Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #10101
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Good Night Philly.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
Old 01-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #10102
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Pens get a rare win in an afternoon tilt, but man, the officiating today was absolutely BRUTAL. One of the worst I've seen this season. Hartnell gets a penalty when it was clear as day that Orpik pushed him into Johnson, the phantom slash on Sid, the disallowed goal, Richards getting called for high-sticking when he had his stick knocked out of his hands, Sid getting hit from behind into the boards and no call, Letang somehow getting an extra penalty for fighting Powe after his hit on GoGo...just awful. I think there may have been 2 or 3 legitimate minors all day. But regardless, I will certainly take the 2 points, the season sweep in Philthy and the season series win over the Great Pumpkins.

Last edited by X-Terminator; 01-24-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #10103
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Looks like Matt Cooke was at it again:

Quote:
"There was a scrum, I grabbed him. There were two guys on Harts and my glove got tangled in his mouth and he bit me, so I lost it.
It’s not bad, but he’s a gutless guy. I have no respect for him at all. I lined up against him and asked him to fight and he didn’t want to. If you go and bite someone … I just have no use for him.
He does his job well. He’s an agitator. He’s garbage to me and I have no respect for him at all.
You should have a little more honor than that. Usually if you bite somebody you stick up for yourself and you fight the guy. Not this guy, he’s chicken and I have no respect for him. He plays the game hard and I respect him for that, but he yaps, he’s a dirty player. At least a guy like (Sean) Avery fights. This guy is just chicken (bleep) and I hate him.
It would have been better if he dropped the gloves with me, but he’s got no stones."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...medium=twitter

What, Cooke bite someone in a scrum? Surely you jest!

This is just another reason why I do not like Cooke and have never liked him. That was a total ass move, and to then not answer the bell when Asham challenges him makes him look even worse. He's no better then Ronald McHartnell as far as I'm concerned, and wouldn't complain at all if he went somewhere else next year.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #10104
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Looks like Matt Cooke was at it again:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...medium=twitter

What, Cooke bite someone in a scrum? Surely you jest!

This is just another reason why I do not like Cooke and have never liked him. That was a total ass move, and to then not answer the bell when Asham challenges him makes him look even worse. He's no better then Ronald McHartnell as far as I'm concerned, and wouldn't complain at all if he went somewhere else next year.
I like Cooke on that third line he does contribute and score his 3rd line amount of goals in the season which is fine. You can't expect him to fight, sadly that is just not "him." He is the agitator who just goes out there hits a few people and talks smack; believe it or not it works and is something this team needs every game.

Agreed it is sad he does not fight ever and seems to just take costly penalties when it is not need, but I guess it's the chance the Pens took with him and they seem to want to stick with it.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:30 PM   #10105
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
I like Cooke on that third line he does contribute and score his 3rd line amount of goals in the season which is fine. You can't expect him to fight, sadly that is just not "him." He is the agitator who just goes out there hits a few people and talks smack; believe it or not it works and is something this team needs every game.

Agreed it is sad he does not fight ever and seems to just take costly penalties when it is not need, but I guess it's the chance the Pens took with him and they seem to want to stick with it.
I don't expect Cooke to fight all the time, but when he pulls shit like this, I damn well expect him to fight when he's challenged. If it was a one-time thing I could forgive it, but this guy has been doing this crap his entire career. At least guys like Ruutu, Avery and Darcy Tucker, as much as I can't stand the last two, will man up and back up their antics. Getting Cooke to take off his skirt and drop his gloves is like asking Tiger Woods to keep his hands off other women. It ain't going to happen very often. I respect that he hits and can chip in some goals, but he has no honor, and I can't respect that.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #10106
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
I don't expect Cooke to fight all the time, but when he pulls shit like this, I damn well expect him to fight when he's challenged. If it was a one-time thing I could forgive it, but this guy has been doing this crap his entire career. At least guys like Ruutu, Avery and Darcy Tucker, as much as I can't stand the last two, will man up and back up their antics. Getting Cooke to take off his skirt and drop his gloves is like asking Tiger Woods to keep his hands off other women. It ain't going to happen very often. I respect that he hits and can chip in some goals, but he has no honor, and I can't respect that.
I probably give him love and credit for his work because im a homer and he is a Pen so it's hard to hate, but i do agree. I was slightly embarrassed when the announcers where saying how we was backing down from the fight because he is such an agitator and you expect him to drop the gloves and back up his talk. Biggest negative of Cooke agreed, but it's because when he does fight, sorry to say he usually gets whooped.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:15 AM   #10107
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post

Agreed. I'm with you - I like Cookie and am happy he is wearing a Pens uniform. The guy plays hard every shift and hits everything that moves, has some decent offensive talent, plus plays the agitator very well (though not quite as good as Ruutu). I hope the Pens keep him around for a long time. That being said, however, biting an opponent just isn't cool.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 01-25-2010, 08:57 AM   #10108
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Agreed. I'm with you - I like Cookie and am happy he is wearing a Pens uniform. The guy plays hard every shift and hits everything that moves, has some decent offensive talent, plus plays the agitator very well (though not quite as good as Ruutu). I hope the Pens keep him around for a long time. That being said, however, biting an opponent just isn't cool.
Agreed. He is that grit and toughness this team needs and its a psychological battle every game with him and that's his job, to get into players heads and force penalties and what not. Of course he doesn't always make the right move and taking penalties is common with him, but it's worth it and the Pens are better with him around.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:13 AM   #10109
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Wooo Pens play again tonight at the big Madison Square G. against the Rangers who have been beat down pretty good their final two games, so look for this to be a good game and remember the home team always seems to win out in this series against these two.
King Henry is an excellent goaltender and gives our Pens struggles game in and game out.
Grr. It's on Versus tonight, so ill be looking for a good feed or radio works.
Go Pens!
Old 01-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #10110
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

And of course, because the Hockey Gods apparently hate the Pens, both Guerin and Goligoski will not play tonight. And if Talbot is unable to go, the Pens will have to call someone up from WBS to fill in for him, likely Luca Caputi. It also means that unfortunately Martin Skoula will have to step in and play in GoGo's spot. Just great. You know, this stopped being funny a long time ago.

At least Flower will be back, and he will probably have to stand on his head in order to give the Pens a chance to win.