Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Gamer Chat

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #21
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Re: 2010 Steelers Journal

Wildcard Weekend Results

12-20

10-28

24-41

40-31
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #22
Carolina Steelers
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 3009

Keep up the good work I really enjoy reading this. good luck in playoffs
Carolina Steelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:57 PM   #23
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Steelers View Post
Keep up the good work I really enjoy reading this. good luck in playoffs
hey thanks man.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #24
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Week 19 - Game Report

4:30 PM ET, January 18, 2011
Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA
CBS

[hidden]-----------------------------[/hidden]

Denver Broncos (11-5) at Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)

Pittsburgh shutout Denver and progress

William Gay celebrates as he is one of the 4 players that ball hawk'd Orton

Game Photos
Ben Roethlisberger celebrates his 4th straight playoff win
Rolando McClain forces a fumble
Hines Ward delivers a first down
Kyle Orton throws his 1st of many interceptions

Box Score
- 00 - 00 - 00 - 00- 00

- 00 - 10 - 03 - 03- 16

PITTSBURGH, PA

It was over when...
With score 13-0 with 4 minutes remaining Kyle Orton threw an interception to William Gay who returned it some distance to put them into field goal distance, Lones Seiber did his thing to hit his third field goal of the day.

Game Ball
James Harrison had 3 tackles, 1 sack, 1 fumble forced, 1 fumble recovered and 1 defensive touchdown when he returned it 58 yards to give the game it's only touchdown.

The sixth ranked defence travelled to the first ranked defence where they bouted in a touchdownless game. The Denver Broncos found out that Kyle Orton is no good in the playoffs throwing 4 interceptions and throwing for under 90 yards.

The Game opened with the Denver Broncos looking good, but as soon as they entered Steeler territory Kyle Orton threw a interception to James Farrior. The Steelers took advantage and grinded out a 50 yard 14 plays drive where Lones Seiber hit the field goal good, but holding called it back and he missed leaving the scores unchanged at 0-0.

With 3 and out's for the duration of the first quarter the Steelers punted to the Broncos in which ex Steeler Stefan Logan tried to return a punt only to see Rolando McClain force and fumble and James Harrison return it 58 yards for the only touchdown of the day.

The Steelers managed another field goal in the second quarter and hit it good from 50 yards to put them up 10-0 at half time. Both teams had under 100 yards total offense.

The Steelers returned the opening kickoff in which led a 9 play 30 yard drive where Lones Seiber hit his 3rd field goal as the Steelers drew further away from the Broncos 13-0.

With just under 5 minutes left the Broncos threw an interception to William Gay who returned it 24 yards to put Lones Seiber in field goal range, in which he hit is third successful field goal ending the Broncos hopes.

The Steelers only managed 194 yards whilst the Broncos managed 178 yards. Ben Roethlisberger only threw for 102 but it was enough as the defence carried them through to the AFC Championship for the 3rd time in 6 years.

When LaMarr Woodley who piled up 19 sacks this year was asked how they shut out the Broncos and lost against the Browns... twice he replied "Well i just guess playoff's are alot different to the regular season, the towels are constant waving, renegade comes on, i guess we really wanted this win and got it"

Next Week the Steelers travel to LP Field to face off against the #3 defence and the MVP Candidate Chris Johnson.

The Pittsburgh Steelers defence after forcing a 5th turnover against the Denver Broncos
Old 01-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #25
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Divisional Rounds Results

21-31

00-16

19-16

06-48
Old 01-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #26
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Head to Head:The Pittsburgh Steelers own the overall series and lead 39-29.

Chris Johnson will try and become the first NFL Player to rush for over 200 yards against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs

Chris Johnson surpassed Erik Dickerson's record in 2010 with 2285 yards on 430 attempts with 17 touchdowns.

The Last time these sides played he ran for 23 yards on 11 attempts and fumbled the ball. This time around he is preparing himself for a big as he swept the Patriots aside last week with 200 yards and 3 touchdowns.

"Im definitley going to go over 100 yards, i'll see if i can get 250 yards i know i can their ranked near middle in the league at protecting the run... imma gon break a long one and when i do Polamalu can kiss da baby".

Strong words from the best running back in the NFL as the Steelers have allowed 75 yards per game against the run, quite good stats but not as good as Seattle's 55. In which Chris Johnson rushed in 2009. "It time for me to get into the Hall of Fame baby".
Old 01-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #27
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

AFC Conference Weekend- Game Report

1:00 PM ET, February 1, 2011
LP Field, Nashville, TN
CBS

Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) at Tennessee Titans (12-4)

Steelers are going to Super Bowl XLV

After all the smack talk Chris Johnson gave, he injured his pectoral early on ending his playoff run

Game Photos
Santonio Holmes recieves a catch in double coverage
Rashard Mendenhall plowes in for the touchdown
Mike Wallace goes behind recievers for the long touchdown run
Ben Roethlisberger dumps a rusher on it's head
David Gerrard flies over Troy Polamalu

Box Score
- 14 - 07 - 00 - 03- 24

- 00 - 07 - 00 - 14- 21

PITTSBURGH, PA —

It was over when...
With 45 seconds left, The Steelers leading 21-14, Lones Seiber kicked them to the Super Bowl and putting them out of reach with 24-14.

Game Ball
Rashard Mendenhall rushed for 83 yards on 13 carries which included 2 touchdowns.

The Pittsburgh Steelers travelled to LP Field to face off against a Titan side who had the #3 defence and the #4 offense, Pittsburgh entered with the #3 offense.

The Steelers got off to a fast start after Rashard Mendenhall plowed into the endzone putting them up 7-0 but they still wasn't satisfied as the next series Ben Roethlisberger connected with Mike Wallace on a 85 yard touchdown pass.

The Steelers benched Ben Roethlisberger and Ryan Fitzpatrick replaced him, soon afterwards David Gerrard ran in a 16 yard touchdown. But it all went quiet in the 3rd quarter and erupted in the 4th.

As the 4th quarter started David Gerrard connected with Kenny Britt on a 48 yard touchdown to bring life back into the Titans at 21-14, but the Steelers held the ball too long to give them enough opportunities to take the game to overtime as the Titans
again struck back but it was all too late as Lones Seiber sealed their fate.

Troy Polamalu suffered a upper arm fracture and will be sidelined for the Super Bowl, Rookie Bryan Evans will start.

Hines Ward celebrates as the Steelers go back to the Superbowl for the start of a new decade.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:58 AM   #28
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Conference Round Weekend Results

24-21

16-33

Last edited by supa_fly_steeler; 01-06-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:12 AM   #29
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Head to Head:The Pittsburgh Steelers lead 3-1 in he overall series.

After spending one season out of the playoffs the Super Bowl XLIII Champions are back in, Santonio Holmes is someone who when needed produces big, injuring his wrist in the Conference Championship late in the 4th there were doubts if he would be able to play, that would spell even more bad luck as Troy Polamalu has an arm fracture keeping him out of the #1 defence's lineup.

Given the green light and listed as Probable Santonio Holmes isn't wasting any time "Im gonna go out there and perform like a beast, I'm going to do my part, it's enivitable that were great, we need this one for seven trophies"

The Panthers beat the Super Bowl Stadium Hosts Dallas Cowboys after the Cowboys threw an interception and allowed a punt return for a touchdown to diminish their hopes of being the first to represent in their own stadium. The Steelers are predicted to win 19-13 through EA Madden's prediction who have predicted correct Super Bowl results.

"Were just going to go out their and perform, all i can say" - Ben Roethlisberger
Old 01-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #30
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Super Bowl XLV - Game Report

7:30 PM ET, February 8, 2011
Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, TX
FOX

Carolina Panthers (10-6) at Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)

Pittsburgh win epic battle against Panthers

Ben Roethlisberger was awarded Super Bowl XLV MVP

Game Photos
Ben Roethlisberger pumps up the team before the gam
Mike Wallace goes deep for the touchdown
Lawrence Timmons intercepts the ball
William Gay intercepts a pass early in the 1st quarter
Steve Smith celebrates his 60 yard touchdown

List of Inactives
N.Diggs, D.Dixon, K.Lewis, J.McCown, T.Polamalu

Box Score
- 00 - 00 - 07 - 07- 14

- 03 - 03 - 14 - 03- 23

PITTSBURGH, PA —

It was over when...
Leading by 6 with 16 seconds left Lone Seiber hit a 39 yard field goal to put the Steelers up 23-14.

Game Ball
Ben Roethlisberger has finally won the big one, He completed 23 of 31 passes for 303 yards and a touchdown.

The Game started with three and out's for both teams. In what was much of a defensive redzone battle for the first two periods, Ben Roethlisberger drove his team down the field to settle for a 22 yard field goal.

The Panthers threw an interception to William Gay where the Steelers took advantage and drove down the field 66 yards to again settle for a field goal. The Steelers were 6-0 against the Panthers at the stage.

The Panthers shortly before halftime drove deep down into the Steelers endzone only for Lawrence Timmons to intercept Bradie Coyle and return it 28 yards.

The Panthers started Weakly during the 3rd quarter fumbling a punt and letting the Steelers recover it. Rashard Mendenhall capatilised on a weak Panthers run defence and ran 10 yards into the endzone putting the Steelers further ahead at 13-0.

It didn't get much better as Charles Godfrey was sidelined for the game with an injury moments later Ben Roethlisberger went deep 47 yards to Mike Wallace to put the Steelers up 20-0. It look all and over for the Panthers but Steve Smith gathered in a 60 yard touchdown to put life back into the Panthers.

Midway through the 4th the Steelers let their gard down late as Gettis gathered in a 35 yard pass, later setting up a 6 yard touchdown pass to put them back into the game at 20-14.

With just 1:21 seconds left the Steelers recovered the onside kick and led Lones Seiber to wrap up the game with 16 seconds left.

The Super Bowl was good, but not great.

Pittsburgh Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin in his first 4 season as a NFL Head Coach has claimed 2 Super Bowl victories.