Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #10111
SteelCityMom

Member Number:
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
And of course, because the Hockey Gods apparently hate the Pens, both Guerin and Goligoski will not play tonight. And if Talbot is unable to go, the Pens will have to call someone up from WBS to fill in for him, likely Luca Caputi. It also means that unfortunately Martin Skoula will have to step in and play in GoGo's spot. Just great. You know, this stopped being funny a long time ago.

At least Flower will be back, and he will probably have to stand on his head in order to give the Pens a chance to win.
That sucks...though I do like Caputi a lot though, and Johnson has been a decent fill in for Kunitz. Skoula makes me a little nervous, but he's had his bright spots this season and Gogo has been a little shaky on D...so it's kind of a wash in my eyes.

Should be a good game tonight though and Fleury with fresh legs will help tonight a lot. Hopefully the rest of the team isn't too gassed tonight to bring it against the Rags.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #10112
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Chris Conner, and not Luca Caputi, has been recalled from WBS. That surprised me, until I read about his huge game Saturday:

Quote:
The Pittsburgh Penguins have recalled forward Chris Conner from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League, it was announced by executive vice president and general manager Ray Shero.

Conner, 26, previously spent six games with the Penguins from Oct. 30 – Nov. 12. He recorded one assist and had seven shots on goal while averaging 9:06 minutes of ice time.

Conner (5-foot-8, 180 pounds) appeared in 24 games with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton this season and ranks fifth on the club with 22 points (7G-15A). He tied a WBS franchise record with five points (2G-3A) in Saturday’s 6-3 victory over the Syracuse Crunch.

Conner spent three-plus seasons with the Dallas Stars organization prior to signing with Pittsburgh over the summer. In 71 games with the Stars he recorded 21 points (7G-14A).
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=514930
Old 01-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #10113
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Also, I keep meaning to post some of these when they are uploaded...but GhostWalker40 has been uploading the Inside Penguins Hockey shows (among many other cool Pens tidbit pieces). The latest one is Malkin and Talbot. For anyone who doesn't catch them on FSN, they are pretty cool.

(part 1)
(part 2)

Definitely scroll through some of his vids though, they are great. And subscribe if you're an avid Youtube user!

Old 01-25-2010, 01:05 PM   #10114
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

It really is a shame the hockey gods are against the Pens this season. Very frustrated we cannot have a healthy game and when all is going well players go down without even knowing they do. Guerin and GoGo what's up with them all of a sudden? Kunitz still recovering from surgery, ehh it gets no harder!
Agreed at least Fluery will be back, but I hope he does not have too much rust because Johnson was a wall in front of the net, but time to bring our starter back and get his game back to peak performance.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #10115
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
It really is a shame the hockey gods are against the Pens this season. Very frustrated we cannot have a healthy game and when all is going well players go down without even knowing they do. Guerin and GoGo what's up with them all of a sudden? Kunitz still recovering from surgery, ehh it gets no harder!
Agreed at least Fluery will be back, but I hope he does not have too much rust because Johnson was a wall in front of the net, but time to bring our starter back and get his game back to peak performance.
Guerin I'm not real sure about...could be his foot acting up again. GoGo was injured yesterday on that hit by Darroll Powe, but played the rest of the game. Hopefully both will be good to go on Thursday night.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #10116
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
Also, I keep meaning to post some of these when they are uploaded...but GhostWalker40 has been uploading the Inside Penguins Hockey shows (among many other cool Pens tidbit pieces). The latest one is Malkin and Talbot. For anyone who doesn't catch them on FSN, they are pretty cool.

(part 1)
(part 2)

Definitely scroll through some of his vids though, they are great. And subscribe if you're an avid Youtube user!
Yes I love these, thank you so much! Please post all episode's I will be watching for sure!
Old 01-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #10117
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Guerin I'm not real sure about...could be his foot acting up again. GoGo was injured yesterday on that hit by Darroll Powe, but played the rest of the game. Hopefully both will be good to go on Thursday night.
Ah alright thank you. Yes lets hope they can be healthy for the next game. Im not a real big Skoula fan, but he has filled the "back-up" roll just fine. That defense is already struggling enough and at least GoGo brings that offense mentality to the ice.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:56 PM   #10118
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

BTW, as expected, Cooke has denied biting Asham and basically shifted all of the blame onto him. Sorry Matt, but I'm going to have to call on this one. With your reputation for being...a rat, since I can't say what I'm thinking...I'm certainly not going to take your side in this. I've watched Asham play for a long time, and I doubt he'd lose it like that if something didn't happen.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:19 PM   #10119
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

And...Conner starts out wonderfully! Taking a Crosby pass and scoring his first NHL goal. Good for him and good for the team to take the lead early.

GO PENS!!!

Old 01-25-2010, 06:21 PM   #10120
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
Yes I love these, thank you so much! Please post all episode's I will be watching for sure!
I will surely post all the ones I can find...though I think I'll make a new thread for it so their easier to find and keep track of.

Closed Thread