Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 09:27 PM   #9901
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Penguins Orpik "Day to Day"

Sunday, 01.10.2010 / 3:58 PM / Features By Sam Kasan ST. PAUL, Minnesota --

Pittsburgh held an optional practice at Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota on Sunday. One player who did not participate was defenseman Brooks Orpik, who left the team’s 4-1 victory at Toronto on Saturday night with an undisclosed injury in the first period after playing only 2:57.

Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma updated the media on Orpik’s condition after their Sunday practice.

“We are treating it day-to-day,” Bylsma said. “Right now we’re not real optimistic that it’s tomorrow. He is better than we hoped from this morning. It’s a good sign. We’re treating it day by day.”
Good news on Orpik - doesn't look like he will miss much time.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:32 PM   #9902
Shea
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post
last night was probably the first game since early-November that I didn't catch via stream, and I understand they won in convincing fashion:
maybe I should miss more games?

Hmmmmm.......

We might have to confiscate your computer - sorry 4x. Just consider it as taking one for the team!
Old 01-10-2010, 09:59 PM   #9903
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

And now, for your viewing pleasure, I present to you a little nostalgia straight out of the 1970s, courtesy of Russia's KHL. A brawl-filled game between Vityaz Chekhov and Avangard Omsk, which for those who don't know is the team that Jaromir Jagr plays for (and he was heavily involved too - look for #68 in white). Vityaz, BTW, is owned by former NHL player Alexei Zhamnov, and he is known for signing goons to play for his team - Chris Simon plays for them, in fact. This game had 3 line brawls, a bench-clearing brawl and a whopping 671 penalty minutes handed out...all within the first 4 minutes of the game! There were even a couple of fights in the pre-game warmup. The game had to be canceled because there weren't enough players left to finish. Enjoy!

[YOUTUBE]wacfZtY5uBk[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT: Link to pre-game warmup fights: http://rutube.ru/tracks/2805477.html...fd97f350558c1b
Old 01-10-2010, 11:07 PM   #9904
Shea
Head Coach

Oh boy.....

From the look on her face, I'm thinking Geno got a slap across the face after the camera's flash went off.

I've come across so many pics of Evgeni that shows me he is definitely the wild child of our team. Love him but he's gotta cool it with the inappropriate behaviour. For some reason he cracks me up though, but then again that wasn't my boobie.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:13 AM   #9905
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
Hmmmmm.......

We might have to confiscate your computer - sorry 4x. Just consider it as taking one for the team!
my old computer had problems, and I couldn't-even listen to Penguin games here in Florida, so when I returned after my Dad's funeral in SW Taxylvania the day-after Bylsma was hired, I bought this one, and began listening:
as you know, the Guins finished 18-3-4, then won the Cup

In November '09, I figured-out how to watch streams on-line, at the time the team took many injuries, and began playing poorly after their amazing start, and they have struggled since:
I may go-back to listening instead
Old 01-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #9906
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Oh boy.....

From the look on her face, I'm thinking Geno got a slap across the face after the camera's flash went off.

I've come across so many pics of Evgeni that shows me he is definitely the wild child of our team. Love him but he's gotta cool it with the inappropriate behaviour. For some reason he cracks me up though, but then again that wasn't my boobie.
He's a 23 year old guy. What would you expect, a church mouse? Many of us had a bit of "wild child" in them at that age, including me. So long as he isn't causing any problems or getting himself into trouble, I don't care what he does on his own time.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #9907
Shea
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post
my old computer had problems, and I couldn't-even listen to Penguin games here in Florida, so when I returned after my Dad's funeral in SW Taxylvania the day-after Bylsma was hired, I bought this one, and began listening:
as you know, the Guins finished 18-3-4, then won the Cup

In November '09, I figured-out how to watch streams on-line, at the time the team took many injuries, and began playing poorly after their amazing start, and they have struggled since:
I may go-back to listening instead
Why don't you treat yourself by purchasing the hockey package so you can watch all the games on TV. I have it and I LOVE IT! This would settle the problem of you and your computer jinxing the team.

And sorry about the loss of your father.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #9908
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Another night, another game the Pens lose because they cannot score on the PP. It is absolutely amazing that they have not scored a 2-man advantage goal all season. Geno and Fleury have not played well at all over the past 3 weeks, and it's just killing the team right now. The only parts of their game that have been consistently good all season is the PK and Crosby.

This is becoming SO damn frustrating to watch, and neither Shero nor Mario have to be happy with the way things have gone. It might be time for a major shakeup - this team has become stagnant. I know they usually play their best hockey from February on, but it would be nice if they would stay consistent throughout the season rather than get off to hot starts and scramble finishes, with about 2 months of mediocre hockey in between.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #9909
Shea
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
He's a 23 year old guy. What would you expect, a church mouse? Many of us had a bit of "wild child" in them at that age, including me. So long as he isn't causing any problems or getting himself into trouble, I don't care what he does on his own time.
No, don't get me wrong. There's absolutely nothing wrong with going out and whooping it up. God knows I've personally enjoyed myself in the same manner.

My point was about the picture I posted and many others that I've seen with Geno and women that are sexual. If the women involved don't have a problem with it, then neither do I.

What I'm worried about is him getting into a situation that would result into a sexual harassment situation, or even worse a sexual assault charge much like Ben is currently dealing with. It just takes one instance, and one girl who is mentally unstable to bring on a boat load of trouble.

Other then that - party on Geno!
Old 01-12-2010, 05:47 AM   #9910
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Why don't you treat yourself by purchasing the hockey package so you can watch all the games on TV. I have it and I LOVE IT! This would settle the problem of you and your computer jinxing the team.
I currently have basic/extended cable via my local provider, and am not-sure if I should get digital-cable and whatever package they offer, or go with a satelitte:
I've never had either, so I simply don't know exactly 'what' is available

Fiancee rarely watches TV, and I'd only want a 'hockey-package', so it might be best to get heat into my garage (it was 49*f in recent days there) where my computer is, and stick with watching streams
Closed Thread