Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #11
24seven
Starter

Member Number: 525
Default Re: What is the deal with ARE?

I'm hoping he'll have the Brady or Bettis effect and realize that money isn't everything... There are still some select few that feel team and comradere is more important than a little extra dough.. It's not like he's NOT getting paid.. Greed will come at a price and I truly believe he is most relished right here in Steeler country.. Look what happened to Kordell after leaving and going to Chicago.. Granted he continued to suck but they threw him out the window faster than Mr. bobbits penis.. Please stay ARE!! If you leave I guess Bettis didn't have an effect on him whatsoever..
Old 02-12-2006, 02:26 PM   #12
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24seven
I'm hoping he'll have the Brady or Bettis effect and realize that money isn't everything... There are still some select few that feel team and comradere is more important than a little extra dough.. It's not like he's NOT getting paid.. Greed will come at a price and I truly believe he is most relished right here in Steeler country.. Look what happened to Kordell after leaving and going to Chicago.. Granted he continued to suck but they threw him out the window faster than Mr. bobbits penis.. Please stay ARE!! If you leave I guess Bettis didn't have an effect on him whatsoever..
Bettis was paid at one point in his career, so it was easy for him to take a pay cut. ARE wants his first pay day
Old 02-12-2006, 02:30 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,129 Times in 2,634 Posts

excellent atlanta dan. when the rooneys finally got their new stadium they shelled out signing bonusses to many players, and have been maxed out in the cap and one of the highest paid teams since. they definitely arent frugal, but it says alot about there method and looking at the success under the cowher era that one of the biggest free agent players from another team has been jeff hartings. their priorities have been in order and they always seem to take care of the big guys (linemen) on both sides of the ball. look how they extended hampton while ward was supposedly the #1 priority. keep in mind they rarely extend anyone before their contract is up. doing it for hampton and ward shows me they are dedicated to trying their best to keep this thing going for a long time.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote