinically correct) calls. What bothered me was the post-game crying and nitpicking, the Parrot like regurgitation from bandwagon fans who only showed that they know very little about the game itself. Some even made up crap, such as claiming that Bens Touchdown was not a TD when the Picture clearly shows that it was.

To be honest, I thought Holmgren came out looking bad as he pandered to a very large crowd by saying that the referees were on Pittsburgh's side. I expect this from fans but not from a professional coach like Holmgren, especially when that coach demonstrated poor clock magement and his players could not execute 2 field goals and through an INT down by 4 points as they were getting ready to take the lead. In fact, I think Mike holmgren could learn a lesson from Hasslebeck, who acted like a man and said Pittsburgh made the big plays to win and SEATTLE didnt
WeNowHave5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #12
AustinSeahawk
Water Boy

Member Number: 1935

Like many people, I have seen this photo being passed around the internet. To the casual observer, it may look convincing, but it's not.

What you think is the ball crossing the line is, in fact, Ben's right arm, tape and all. The ball is actually under his chest, a few inches back. If you go back on the game tape (assuming you TiVo'd it), you'll see that he actually loses control of the ball for a split second before landing on it. He then grabs it and places it across the line.

In any event, it's a moot point. I honestly believe that if faced with a fourth and goal, you would have gone for it and scored anyway. That play is not one of the ones that bothers me the most.

By the way, thanks for the nice welcome and comments, guys. We're all football lovers here, and friendly rivalries make the game more fun.
AustinSeahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:11 AM   #13
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSeahawk
Like many people, I have seen this photo being passed around the internet. To the casual observer, it may look convincing, but it's not.

What you think is the ball crossing the line is, in fact, Ben's right arm, tape and all. The ball is actually under his chest, a few inches back. If you go back on the game tape (assuming you TiVo'd it), you'll see that he actually loses control of the ball for a split second before landing on it. He then grabs it and places it across the line.
Sorry, but no. See this VIDEO evidence of the same. That's a football.

http://www.kdka.com/steelers

Click on video, on right of the screen, of Holmgren pandering to the fans.

Last edited by Suitanim; 02-09-2006 at 11:59 AM.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:46 AM   #14
AustinSeahawk
Water Boy

Member Number: 1935

I clicked on the link to the right of Holmgren, and it's a 10 minute video of the Steelers victory parade. No footage of Ben's touchdown plunge.

If you believe that is a football that the line goes through, then where is his right arm? The arm crosses, but the football is under his chest. I've watched the game over and over on my DVR, and have yet to see the ball cross the plane.

BUT PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that it doesn't really matter to me, because as I've said before, I think that you guys would have scored anyway on 4th and goal at the 1 inch line, so it's a moot point. It's not my intention to argue over video clips, pictures, or rules interpretations. I simply wanted to congratulate you guys and let you guys know that we're not all bad Seahawk fans.

Questionable calls or not, we didn't win, and you guys have the trophy. Time to look forward to the offseason!
AustinSeahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #15
thumb 2 come
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 584

Quote:
I clicked on the link to the right of Holmgren, and it's a 10 minute video of the Steelers victory parade. No footage of Ben's touchdown plunge.

If you believe that is a football that the line goes through, then where is his right arm? The arm crosses, but the football is under his chest. I've watched the game over and over on my DVR, and have yet to see the ball cross the plane.

BUT PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that it doesn't really matter to me, because as I've said before, I think that you guys would have scored anyway on 4th and goal at the 1 inch line, so it's a moot point. It's not my intention to argue over video clips, pictures, or rules interpretations. I simply wanted to congratulate you guys and let you guys know that we're not all bad Seahawk fans.

Questionable calls or not, we didn't win, and you guys have the trophy. Time to look forward to the offseason!

Hew was holding the ball on his right side so if he extends his arm out the ball is tucked between his hand and elbow therefore if the elbow makes it that far across the plane then the tip of the ball would be tucked in there also so it would be a touchdown.

I guess we will all have to agree to disagree.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:02 PM   #16
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:

If it matters, then go back and watch above replay and click on the CORRECT video, not the one next to it. His arm is under the ball, what some delusional squak fans are calling the ball is another Steelers helmet, and his right arm is where it should be, attached to his body on the right part of his body and not seen in this picture.

If it doesn't matter, than stop responding.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote