Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-28-2010, 03:10 AM   #1
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Who's the Most Hated Team in the AFCN

Is it ous?

The Stains hate us, the sewer Rats dispise us because we beat them in big games and they ***** out of primetime games at heinz field (where was the motto we play anywhere gone?)

Is it the Bengals, they don't have a true rival, id say the Browns but that's not really a rivalry.

We must be the most loathed in our division im proud of it, means the other teams like ratbird puke purple scum are jealous of steelers organisation

Last edited by HometownGal; 01-28-2010 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Would you please stop using the word "rape" so freely????
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:14 AM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Who's the Most Hated Team in the AFCN

Who really cares who hates us? As long as we're atop of the division at season's end, which usually we are, bring on the hate.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
Angus Burgher
Team Captain

Member Number: 15057

Not to digress, but I'd like to look at the entire NFL for a moment.

I'd say that, as a whole, there are five teams that could all make a run for the "most hated" teams in the NFL:

Pittsburgh Steelers
Dallas Cowboys
New England Patriots
Baltimore Ravens
Philadelphia Eagles

Typically, what makes a team the "Most Hated" is based on one (or all) of the following:

1. Checkered past. Teams whose image has been tainted by some sort of unfair advantage in games or teams that consist of players who have had contraversial incidents off the field. (Patriots, Ravens, Cowboys).

2. Teams whose league dominance has been questionable for years (or have never been dominant at all) but still ACT as though they are so. (Cowboys, Eagles).

3. Teams who have been consistently very good and have the success rate to back it up. (Steelers)

4. Teams who have a rabid fan base full of belligerent drunks. (EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL)

Since the Cowboys made the list twice (or three times if you count #4), they are clearly America's Most Hated Team. Maybe that's how they got their nickname. They just decided to leave out the middle part.

As for the AFCN, I guess it's either the Steelers (for their success) or the Ratbirds (for carjacking a team from Cleveland and making a hero out of a murderer). If success equals hatred, I'll glad name the Steelers the Most Hated Team in the AFCN.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:39 PM   #4
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

good job Angus. Nice reasoning.

Raiders should get some love though. They were hated for 3 decades until these last few years of pathetic performances.

Most people love to hate the Raiders.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Let's face it, the Steelers are the only team in the AFCN that's WORTH hating. All the rest are 4-12 often enough that it's a joke. Same reason that a lot of people probably USED to hate the Raiders, but now they just laugh at them.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #6
Angus Burgher
Team Captain

Member Number: 15057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
good job Angus. Nice reasoning.

Raiders should get some love though. They were hated for 3 decades until these last few years of pathetic performances.

Most people love to hate the Raiders.
Thanks. Yeah, I think that the Raiders deserve some hate (especially because they're the reason why Madden's face and voice have polluted the NFL for the past 40 years) but I think that they've become so much of a joke that no one cares anymore.

Ironically, if the "Tuck Rule" hadn't been enacted in that game where they played the Pats, then most likely the Raiders would have gone to the Super Bowl, kept Gruden and continued to play at a high level. Instead, they imploded and became a laughing stock while the Patriots (a former laughing stock) went on to achieve league dominance and Most Hated status for multiple reasons.

Weird how things work out.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:56 AM   #7
DoubleYoi
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15474

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Let's face it, the Steelers are the only team in the AFCN that's WORTH hating. All the rest are 4-12 often enough that it's a joke. Same reason that a lot of people probably USED to hate the Raiders, but now they just laugh at them.
The Steelers are the only team in the AFCN worth hating? The Ravens are the old Browns and are very deserving of hatred. They've put bounties on our players, told their fans to "follow a Steeler fan into the bathroom" once upon a time and have been consistenlty arrogant. I hate those Ravens!!

The Browns are still the Browns. The way their players, fans and everybody involved with the organization acted after they beat us in route to their second victory of the season is enough to make me hate them all! Bunch of classless, jealous people.

The Bengals screamed bloody murder after Palmer got hurt in our playoff game in '05. That, along with the trash-talking they've done this year after winning the division makes me hate them more than ever. They'll return to their pitiful form this coming year and whimper their way back to obscurity.

Last edited by HometownGal; 01-29-2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: NO F BOMBS!!!!
DoubleYoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #8
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Burgher View Post
Thanks. Yeah, I think that the Raiders deserve some hate (especially because they're the reason why Madden's face and voice have polluted the NFL for the past 40 years) but I think that they've become so much of a joke that no one cares anymore.

Ironically, if the "Tuck Rule" hadn't been enacted in that game where they played the Pats, then most likely the Raiders would have gone to the Super Bowl, kept Gruden and continued to play at a high level. Instead, they imploded and became a laughing stock while the Patriots (a former laughing stock) went on to achieve league dominance and Most Hated status for multiple reasons. Weird how things work out.
The Primary Reason of the "multiple reasons" was because of the cheating.

I used to hate the Raiders. Now they are just too pathetic.
I used to REALLY hate the Cowboys. Now I just hate them.
I used to hate the Browns---see Raiders, above
I STILL hate the Ravens---but, as all of the old thugs retire, my hatred grows less---I actually like (well-----RESPECT) Ray Rice---the guy's got some moves.
but I REALLY, REALLY hate/loathe/despise the Patriots* because of the cheating, because of "the" Marsha Brady contributing to the pussification of the Greatest Game on the Planet, and because if I have to hear about the "Genious of Bellicheat" ONE more time I'm just gonna go apeshyyyte CRAZY!
(I know, the thread is about the AFCN---sorry about the rant...)

Steelers are the most hated (success breeds jealousy)
and that's a good thing!
Old 01-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #9
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261

Even with the 9-7 finish, the Steelers are still the most hated team in the North.

The Bengals won the North last year, but who hates them, like burning seething hatred that you want to see them suffer? (Well, I do since it's funny, but that's not the point) No one gets pleasure seeing Cinci lose, because they are a second class organization already. Ask any Ravens or Browns fan out there what gets their blood boiling. The vast majority will tell you it's the Steelers.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:15 PM   #10
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774

Quote:
Not to digress, but I'd like to look at the entire NFL for a moment.

I'd say that, as a whole, there are five teams that could all make a run for the "most hated" teams in the NFL:

Pittsburgh Steelers
Dallas Cowboys
New England Patriots
Baltimore Ravens
Philadelphia Eagles

Typically, what makes a team the "Most Hated" is based on one (or all) of the following:

1. Checkered past. Teams whose image has been tainted by some sort of unfair advantage in games or teams that consist of players who have had contraversial incidents off the field. (Patriots, Ravens, Cowboys).

2. Teams whose league dominance has been questionable for years (or have never been dominant at all) but still ACT as though they are so. (Cowboys, Eagles).

3. Teams who have been consistently very good and have the success rate to back it up. (Steelers)

4. Teams who have a rabid fan base full of belligerent drunks. (EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL)

Since the Cowboys made the list twice (or three times if you count #4), they are clearly America's Most Hated Team. Maybe that's how they got their nickname. They just decided to leave out the middle part.

As for the AFCN, I guess it's either the Steelers (for their success) or the Ratbirds (for carjacking a team from Cleveland and making a hero out of a murderer). If success equals hatred, I'll glad name the Steelers the Most Hated Team in the AFCN.
Well put, you nailed it on the head!
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote