Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325
Default CB Kile Wilson or CB Brandon Ghee in the 2nd/3rd Round

I don't believe the Steelers will go CB in the first round unless Hayden falls a bit and the Steelers trade up for him....Hayden falling is highly unlikely....Another reason I don't believe that they will go CB in the 1st is that they already have two guys that they drafted last year(Keenan Lewis-3rd round & Burnett-5th)....These two guys have already had a year's experience w/ the Steelers defensive playbook...So I expect them to contribute next season....As for William Gay, I wish he steps it up next year because if he doesn't he will be demoted(hopefully) and possibly cut....I was really embarrassed to have Gay as a Steelers CB last year(Especially on the play where Adrian Peterson trucked the HELL out of him!!!!)....Gay looked scared and if you want to be called a Steelers defensive player then you better go BALLS OUT no matter who's in front of you....Shoot if he would of tried to tackle him instead of hesitating on that play I wouldn't of cared as much and he wouldn't of looked as much of a B*tch on that play but he was SCARED!!!....all this is from my point of view....But anyways I hope Gay the best and I hope he plays like he did when we won the SB.....

For these reason I honestly think these two guys should be considered in either round 2(Ghee/Wilson) or round 3(Wilson)....I wouldn't mind Patrick Robinson either...but I think these would be the more realistic picks in either of those two rounds.....

CB Kile Wilson 5'10" 190lbs Boise State 2nd/3rd Round
I've been hearing a lot of good things from him so far during the Senior Bowl Practices when he's been out there @ CB...A bit short but he is a Very athletic CB and pretty physical as well...He looks to be the shut down CB we've been coveting alongside Taylor....He also can returns kicks..The way I see it...his stock can only rise @ this point...I hope it doesn't because I think he would be a great addition for us in either Round 2 or 3....

CB Brandon Ghee 5'11" 189lbs Wake Forrest 2nd

This guy also intrigues me because they hardly throw his way @ Wake Forrest but when they do he most of the time makes the opposing teams pay...His stats aren't eye popping simply because the other teams avoid him....He also seems to be that "lock down" down CB that the Steelers can get in the 2nd round to play alongside Taylor....

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HCmcOSXs8Jc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HCmcOSXs8Jc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I know that there is a lot more talent in other positions besides CB in the 2nd round....So the Steelers might go other positions...Well let me know what CB you would like the Steelers to draft in the earlier or later rounds.(Please be REALISTIC about it)....I know a lot of people are going to say Hayden but he would most likely be gone by even the 10th pick!!!!!....
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15823
Default Re: CB Kile Wilson or CB Brandon Ghee in the 2nd/3rd Round

Ghee was not looked good this week at practice. He's a tough, physical corner, but his coverage skills have been weak. Bad footwork, too much separation, etc. In the third, I'd still take him because he fots the mold, but there are better cover corners out there.

Kyle Wilson, on the other hand, looks great. He's fast, he's good keeping with receivers at the cut, and he makes plays. Scouts around me yesterday and today were raving about him. He'd be a great pick in the third if he falls, but from what I'm hearing, he'll go late second.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:14 AM   #3
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonslow View Post
Ghee was not looked good this week at practice. He's a tough, physical corner, but his coverage skills have been weak. Bad footwork, too much separation, etc. In the third, I'd still take him because he fots the mold, but there are better cover corners out there.

Kyle Wilson, on the other hand, looks great. He's fast, he's good keeping with receivers at the cut, and he makes plays. Scouts around me yesterday and today were raving about him. He'd be a great pick in the third if he falls, but from what I'm hearing, he'll go late second.
Hasn't the knock on Wilson always been his run coverage? If you can give us a breakdown on how he is doing against the run it wou ld be greatly appreciated.

I am becomeing very enamoured with McCourty, who looks like a well balanced CB on tape....how does he look?
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:43 AM   #4
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Quote:
(Especially on the play where Adrian Peterson trucked the HELL out of him!!!!)...
what at least he tried to tackle, ur happy u dont have al harris on the team
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:45 PM   #5
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Hasn't the knock on Wilson always been his run coverage? If you can give us a breakdown on how he is doing against the run it wou ld be greatly appreciated.

I am becomeing very enamoured with McCourty, who looks like a well balanced CB on tape....how does he look?
It's hard to judge these corners on their physicality and tackling inr un coverage because practice hasn't been full contact. Everyone forms up and bangs pads, but there's no tackling taking place. Wilson is a smaller corner (5'10" 190 lbs.) and he looks slightly thin, but we'll have to wait to make judgement on that.

McCourty hasn't really stood out to me. He's been solid at best. I haven't seen him get burnt badly but he also hasnt been making big plays. He's a good mid-round pick but I wouldn't get my hopes up about him being the savior of the Steelers secondary.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:45 PM   #6
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post

It's hard to judge these corners on their physicality and tackling in run coverage because practice hasn't been full contact. Everyone forms up and bangs pads, but there's no tackling taking place. Wilson is a smaller corner (5'10" 190 lbs.) and he looks slightly thin, but we'll have to wait to make judgement on that.

McCourty hasn't really stood out to me. He's been solid at best. I haven't seen him get burnt badly but he also hasnt been making big plays. He's a good mid-round pick but I wouldn't get my hopes up about him being the savior of the Steelers secondary.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #7
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

kyle wilson is good in run coverage look up the youtube highlights :P
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:06 PM   #8
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
what at least he tried to tackle, ur happy u dont have al harris on the team
WTF r u trying to say......al harris??? what do u mean.....

Yeah he tried to tackle....when he was on his back!!!!!....dude here's the replay so u can see it for yourself.....he runs up toward AP and hesitates here @ 20 sec....then when he's on the ground after he got JACKED UP.....he tries to tackle/trip him up @ 22-23 sec....yeah he tried but he failed badly......I know he tried but it was after he got laid out....shoot if he wouldn't of hesitated like he did...he wouldn't of looked like a lil b*tch on that play......like I said I wish this guy the best and I hope he steps it up next year because we are going to need him whether alongside taylor or as a backup....so heres the vid so you can see if for yourself....

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y-ygbWBrKGg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y-ygbWBrKGg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Old 01-27-2010, 11:00 PM   #9
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Quote:
Originally Posted by taztroy43 View Post
WTF r u trying to say......al harris??? what do u mean.....
I give you Al Harris.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FRAzy6hNVSs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US &feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FRAzy6hNVSs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US &feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Old 01-28-2010, 12:07 AM   #10
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx View Post
I give you Al Harris.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FRAzy6hNVSs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US &feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FRAzy6hNVSs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US &feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
LOL....thats what he meant...that guy got laid the hell out too but atleast he put his head down to tackle......but hey I could care less about Al Harris, Revis, Champ Bailey or whoever you want to bring up....the fact of the matter is William Gay is a Pittsburgh Steeler player.....and that was SAD....but moving on...I honestly hope he steps it up next year because we need him to play like he did when we won the SB....that highlight alone should make him work harder and make him focus in bettering his game for next year.....