Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-10-2010, 11:55 PM   #81
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Welcome back ultimatebengal-I thought you guys left me all alone.The problem i had with the tna first show is that i can see how the nwo can be the poison pill for that company.I mean just putting over thier friends.They have had that rep from thier past doings in the wcw (which that gimmick killed that company).And then its very small run in the wwe.That was only done just to set up that first ever rock vs hogan wresltemania.But soon after that the whole nwo thing went away.Because it doesnt have the same interest in the long run as it does in the short run of the gimmick.I mean can you people who say you love the wwe realy say that whole "dx" gimmick isnt getting old.I mean seriously horn-whatever that little guys name is.I mean what a joke.And mcmahon knew if he kept the nwo gimmick going it would bring down the company like it did in the wcw.But i guess the numbers on "dx" must be alright to keep two old guys acting like teenages selling thier merchandise and now running around with a wrestler who doesnt wrestle.I hate the wwe as its the same old show after show.As they keep putting over the same people.I dont like the ric flair thing as again-same old same old.I mean have him as a manager than thats fine but as a wreslter.My grandpa is his age and we dont let him walk up and down the darn stairs.I HATE JEFF HARDY.Seriously how many chances does one guy deserve.Want to do drugs, fine go do them and we will give your spot for a guy who does'nt.I agree with the nasty boys and those others,as i dont see them as active wrestlers.Just hogan bringing in his friends.As those are the same guys that were part of the hulkamania tour,along with mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-kenndy.........wait for it.........kenndy.Man i hope he comes there as i love that gimmick.And i dont think the key is eric bishoff or hogan,its the main writer, the man that came up with the nwo and the things that made the wwf and wcw great and thats vince russo.Which will be interesting as kevin nash is the main booker for tna.If those two guys can work together should be interesting.But again as i said the key to success is they have to get out of the studio arena and do thier show weekly on the road.And they have to keep going head to head with them on monday nights live and cant be doing these taped thursday night shows.And i just had to say i loved seeing my man sean waltman being there.Man it was tough being able to let that cat out of the bag on here.As i knew he was going to be there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBengal View Post
I'm back! Got to go on vacation for a couple of weeks. I watched the TNA show on Monday. I had mixed reactions. I loved seeing the NWO in the ring again! But I'm not sure how or how often they will be used. I do think it has potential. The same with Rick Flair. If he's used properly, he'll be a huge asset to TNA. And I was siked to see the high flying phenom Jeff Hardy. Once his legal issues are resolved, this guy can carry TNA to another level. I just hope they don't use him in the X division. I want to see him against Angle, Styles, Samoa Joe! There were a few things that left me scratching my head. The Nasty Boys, Val Venis, and Orlando Jordan? Jordan brings nothing to the table that they need. Morley(venis) could be an asset as an agent/trainer, but I don't want to see him in the ring. And I definitely don't want to see a Nasty Boys-Team 3-D rivalry!!!

All in all, I enjoyed Monday. TNAs show was much better than Raw, IMO. McMahon has forgotten all about the wrestling aspect, something TNA has going for it! I think Hogan brings a ton of experience and knowledge to TNA. As far as Bischoff, I was surprised to see him involved on screen and backstage, since he was supposed to be involved in the business side. But Easy E is a mad genius, if he's kept in check!

Rob VanDam blogged during impact, and said that while he had no plans to re enter wrestling at the moment, he would be watching what happens with TNA and WWE. Ken Anderson(mr kennedy), Matt Hardy, and Shane Helms are rumored to be heading to TNA soon, and there is interest in Tommy Dreamer and Paul Heyman.

For all those who are sick of the joke WWE puts out every week, and miss the good ole days of WCW, TNA has at least offered us a glimmer of hope!!!
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:57 PM   #82
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Wow-sorry about the novel ultimatebengal-I did'nt realize i wrote so much.Man you get me talking wrestling and my geek is showing.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:09 AM   #83
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

SUPAFLY-Come on tna has better looking woman on thier show right now.I am tried of hearing the stacy talk on here.She was'nt even the best looking in the old wcw or the wwe.She has long legs big deal so does a stork.They don't need her.You should watch this girl named "velvet sky" or angelina love (who makes her return) THE BEATUIFUL PEOPLE.They are the best woman in the history of wrestling.And once you see them you will be saying-stacy who??????-just kidding about the ripping on stacy,i was trying to be funny.But in all seriousness.I doubt they would bring her in as tna likes thier woman to actually be able to have some wrestling ability.And she can not wrestle at all.I mean that might change with hogan.But thier "knockouts" (what they call thier woman in tna) are suppose to be more than a just pretty face, they are that and can wreslte.And in the wwe they call thier women divas,and thats what they are,as they don't ask thier woman to be wreslters.Just sell the sex and leave the men to wrestle.I mean melina would get her pretty butt kicked if she came to tna.Seriously supa fly check out velvet and tell me what you think about her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
if TNA gets stacy keibler to strip i'll watch.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:58 AM   #84
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Quote:
Stacy actually said she has interest in TNA, but hasn't heard from them! What the hell is up with that?
gimme her address ill... er talk to her about it.

Is TNA finally getting big im seeing adverts of them on my t.v.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:13 AM   #85
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Pro wrestler indicted on drug charges

CARTHAGE — A North Carolina jury has indicted a professional wrestler on several drug-related charges.

The Fayetteville Observer reported Saturday that a Moore County grand jury returned the indictments for drug trafficking and possession with intent to sell against Jeff Hardy on Jan. 4

Hardy was arrested in September at his Carthage home. Authorities say they found hundreds of Vicodin pills, anabolic steroids and powder cocaine.

Hardy was suspended by World Wrestling Entertainment in 2008 for a second violation of drug policy.

He was later reinstated, won the WWE’s world heavyweight championship belt last summer, then left the league after losing his title in August.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/car...rges-drug.html

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:15 PM   #86
UltimateBengal
Banned

Member Number: 15469

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
Wow-sorry about the novel ultimatebengal-I did'nt realize i wrote so much.Man you get me talking wrestling and my geek is showing.
No problem man. I can tell you're a hardcore wrestling fan! I love talking with people like you! Man, I started watching back in the Tommy Rich, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race days of the NWA. I hate seeing what the WWE has become, that's why I'm really pulling for TNA. You had a lot of great thoughts in your earlier post. The only thing I really disagree with you about is Jeff Hardy. I agree the guy has made some horrible choices, BUT, and it's a big but, if he can keep his nose clean, he can get over like no other wrestler today, especially with the 18-29 crowd. And I agree with about Kennedy. His name will probably be Mr Anderson in TNA according to what I've read, but the guy is a very good wrestler and has a lot of charisma. That's what TNA needs more of! I would also love to see Tony Schiavone back at the broadcast table. He was always my favorite and is a 3 time broadcaster of the year!
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:33 AM   #87
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

I will try to keep this one short.I guess we agree to disagree about jeff hardy.No harm in that as that's what is great about wreslting.We all have our favorites.I have never like jeff hardy,as all he has is being one to take a bump ,which does'nt embress me or new jack city would be world champ.Hardy brings nothing to the table like little ray what's his name in smackdown who the wwe keeps trying to put over.The fact is that they keep putting ray against the big guys like kane to put him over.Because they are smaller guys in the wwe he could wrestle.But they know that he would'nt go over if he wreslted someone his own size.And the only way he would go ver is to do that whole david vs goloeth gimmick,and come one its played out by now.And i guess i just don't have the humor it takes to appreciate the wwe anymore like horn-whatever and antics like that.See i grew up in the old awa days when wrestling was about the wrestlign and not the entertainment it is now.People go to hear them talk not to wrestle.Ok i guess i ied its not shorter-sorry.
Quote:
No problem man. I can tell you're a hardcore wrestling fan! I love talking with people like you! Man, I started watching back in the Tommy Rich, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race days of the NWA. I hate seeing what the WWE has become, that's why I'm really pulling for TNA. You had a lot of great thoughts in your earlier post. The only thing I really disagree with you about is Jeff Hardy. I agree the guy has made some horrible choices, BUT, and it's a big but, if he can keep his nose clean, he can get over like no other wrestler today, especially with the 18-29 crowd. And I agree with about Kennedy. His name will probably be Mr Anderson in TNA according to what I've read, but the guy is a very good wrestler and has a lot of charisma. That's what TNA needs more of! I would also love to see Tony Schiavone back at the broadcast table. He was always my favorite and is a 3 time broadcaster of the year!

Last edited by lambertlunaticfan; 01-12-2010 at 02:37 AM. Reason: TYPO
Old 01-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #88
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

I wathced both shows last Monday and TNA had better wrestling and overall was more exciting to watch. Only thing Raw had was the return of Bret Hart which to be honest was huge but not enough for me to keep watching. TNA brought out the big guns with Jeff Hardy and The Nature Boy Ric Flair. The "NWO" angle is gonna be short as Hall and Waltman are both on monthly contracts and are easy to get rid of. The one thing that got my attenton was when Jeff Jarrett came out to talk and Hogan interrupted him. There is gonna be a great angle right there in the next few months. Plus throw in Mick Foley and its gonna be interesting. I would love to see Mr. Kennedy show up as he was screwed over by the WWE. Hardy vs Styles for the TNA Title is the match alot of people are expecting come end of the spring time. I watched 5 minutes of Raw last night and its the same garbage every week.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:30 AM   #89
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

KEISELPOWER-I agree with you that wwe is the same old same old.But as i have said to COMPETE with the wwe,that tna has to do these things.Forget about that stubid octogon ring and go back to how it was when tna first started.Alot of pople don't know but tna when it first started used a normal ring.It was also a weekly ppv show and not on free or cable tv as it is now.But the most important things i think they have to do is.They have to have thier show live (its taped now) and they HAVE to have it on the same night as the wwe.And also and most important,they have to do thiers as the wwe does thiers and that's on the road a new place every week.But the problem is that tna does'nt have th bank that vince at the wwe does.So for that reason only i don't see them drawing much viewers away from the wwe.You can have the best talent and the best story lines and angles but if you not traveling to the poeple to see it live on your tv show than you can not compete with a company that is.And as for your comment about sean waltman,i am not sure what web site you got that information from about his contract with them.And for all you jeff hardy lovers,you do realize that he used to be on tna before,so its not new or anything for him to be on there.As most if not all including hogan has been on tna before.And as his recent legal troubles have shown you guys might need to find someone else to love besides him.As i think his wrestling days are over.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:41 AM   #90
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

Damn I must be old I hear pro wrestling and I think of Terry Funk, Dirty Dick Slader, Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer, Dusty Rhodes, Super Star Bill Dundee, The Midnight Express, The Road Warriors, The Minnisota Wrecking crew Ole and Arn Anderson. Magnum T A.....................the list could go on and on.....................

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote