Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #261
taintedsteelxl
Water Boy

Member Number: 1964
Default Re: Let's get one thing straight right now.. Officials

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyD.
-I checked out that site. All I can say is it's a load of crap. Continous whining about the unfair calls. Well the calls went both ways. And I still say there were really only two really bad calls. The low block against Hasselbeck during the interception return, and the "incomplete pass" for Stevens (or Stephens, I can't remember which spelling) that should have been a Steelers fumble recovery. Sorry, but the game is long over and it's time to move on. Maybe the Sonics or Mariners will give Seattle a title.
L8R,
Matt D.

Clearly you did not watch the game with an observant eye. If you would have you would have realized that Stevens' dropped pass was not recovered by a Steeler but was instead allowed to roll unimpeded towards the sidelines.

Thank you
taintedsteelxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:53 PM   #262
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by taintedsteelxl
Clearly you did not watch the game with an observant eye. If you would have you would have realized that Stevens' dropped pass was not recovered by a Steeler but was instead allowed to roll unimpeded towards the sidelines.

Thank you
Perhaps you should start a website to fire Holmgren for not challenging that call if it was so clear? Or how about his horrific clock management skills? Perhaps you could erect a billboard across from his house?
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:57 PM   #263
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,195 Times in 3,490 Posts

Quote:

Thank you
THE WHISTLE HAD BLOWN! the ball was dead! #51 was all over it if it were a live ball. what about that do you not understand. he was right there in the screen with the ball getting ready to pick it up. tell the whole story if youree gonna continue to spew this b.s.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:04 PM   #264
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Perhaps you should start a website to fire Holmgren for not challenging that call if it was so clear? Or how about his horrific clock management skills? Perhaps you could erect a billboard across from his house?
..... the ONLY thing that taintedsteelxl has 'erected' so-far is a steaming pile of
4xSBChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 04:10 PM   #265
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

There were a few calls that could have been different, but the Hawks killed them selves they had every oppurtunity to take the lead and blew it.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:53 AM   #266
MattyD.
Water Boy

Location: Ohio. In the Bermuda Triangle located between Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Columbus
Member Number: 1889

Quote:

Thank you
-Yes I did watch the game closely. That's why I was yelling at the tv that the Hasselbeck call wasn't a penalty. What I said was the Steelers "would" have had a fumble recovery. But as mentioned before, the play was blown dead. But I also forgot to mention the uncalled block in the back against Ben. No flag there and it benefited Seattle. The Seahawks did more harm to themselves than the refs did. All season long the officiating has been sub-par, so why would the Super Bowl be any different? If I've forgotten anything else, I apologize. I work all midnights and have only been home for about an hour. No sleep yet. Oh yeah, one more thing.

L8R,
Matt D.
MattyD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:15 AM   #267
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,150 Times in 1,323 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Smile Re: Let's get one thing straight right now.. Officials

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
There were a few calls that could have been different, but the Hawks killed them selves they had every oppurtunity to take the lead and blew it.
Hey tainted! This is from a Bengals fan who would be more apt to watch this game w/ Seahawk eyes. Now shut your tainted hole!

Even IF your complaints were valid the Steelers and their fans had NOTHING to do with it. Put up your billboard in Seattle, gather around it and sing "Kumbaya" until draft day.

Oh yeah, and have a nice day! :-)