Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-31-2010, 06:40 PM   #31
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850
Default Re: Tim Tebow an NFL QB? Fail.

If Tim Tebow is drafted, he wont start as a QB for any team, but he could be the most dangerous Wild Cat player in the NFL. Because he is fast, strong and he is a good passer, unlike running backs who throw interceptions on those running back pass plays in Miami... lol

If he gets drafted by Miami, he could put up 10+ touchdowns. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Raiders draft him and ruin the quality player he is. This is the type of player that would thrive in the old NFL, when quarterbacks did more Bootlegs, and had a lot more to do in the running game. But for him to thrive in the NFL, he can't be a FB or H-back, he needs to be a guy that gets handoffs, and you don't know whether he's gonna pass it 60 yards down the field, or run over people to get a first down.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:34 AM   #32
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,869 Times in 935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
I'm not saying it has no value, but when I see guys like Marino, Bradshaw, and McNair near the bottom of the list and I see guys like Alex smith at the top, then I'm not letting it be my be-all end- all in evaluating young qb's coming into the league.
Like previously said....its just an evaluation tool.

Lots of good QB's that are intelligent. Lots of great athletes that are idiots. But, in an era where 1st round QB's get $40million plus of guaranteed money, I would want to know if a guy can read the playbook or got the Dexter manley degree.

Any kid that went to class in college should be able to get 20 on it at least and make it a non issue on his resume.

As for Tebow, I dont see that he is that fast, or quick....but rather powerful. Somebody is gonna take him in the 2nd or 3rd probably, but they would have a specific plan for him(wildcat or selling tickets in JAX). I honestly think Dennis Dixon is a better NFL QB prospect than Tebow.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #33
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

From what I was able to view, Dan Lefevour was, is and will be >>>>>>>>>>>>>Tim Tebow. He looked like the 3rd QB out there, which is exactly what his week in practice denoted.

I hope the Browns draft him #1 as a QB.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #34
SteelerNation12
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15759

Tebow looked horrible under center. Not to mention inaccurate. I always thought the Florida WRs made him look more accurate then he actually is. His throwing motion is slow and the release point is jacked.
SteelerNation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:23 PM   #35
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

I'd be surprised if Tebow gets picked before the 4th round, and I'm not even sure it's a given he's drafted at all. I know everyone says he'd make a good H-back or tight end, but how do we really know? Can he block or play special teams?

I sure as hell hope he doesn't go to the draft in New York. I'd hate to see the guy humiliated.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #36
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
I'd be surprised if Tebow gets picked before the 4th round, and I'm not even sure it's a given he's drafted at all. I know everyone says he'd make a good H-back or tight end, but how do we really know? Can he block or play special teams?

I sure as hell hope he doesn't go to the draft in New York. I'd hate to see the guy humiliated.
Really? youd be surprised? I wont because i think a team will see SOME potential and will want to get him before the 4th round, i havent been seeing him in action recently in the Senior Bowl and stuff and i know he has his problems but i see a team taking him before the 4th round

Not saying that should be done or anything like that, cause personally i would think your correct and he SHOULDNT be taken until then...... i just think based on the hype and that hes Tebow someone will take him before he should be taken.
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #37
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,869 Times in 935 Posts

Was just listening to the Jim Rome show and Phil Simms commented on Tebow at the Senior Bowl.

Phil Simms said that Tebow's advisors should have skipped the Senior Bowl and worked on his footwork and taking the ball from under center, plus worked on his throwing motion and then shown his skills in a pro day workout, without competition. Simms said all this did was confirm what many thought that he could not handle making a drop from under center and throwing a quick timing pass from anywhere other than shotgun.

Simms went on to say that all the spread QB's looked awkward and non-athletic under center. He thinks that the spread offense is an easy place to hide non-athletic QB's because they" just have to stand back there like a wooden indian and throw a quick timing pass" without having to do a 3-5 or 7 step drop.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:05 AM   #38
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

I think the Jags must be laughing all the way to the bank, For a team that was rumoured to be looking at him in the first round ( to attract the Florida Gator fan base) they must be counting the millions they could now possibly save by getting him later in the draft.

A realistic option I see for them now is to trade down far enough in the first so that they pick up an extra 2nd round pick. That way they can still get 2 quality players in the first 2 rounds and then have the luxury pick of Tebow purely to get some Gators fans to come and watch him.

I hate to propose such an option because it contains no football merit or logic. Sadly I think a business decision will be made. To justify the business decision in return you might see 4 - 5 wildcat plays everygame purely for the Tebow factor.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:00 AM   #39
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,531 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
Really? youd be surprised? I wont because i think a team will see SOME potential and will want to get him before the 4th round, i havent been seeing him in action recently in the Senior Bowl and stuff and i know he has his problems but i see a team taking him before the 4th round

Not saying that should be done or anything like that, cause personally i would think your correct and he SHOULDNT be taken until then...... i just think based on the hype and that hes Tebow someone will take him before he should be taken.
what exactly is this potential your talking about ? strong arm ? nope...accuracy ? nope...speed ? nope ......
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #40
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
what exactly is this potential your talking about ? strong arm ? nope...accuracy ? nope...speed ? nope ......
I believe the kid can be trained to be an above average QB in the NFL. The one thing he possess that at least half the QBs in the league don't - leadership and determination! I think with those two qualities alone will help him in tearing down his techniques and building up a better body of works.

He has a pretty decent arm.
He's definitely not the most accurate, but a good QB coach can help him
Speed - definitely not
Physical strength - a good asset for a QB who is going to play for one of the bottom half teams.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote