Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-18-2006, 01:50 AM   #11
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: eric moulds vs. randel el

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
1st hes gotta be cut by the bills. i dont have a link or nothing to quote but football instinct tells me the patriots will be licking their chops at the prospects of signing this guy on the cheap and so will alot of other teams. im sure it is an option the steelers will explore just like they kept an open mind about ty law last year. (and remember ty law had some issues with him so people shouldnt think 1 little blow up by moulds in buffalo will prevent the steelers from giving him a look)
No quote?

No Link?

Why I shouldn't even waste my valuable time reading this......

The Pats have some issues at WR - free agency departures being the main problem - im hoping Givens will have a long hard look at what happened to the other Pats who went to lesser teams for the dollar and see what became of them.

Damien Woody - Detriot Lions
Lawyer Milloy - Buffalo Bills
Ty Law - NY Jets

All well paid - all probably never going to see the playoffs again barring another move.

I think its fair to say that the Pats and Steelers will be looking at similar player pools for free agency signings.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 08:06 AM   #12
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Eric Moulds would be a great catch, but not the same as El, but he would be a better WR
Old 02-18-2006, 04:17 PM   #13
Long Island Steel
Water Boy

Member Number: 1960

If you lined up Moulds opposite Ward it would cause a lot of trouble for opposing defenses.

Plus, you'd be able to slide Ward into the position that El took on the gadget plays.

If he really was cheap, it'd be a great pickup.
Long Island Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:24 PM   #14
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Island Steel

Plus, you'd be able to slide Ward into the position that El took on the gadget plays.
THANK YOU! Why has it taken so long for someone to remember that Ward played QB in college, too? We lose nothing by moving another guy who can't throw a football into the #2 spot, since we always have a #1 who can.

Eric Moulds can still play a bit, but bear in mind that he'd be a temporary fix. I'd rather rebuild and win at the same time. I'm pulling for Martin Nance in Rd 2.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:35 PM   #15
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,204 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
THANK YOU! Why has it taken so long for someone to remember that Ward played QB in college, too? We lose nothing by moving another guy who can't throw a football into the #2 spot, since we always have a #1 who can.

Eric Moulds can still play a bit, but bear in mind that he'd be a temporary fix. I'd rather rebuild and win at the same time. I'm pulling for Martin Nance in Rd 2.
im thinking the steelers will offer el a contract a lille jucier than what c. wilson got last year with a bigger signing bonus. im thinking el will be looking for atleast 4 mil./ year. im also thinking theres a remote chance that someone like moulds, who has already had their multi million dollar contract, would be willing to take a 1 year deal for about 2-2.5 mil. to get a ring. something el already has. m. nance would still be a great pick. he could be groomed for a year to study under moulds and ward and not be thrust so quick into 2nd receiver duties, but like polamalu be ready to assume that role their sophmore year. all this on a 4- 5 year rookie contract.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:44 PM   #16
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I agree with needing a long term player, but we are great now, we need players now
Old 02-18-2006, 06:39 PM   #17
Need4spd
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1707

If the Steelers pay El four million dollars PER year to keep him, I'd like to see everyone in the Steelers front office drug tested and I'd also like to have some of what they're on because I would have to assume that it's some pretty good shit. No seriously, that would be absolutely ludicrous to pay a guy like Randel El that much money. Now don't get me wrong, I like El, I like what he brings to the Steelers offense, I really do, but seriously guys, he's not even a legitimate #2 receiver. He's a solid #3 receiver who granted does bring an added dimension to an offense, but I'm sorry folks, it ain't worth that much dough. I know it's easy to get caught up in the gadget plays and all that jazz, but to pay a guy like El four million a year would be salary cap suicide. This is one of those situations where a guy put on a good show at the right time heading into free agency, and another team who feels like they're weak at that position will be willing to over-pay for him because they think he might be able to help get them to the next level. The Steelers are prudent when it comes to money though, and they'll play this thing smart when it comes right down to it.
"The nature of a man who has a competitive spirit will be to inevitably live a life which involves that man overcoming obstacles. But the sport of football is too physically and emotionally difficult to play simply for money or success. Personally, I have been inspired by God."

- Troy Polamalu, Media Day at Super Bowl XL
Need4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 06:51 PM   #18
Need4spd
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1707

After all that, I forgot to leave my .02 cents about Moulds. I think with a QB like "The Berger" throwing to him, he can be a very good receiver. I'm not going to go so far as to say great, especially not at this stage of his career, but he's darn good. The Steelers would basically have two legitimate #1 receivers heading into next year. Just sitting here and considering the possibilities with that kind of a duo at receiver is pretty exciting stuff. Not only would it add another obvious threat in the passing game, it would free up Willie in the running game as well by forcing defenses to respect the pass more.

All that being said, I would be real surprised if Moulds ended up coming to Pittsburgh.
"The nature of a man who has a competitive spirit will be to inevitably live a life which involves that man overcoming obstacles. But the sport of football is too physically and emotionally difficult to play simply for money or success. Personally, I have been inspired by God."

- Troy Polamalu, Media Day at Super Bowl XL
Need4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:27 PM   #19
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

Moulds isn't washed up. It was the constant QB merry go round in Buffalo that really hurt him this year. So if the Steelers do take a chance on him, (I doubt it though), it wouldn't be a bad gamble.
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote