Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-29-2010, 08:53 AM   #41
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,141 Times in 1,059 Posts
Default Re: 2010 Senior Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post

Still havent seen any senior bowl comments about RB Joique Bell.
Saw him run the ball on NFL network and they talked about him a little bit as the player of the year in the division. To my eyes he looks solidly built in the lower body and runs with nice burst......kind of like a quicker version of Thomas Jones.

I also liked the look of Dixon from Miss St. and Ben Tate from Auburn.....I think any one of those guys can help Mendenhall in our backfield.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:10 AM   #42
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Saw him run the ball on NFL network and they talked about him a little bit as the player of the year in the division. To my eyes he looks solidly built in the lower body and runs with nice burst......kind of like a quicker version of Thomas Jones.

I also liked the look of Dixon from Miss St. and Ben Tate from Auburn.....I think any one of those guys can help Mendenhall in our backfield.
i figure dixon could probably be had in the 3rd like shonn greene last year, and ben tate in the 4th maybe the 5th. tate set a few of the high school rushing records here in maryland.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #43
darnik44
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2958

For 61 years now, the annual Senior Bowl has been a vital scouting tool for NFL teams. For the last 60 years, Mobile, Alabama has become the unofficial home of the NFL for this week. Each year we have players who help their draft stock during this week, and then there are those who hurt their stock. The Senior Bowl week is the first exposure these prospects have to NFL coaching and an NFL style practice week and game. It is a very good way to evaluate these prospects against the highest level of competition they have ever seen.

Risers

Mardy Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati

Gilyard came into Mobile underrated and overlooked by most in my opinion. Despite a solid career against quality opponents and a made for T.V. type of path to get where he now is, most had written Gilyard off. You often hear people go straight to talk about his size, his long speed, and the Brian Kelly "system." Gilyard did a lot to silence those critics a bit.

Read more...
Old 02-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #44
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,141 Times in 1,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
For 61 years now, the annual Senior Bowl has been a vital scouting tool for NFL teams. For the last 60 years, Mobile, Alabama has become the unofficial home of the NFL for this week. Each year we have players who help their draft stock during this week, and then there are those who hurt their stock. The Senior Bowl week is the first exposure these prospects have to NFL coaching and an NFL style practice week and game. It is a very good way to evaluate these prospects against the highest level of competition they have ever seen.

Risers

Mardy Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati

Gilyard came into Mobile underrated and overlooked by most in my opinion. Despite a solid career against quality opponents and a made for T.V. type of path to get where he now is, most had written Gilyard off. You often hear people go straight to talk about his size, his long speed, and the Brian Kelly "system." Gilyard did a lot to silence those critics a bit.

Read more...
Is there something here adding to the discussion??? Or is it just Pimpin' your site
Old 02-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #45
darnik44
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2958

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Is there something here adding to the discussion??? Or is it just Pimpin' your site
That's everything I have to add. Just passing it on for anyone who might be interested.