Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-15-2006, 08:04 AM   #11
XxKnightxX
Team Captain

Member Number: 832
Default Re: chad brown watching the superbowl

oh well too bad... just ask chad scott as well for going to that team as well. I just laugh at all the players who left the team last year either for the pats or for some other "contending team" like the ravens.

made by steelman16
XxKnightxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:55 PM   #12
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

I wonder if Burress is cryin too? Not only is a brand new player sportin a Super Bowl ring and his old number but he left where he was legendary (Hine-Burress-Roethlisberger aka Direct Connect like Nextel) to a team where hes just so-so n Eli gets all da headlines. Hope Plaxico likes 17 because now Wilson will be known as 80. Peace.

BuFu
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:01 PM   #13
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
Chad Brown was for me the worst FA loss of the mid-1990s due to how it happened. Steelers had to decide after the 1995 season to re-sign Greg Lloyd or Chad Brown, knowing they could not afford to sign both. Lloyd was at his peak and Brown was entering his prime. Steelers made the defensible choice to re-sign Lloyd, who blew out his knee the first game of the 1996 season against Jax and was effectively done with his career.

Given their financial circumstances at the time, Steelers had no $$ left to re-sign Brown after 1996 for remotely close to what he was worth. Brown left, but it is not as if the Steelers made a competitive offer.

Brown had a similar choice to make this season; he bet on the team at its peak and guessed wrong.

Concur 100%. Chad Brown was the worst loss not only in the mid-90's but since. But he blew his chance for redemption when he signed with New England because he didn't want to be known for what he is now - a back-up.

Kiss that ring goodbye Chad.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:38 PM   #14
MattyD.
Water Boy

Location: Ohio. In the Bermuda Triangle located between Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Columbus
Member Number: 1889

-Yeah, I always like Chad too. Especially when he had that monster game against the Bengals way back. I can't remember for sure, but didn't he have something like 5-6 sacks that game? Man was that a wicked linebacker corps then or what? And as far as Plax, he didn't play well enough to justify his attitude. And I'm glad that Cedric Wilson started seeing some air time. But hey, in a run heavy team there are only so many balls thrown in a game. At least they started using him near the end.

L8R,
Matt D.
MattyD. is offline   Reply With Quote