Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-08-2006, 12:19 AM   #11
theSteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 1628
Default Re: The Torch Has Been Passed

I guess we shouldn't have any trouble getting motivated to repeat...all this bullsh!t talk about bad calls for the past 2 days and now we are behind Indy, New England, Denver, AND FREAKIN SEATTLE in the odds to win Super Bowl XLI.

Guess it's Pittsburgh vs the World II...personally, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Let them whine though...they ain't seen bad...but it's comin.

"We are traveling a path right now that no one else has been on. However you want to view that, it will be a big challenge for us. But we certainly aren?t going to let history dictate our journey. As I told the players a lot of times, your journey can make history. That?s kind of the mindset that we have." -Coach Cowher
theSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:26 AM   #12
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1254
Thumbs up Re: The Torch Has Been Passed

Very eloquently put,points to you!!
Old 02-08-2006, 10:46 PM   #13
theSteeler
Water Boy

I've always enjoyed watching highlights of Super Bowls IX, X, XIII, and XIV...never watched XXX...but today the feeling is even sweeter knowing that we, and we being those 25-35, have something special to remember forever...we don't have to rely on the past anymore, we can still brag about the 70's, but the present is definitely sweet right now.

The feeling is finally hitting me now.

"We are traveling a path right now that no one else has been on. However you want to view that, it will be a big challenge for us. But we certainly aren?t going to let history dictate our journey. As I told the players a lot of times, your journey can make history. That?s kind of the mindset that we have." -Coach Cowher
Old 02-08-2006, 11:44 PM   #14
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

..... I guess I'm one of the 'older-generation' now.....

I'm 46+, have no children of my own, so I have no-one to 'share' this with.....

I've LIVED & DIED with the Stillers from the late-'60s on, and while you talk about 16,000 showing-up now to watch Sid Crosby, I used to be one of 4,500 watching that team of 'pointy-headed flight-less birds' 10 YEARS before Mario showed-up in town.....

having-said-that (and NO, I'm NOT Stan Savran ), I have cringed for years for the current crop of players each time I've heard "One-for-the-Thumb" mentioned:
it is disrespectful, at-best.

I am THRILLED for this current generation of Stiller fan, for them to witness their team claiming a well-deserved Championship of their own:
my neighbor is 'just' 33, and he barely-remembers SB-XIV, but as we've already spoken, he'll remember Parker jumping into the endzone, Roethlisberger lobbing an under-thrown pass that will be intercepted, and Ward 'skipping' past a defender to 'SEAL-THE-DEAL' on his death-bad, just as I will recall Dwight White playing in SB-IX with a bad-case of pnuemonia, Lambert tossing Cliff Harris like a rag-doll in SB-X, and John Stallworth bending-backwards on "60-HOOK-and-GO" in SB-XIV when I am close to death.

You kids enjoy this while it lasts:
it may-not happen again in your lifetime.
4xSBChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:20 AM   #15
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSteeler
I guess we shouldn't have any trouble getting motivated to repeat...all this bullsh!t talk about bad calls for the past 2 days and now we are behind Indy, New England, Denver, AND FREAKIN SEATTLE in the odds to win Super Bowl XLI.

Guess it's Pittsburgh vs the World II...personally, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Let them whine though...they ain't seen bad...but it's comin.

You can bet your last dollar the Steelers media relations are stockpiling all this negative talk after our SB win..and come training camp it'll be all over the locker room each and every week.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:12 AM   #16
CASTEEL
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 884

Fantasticly Written!!! I just read that out loud to my wife and she got all teary-eyed while I got all goose-bumpy... LOL

My wife and I had only been dating a short time when SB XXX took place. Two Steelers fans from a small town in central CA.... lol.... imagine that. We were both broken hearted watching that loss, and have been waiting through all these years and heartbreaks to get this, just as every other member of our Steelers Nation.

We are so very proud and happy to be a part of this great Nation of fans from all over THE WORLD!!!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 08:57 PM   #17
theSteeler
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTEEL
Fantasticly Written!!! I just read that out loud to my wife and she got all teary-eyed while I got all goose-bumpy... LOL

My wife and I had only been dating a short time when SB XXX took place. Two Steelers fans from a small town in central CA.... lol.... imagine that. We were both broken hearted watching that loss, and have been waiting through all these years and heartbreaks to get this, just as every other member of our Steelers Nation.

We are so very proud and happy to be a part of this great Nation of fans from all over THE WORLD!!!!!
Thank you. This year has inspired me to get back in the media game...I hope I get to produce a sequel next season...