Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 02-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #11
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Re: Steelers Will Not Draft A Nose Tackle In Round 1

So, look at Ike Taylor go read up his stats... http://profootball.scout.com/2/926374.html

taylor is an overrated piece of shit, i for one cant wait until his contract is up.

and this was by early december

Quote:
Ike Taylor, Pittsburgh Steelers: Quarterbacks have gone after the seventh-year corner a 90 times this season, more than any other defender in the NFL. Taylor has allowed a league-high 54 catches (60 percent) for 679 yards and two touchdowns. He's broken-up 11 attempts.

Bryant McFadden, Arizona Cardinals: 87 passes have been thrown McFadden's way, and he's allowed 45 completions (51.7 percent) for 648 yards and a score. He's knocked away 13 throws.
WAIT WAIT WERES WILLIAM GAY? HE ISNT EVEN ON THAT *CENSORED* LIST OF BURNED PEOPLE.

quit hating you would stink up the position yourself so whilst he is a Steeler, show some friggin respect and support for our players.

And when clayton got that 60 yard reception that wasnt Gays fault, Ryan Clark could of batted the ball down but went for the big hit.

Gay also forced clayton a fumble that game.

with that post gazette crap ike taylor was targeted over 100 times this season, gay was not even targeted 70 times.

Usually you go after the second corner on the team.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #12
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
So, look at Ike Taylor go read up his stats... http://profootball.scout.com/2/926374.html

taylor is an overrated piece of shit, i for one cant wait until his contract is up.

and this was by early december

WAIT WAIT WERES WILLIAM GAY? HE ISNT EVEN ON THAT *CENSORED* LIST OF BURNED PEOPLE.

quit hating you would stink up the position yourself so whilst he is a Steeler, show some friggin respect and support for our players.

And when clayton got that 60 yard reception that wasnt Gays fault, Ryan Clark could of batted the ball down but went for the big hit.

Gay also forced clayton a fumble that game.

with that post gazette crap ike taylor was targeted over 100 times this season, gay was not even targeted 70 times.

Usually you go after the second corner on the team.

Whoa!!!! dude its El Gonzo's opinion and the opinion of a lot of people....Yes w/o polamalu both our CB struggled!!! But you can't say that Ike "Taylor is an overrated piece of shit"...If he's so overrated then why isn't Gay up against the #1 receiver every game?????????......Gay struggles w/ the #2 receiver and Ike struggles w/ the #1 receiver/target....So it's more understandable if you are prone to struggling w/ every teams #1 RECIEVER not the #2 guy....In order to be the #1 Reciever you're usually the #1 target by the QB...and that #1 reciever is the best most talented WR on the team.....so Ike goes up against that player every Sunday....Gay only goes up against the other guy!!! So I wouldn't blurt out that "Taylor is an overrated piece of shit"....So tell me, who should take on the opponent's #1 receiver every Sunday?????Gay?????I seriously hope that it not your answer....I mean the guy struggled but you can only wish him the best....but if there are better guys available in the draft....the Steelers would pull the trigger on one of them....and besides we still have Burnett and Lewis....we still gotta see how they pan out......
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #13
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,894 Times in 947 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by taztroy43 View Post
Whoa!!!! dude its El Gonzo's opinion and the opinion of a lot of people....Yes w/o polamalu both our CB struggled!!! But you can't say that Ike "Taylor is an overrated piece of shit"...If he's so overrated then why isn't Gay up against the #1 receiver every game?????????......Gay struggles w/ the #2 receiver and Ike struggles w/ the #1 receiver/target....So it's more understandable if you are prone to struggling w/ every teams #1 RECIEVER not the #2 guy....In order to be the #1 Reciever you're usually the #1 target by the QB...and that #1 reciever is the best most talented WR on the team.....so Ike goes up against that player every Sunday....Gay only goes up against the other guy!!! So I wouldn't blurt out that "Taylor is an overrated piece of shit"....So tell me, who should take on the opponent's #1 receiver every Sunday?????Gay?????I seriously hope that it not your answer....I mean the guy struggled but you can only wish him the best....but if there are better guys available in the draft....the Steelers would pull the trigger on one of them....and besides we still have Burnett and Lewis....we still gotta see how they pan out......
Easy there Taztroy43. Forget who the Steelers coaches think shoud matchup against, or what professional sports reporters or pro talent evaluators/ scouts think. Its all in the statistics.

William Gay was a nickelback and did a nice job. But when he became a starter he struggled. Matt Williamson of Scouts inc.

The William Gay experiment didnít go well. James Walker ESPN

Mike Tomlin acknowledged that Gay might continue to be targeted by other teams and said, "He better not blink."

I agree with the OP. Steelers will not draft a NT. They should look at CB.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #14
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Quote:
Originally Posted by taztroy43 View Post
the thing is gay has had 1 bad year, and 1 great year, and 1 good rookie average year.

Ike pulls this crap after every super bowl win, i like the dude alot but some good things come to a end. I am lobbying for us to grab patrick robinson or kyle wilson in the early rounds to be the eventual successor to Ike Taylor in 2 years.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #15
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,894 Times in 947 Posts

The ideal situation is to make Ike Taylor your No. 2 corner and bring in a No. 1-type corner. Then you’re really talking. The rest can play nickel and dime positions. Todd Williamson, Scouts Inc.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/tag/_/name/william-gay
Old 02-02-2010, 04:36 PM   #16
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
the thing is gay has had 1 bad year, and 1 great year, and 1 good rookie average year.

Ike pulls this crap after every super bowl win, i like the dude alot but some good things come to a end. I am lobbying for us to grab patrick robinson or kyle wilson in the early rounds to be the eventual successor to Ike Taylor in 2 years.
Yeah its true Ike has to be a little more consistent...but I think he does a decent job....as for Gay....put it this way...he can only get better after a disappointing season and I'm hoping he does get better!!!....shoot, our whole secondary had a very disappointing season....this was mainly because Troy P was out for practically the whole season and let's not forget about Aaron Smith...I think either of those two guys that u mentioned would be a great addition to our secondary(Robinson or Wilson)...For me personally I would want the Steelers to pick up CB Kyle Wilson....he had a solid Senior Bowl week and a pretty decent game....Patrick Robinson would be a great pickup as well...But I would want the Steelers to pick either of them in Round 2.....like you mentioned, either of these guys, would eventually be the successor to Ike Taylor....
Old 02-02-2010, 04:36 PM   #17
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
The ideal situation is to make Ike Taylor your No. 2 corner and bring in a No. 1-type corner. Then youíre really talking. The rest can play nickel and dime positions. Todd Williamson, Scouts Inc.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/tag/_/name/william-gay
I agree w/ that assessment!!!