Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-18-2010, 08:16 PM   #111
UltimateBengal
Banned

Member Number: 15469
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
I know for a fact that waltman is serious about being a active part of tna.And i know that he is commited to doing it.But hall is another story as he has those demons.I mean tna signed him because of nash being the booker for it.And he wanted hall so they let him bring him in a couple of years ago.And hall no showed a pay per view and nash said he was done with him.So i was surprised that nash and bischoff would give him yet another chance.He better not mess it up as that might be it for him.And i agree with you as i also think if done the right way the nwo can help tna beat the wwe.And by the way as you seem to know more than i do about this kind of insight into the inner workings of wreslting.Does the wwe own val venus,and if they do does that mean they also own his catch phrases.I thought it was strange that he said instead of his usually "hello ladies".He said something stubid like "ladies i am here"i don't know as i could'nt stop laughing by it.I know some wreslter buy thier names from the wwe or had partnership in them and were able to keep them.But people like val venus and mr kennedy must not have been able to take thier names with them.So does that mean that mr kennedy cant do his-mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....kenndy........kennedy.Be cause that was the best part of him.Yeah hopefully spike wants to also compete with usa.And get some balls as that was the problem with wcw,tnt did not want to lock horns with vince and wwe.I am happy to read you agree with me on the ring,but unlike you,i never liked it.As i never saw the point of it.We want to be different.Its still wrestling,thats like if the usfl would have played football on a circle field.
Lambertlunaticfan-I agree with everything you said about the NWO. And I was disappointed that Hall didn't wrestle. But reports are that he want to get in a little better shape first, which I'm cool with. I don't want him to embarrass himself. Overall I was a little disappointed with Genesis. The "superstar" debut wasn't much of a surprise because of the loose lipped Bubba the love sponge. Mr. Anderson looked a little rusty, but it hard to have a great wrestling match with Abyss! Hopefully Against All Odds will be better, as they will have another month to develop storylines.

About Sean Morley, not only does Vince own the name Val Venus, but he also owns the phrase Hello Ladies! I wish they hadn't brought him in at all. He doesn't bring anything to the table. Kennedy can use the name Mr Kennedy or Ken Kennedy because he used them before WWE. But, on his Twitter, he said he decided to use Mr Anderson because he liked the way it sounded, drawing on a Matrix reference.
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #112
UltimateBengal
Banned

Quote:
Yeah i know that the awa and nwa were two seperate companies.And vince actually owns all the wcw and ecw and awa video vault.Thats why he comes out with those stubid dvds of them.But because the stories are told by people still under vince they can not really tell the stories.Like the ecw one was not really the insight that behind the mat gave us about vince and the way he is.And i could pick better matches than the ones they have on any of thier dvds like that.But i want to thank you for the details of this as i was not aware of most of this.On what wreslting became what and when.All i know is awa just kind of went away and went right into the wwf.I am not aware that the awa did a final show like wcw did.I think that the indy cards are kind of like the awa you are talking about.They should just put them all together and form that.But of course they can not call it that as vince owns the rights to the awa and ecw and wcw.And would'nt it be a shock if he buys tna.Don't think for a second he would'nt.I bet alot of people were shocked when they first heard he bought wcw.I know i was and was not happy about it.As i said i loved in the end how the wcw was going.
The only way Vince could buy TNA is if Bob Carter decides to sell, which hopefully never happens. Carter is a billionaire and TNA is his daughters baby, so hopefully it will never happen. When TimeWarner bought out Ted Turner, I knew bad things were coming. TimeWarner only cares about the bottom line, not the wrestling industry. Bischoff came very, very close to buying WCW then as a part of Fusient Media. But, TNT would not commit to a new TV deal, and along the greedy bastard Vince. Man, I hate what he has done to the industry!!! Great taling rasslin with ya man!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #113
UltimateBengal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Just so you know, Ultimate Bengal isn't the only one at the table. I just haven't had a chance to catch up on TNA to speak about it. I'm still following the conversation.

UB, thanks for the throwback history lesson on the AWA and NWA. I definitely didn't have that much background on the two. I just remember watching what was Georgia Championship Wrestling for the longest time. I would definitely call them the pioneers of some of the matches we see today. I remember a few barbed wire fence matches and few others that put extreme on the map.
No problem Truck. Me, Lambertlunatifan, you, and Kieselpower ARE the roundtable I think!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:15 PM   #114
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642

STLRTRUCK-I know that your at the table but me and "ULTIMATE" have always been at it.If you would just sit down and not keep getting up away from it i would have included you.Now i am just playing with you,just kidding,a joke.I was just giving you a hard time-sorry i missed on the joke.It's tough on a forum to express when you are joking.Noone gets my humor in person either so thats alright.Anyway,i am glad you are at the table with me and "the ultimate".And have either of you guys ever watched the movie "the wreslter"if notyou have to watch that,as it's really good.And not just cause melissa tomia is naked.But it's a great insight to wrestling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Just so you know, Ultimate Bengal isn't the only one at the table. I just haven't had a chance to catch up on TNA to speak about it. I'm still following the conversation.

UB, thanks for the throwback history lesson on the AWA and NWA. I definitely didn't have that much background on the two. I just remember watching what was Georgia Championship Wrestling for the longest time. I would definitely call them the pioneers of some of the matches we see today. I remember a few barbed wire fence matches and few others that put extreme on the map.
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:21 PM   #115
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

ULTIMATEBENGAL-Well please get "kieselpower" to sit at the darn table then.As i would love to hear what they think about things.Come on kieselpower sit back down and share.I mean the more the better.I think ultimate and truck are going to get tired of just hearing from me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBengal View Post
No problem Truck. Me, Lambertlunatifan, you, and Kieselpower ARE the roundtable I think!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:24 PM   #116
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Quote:
Hope you dont mind if I chime in occasionally. Unfortunately I dont watch much anymore. I am still kinda stuck in the 90's.

I spend all day at work dealing with Gen Y and I am tired of watching Gen Y wrestling stories. John Cena and his hand wave does nothing for me.

Give me a Perry Saturn Death Valley Driver anyday of the week. ( interesting read about the tragic end to his career - just google him if interested)
Old 01-18-2010, 10:37 PM   #117
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Wow,i really did not mean to upset people by making that comment to "ultimate".I said it joking,come on people.Aussie-anytime you want to chime in i would love to hear from you.You certainley do not need my permission.I am sorry i said that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
Hope you dont mind if I chime in occasionally. Unfortunately I dont watch much anymore. I am still kinda stuck in the 90's.

I spend all day at work dealing with Gen Y and I am tired of watching Gen Y wrestling stories. John Cena and his hand wave does nothing for me.

Give me a Perry Saturn Death Valley Driver anyday of the week. ( interesting read about the tragic end to his career - just google him if interested)
Old 01-18-2010, 10:43 PM   #118
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

ultimatebengal-Did you read my post about what i thought of the ppv.Unlike you i was not that dissapointed.I thought it was better than the other tna ppv's i have seen.But then that could be because it's new.I forgot to mention,did'nt vince say something about that the nwo would never be seen on a wreslting program again.Remember in 2007 when hall no-showed that ppv and then the tape was shown of hogan and hall watching the ppv at thier hotel.I guess people at tna forgot about that.They have the clip on youtube if you never saw it.And speaking of it,if you want to see the most extreme thing (at least the most extreme i have seen in wrestling) go on there and type in -xpw-new jack vs vic grimes.It's amazing.
Quote:
Lambertlunaticfan-I agree with everything you said about the NWO. And I was disappointed that Hall didn't wrestle. But reports are that he want to get in a little better shape first, which I'm cool with. I don't want him to embarrass himself. Overall I was a little disappointed with Genesis. The "superstar" debut wasn't much of a surprise because of the loose lipped Bubba the love sponge. Mr. Anderson looked a little rusty, but it hard to have a great wrestling match with Abyss! Hopefully Against All Odds will be better, as they will have another month to develop storylines.

About Sean Morley, not only does Vince own the name Val Venus, but he also owns the phrase Hello Ladies! I wish they hadn't brought him in at all. He doesn't bring anything to the table. Kennedy can use the name Mr Kennedy or Ken Kennedy because he used them before WWE. But, on his Twitter, he said he decided to use Mr Anderson because he liked the way it sounded, drawing on a Matrix reference.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #119
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

ultimatebengal-I know you saw the tna ppv so i thought i would ask you as truck did not say he watched it.But in my post reviewing the ppv i asked if that hall fan fight was work or real.Do you know????
Old 01-18-2010, 11:09 PM   #120
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Quote:
Wow,i really did not mean to upset people by making that comment to "ultimate".I said it joking,come on people.Aussie-anytime you want to chime in i would love to hear from you.You certainley do not need my permission.I am sorry i said that.
Sorry mate - my intent was lost in the translation. ( Chime in means that I wont be around much but i might try to drop by occasionally.)

You didnt upset me at all. I wasnt seeking permission, I was just showing that I enjoy the round table and that a few more people should come out of the closet and confess their wrestling allegiances.

I have been enjoying the dialouge between you guys. I never really got a chance to see original NWA or AWA. I got my fix by saving my money and buying the Pro Wrestling Illustrated magazines to see the progress that was being made in the other federations. PPV's were a non event out here. We had to wait 6 months for the videos to make it to a video store. Therefore the depth of my knowledge is limited

All we got served in my teens ( 80's) was WWF and it was very generic and predictable. When we finally got WCW wrestling finally improved for me.

I once taught a child with Aspergers Autism and he could recall every WWE match of the Undertaker era. Any show, any card, any wrestler.........he was good fun to teach as every classroom analogy I used had to relate to a wrestler, a match or an angle.
He was 14 years old when his world came crashing down on him. He finally came across the term KAYFABE and upon loads more reading and net surfing he discovered what truly happened in wrestling. He was shattered. But he quickly related his new discovery to his similar views on the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. What harm would it really do if he continued to believe ..... just a little ( when he needed to)

Keep up the great dialouge guys.............i love reading it.