Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 02-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #11
Chidi29
Starter

Member Number: 15832
Default Re: My 1st 7 Round Mock Draft 2010

That's true about Dixon. Though he was probably a higher touted prospect and like you said, had a couple more months to recover. Schofield will likely get a look late.

Yep, Davis completely fizzeled out. Couldn't even hack it on special teams; sometimes, it seemed like the effort wasn't even there. I think New England signed him to a future contract a couple weeks ago.
Chidi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:27 AM   #12
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
Apart from Legarette Blount I think your draft is sensational.

1. OG
2. CB
3. FS
4. NT
5a OT
5b. WR
5c RB
6. ILB
7a. OLB
7b. TE

Great balanced draft that I can see only has one small hole. I would love to see a SS somewhere to compete for the #2 SS spot.

Iupati and Ciron Black are good OT picks. Black may be one butt ugly player but I think he is a player. He keeps getting it done somehow.

Cant argue with a starting CB in the 2nd round because of what you have done in the 3rd. Myron Rolle is a player on the rise who is really starting to WOW people.

Troup and Dickerson are players that are well liked by the team here. They are nearly as well liked as our two pimps who have broken down lately, Schofield and Johnson. I think you could take a punt on one of them but maybe not both.

I like the mock a lot. Look forward to a few more in the upcoming months.

Thanks Aussie....all the guys that I have here in my mock are guys who I would love to see wearing B & G!!! .... you're right, I was thinking about adding a SS somewhere in the draft to compete w/ Carter....but I still want to know if Clark is going to be resigned...and if he does or not, that would probably affect my mock a little bit....I was thinking about S Nate Allen but he'll probably go somewhere in the 2nd.... I think that we have to go CB in @ least one of our first three selections in the draft.... I'm really high on CB Kyle Wilson from Boise State and I ultimately decided to go w/ him in the 2nd round....Do you think that if we resign Ryan Clark we would probably look @ a SS to back up Troy P instead of a FS??? after all we still have Ryan Mundy under development @ FS.....
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:31 AM   #13
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
That's true about Dixon. Though he was probably a higher touted prospect and like you said, had a couple more months to recover. Schofield will likely get a look late.

Yep, Davis completely fizzeled out. Couldn't even hack it on special teams; sometimes, it seemed like the effort wasn't even there. I think New England signed him to a future contract a couple weeks ago.
Man I hope we don't draft another Davis....that guy was just disappointing....and like u said he couldn't even cut it on ST....all I gotta say to him now is .......and maybe he'll step up his game with the New England CHEATERS!!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 01:38 AM   #14
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Quote:
Originally Posted by taztroy43 View Post
Thanks Aussie....all the guys that I have here in my mock are guys who I would love to see wearing B & G!!! .... you're right, I was thinking about adding a SS somewhere in the draft to compete w/ Carter....but I still want to know if Clark is going to be resigned...and if he does or not, that would probably affect my mock a little bit....I was thinking about S Nate Allen but he'll probably go somewhere in the 2nd.... I think that we have to go CB in @ least one of our first three selections in the draft.... I'm really high on CB Kyle Wilson from Boise State and I ultimately decided to go w/ him in the 2nd round....Do you think that if we resign Ryan Clark we would probably look @ a SS to back up Troy P instead of a FS??? after all we still have Ryan Mundy under development @ FS.....
Last year the FO went with 2 CB's. They will be given every chance to succeed. The only way that this changes is if Keenan Lewis is being prepped to be a FS. Unless a freak fall unexpectedly I dont see CB in the draft.

I think Carter is done and a young SS must be brought in who a tackling machine who can cover a TE . Even if Clark is resigned I cant see Mundy ever being a starter. Its either Keenan Lewis or a high draft pick this year to be the heir to Ryan Clark.

Clark doesnt have a contract yet and I dont know if he will get one -- I hope he gets a 2 year offer because without him the team is empty at FS
Old 02-05-2010, 01:57 AM   #15
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Last year the FO went with 2 CB's. They will be given every chance to succeed. The only way that this changes is if Keenan Lewis is being prepped to be a FS. Unless a freak fall unexpectedly I dont see CB in the draft.

I think Carter is done and a young SS must be brought in who a tackling machine who can cover a TE . Even if Clark is resigned I cant see Mundy ever being a starter. Its either Keenan Lewis or a high draft pick this year to be the heir to Ryan Clark.

Clark doesnt have a contract yet and I dont know if he will get one -- I hope he gets a 2 year offer because without him the team is empty at FS
yeah....Mundy doesn't seem like he'll be a starter for us in the future....because he looks lost every time he gets a chance to play and he tends to struggle when reading his assignments....I don't know about Keenan Lewis being moved to FS but it would be pretty interesting to see if they would consider it....Lewis has the ability in my mind to be a pretty successful FS....he looks solid as a tackler and as a cover CB ...maybe that can translate to FS but I doubt they would go that route...we really didn't get a chance to see what he can do @ CB this year...he was out I believe for almost the whole season w/ back issues.....but like you said we already drafted Burnett and Lewis....and we already have Gay on our roster....so a CB this draft probably won't be a priority in the upper part of the draft....

I do believe that they will go FS to play along side Polamalu this draft but I don't know if it would be in the 1st(if Earl Thomas is there) or anywhere before their 5th....I pretty sure that they'll draft a S in the upper part of the draft....but I'm having a hard time trying to see who they would be interested in. and in what round.....
Old 02-05-2010, 02:14 AM   #16
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by taztroy43 View Post

I do believe that they will go FS to play along side Polamalu this draft but I don't know if it would be in the 1st(if Earl Thomas is there) or anywhere before their 5th....I pretty sure that they'll draft a S in the upper part of the draft....but I'm having a hard time trying to see who they would be interested in. and in what round.....
I am looking at FS in the 2nd or 3rd.
My list in order is:
2nd Round - Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, Myron Rolle
3rd Round - Major Wright and maybe ....Kam Chancellor ( I think he is more a SS but he may be the perfect pick. A guy who can play both #2 SS and #2 FS. That leaves the starting FS position open for a Free agent .Le Beau likes an experienced head to play FS to lead his secondary whilst Troy freelances.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:35 AM   #17
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

i wouldnt mind kyle wilson or patrick robinson taking the transition to free safety, kyle wilson looks like he can be a safety and free safetys are normally cover guys right? He's also excelled on punt returns im no hater on logan but the way he was used in 2009 (did a pretty good job) we could have an extra body in the roster that can be used for a backup.

I do think we need at least 3 safeties in this draft, we can't always rely on Troy to be 100% healthy throghout his career.

damn im excited for the draft why such long offseasons :(
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:52 AM   #18
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
My list in order is:
3rd Round - Major Wright and maybe ....Kam Chancellor ( I think he is more a SS but he may be the perfect pick. A guy who can play both #2 SS and #2 FS. That leaves the starting FS position open for a Free agent .Le Beau likes an experienced head to play FS to lead his secondary whilst Troy freelances.
Thats pretty realistic list Aussie. I'm afraid that those planning on Rolle in the 3rd round may get surprised.

Not sure my preference in you 2nd round list wouldn't be Rolle, Burnett, Allen. How would your preference go?

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:29 AM   #19
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Quote:
My list in order is:
I think your right on with that window Aussie.

If we're going to get a FS, and we need one weather Clark stays or not, round 2-3 is where it's at. Preferably 2nd... unless Thomas somehow falls in our lap in the 1st.

I'd say the next deepest position for that window would be CB.

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #20
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

FS is top end loaded in this draft. Beyond those guys listed I dont see much other than career #2 Free safeties.

The draft however seems pretty consistently spread throughout the rounds for SS talent.,

If you want a starting free safety for 2011 from this draft it has to be from the first two rounds.

The order of preference for me at the moment is;

Rd 1 - Earl Thomas
Rd 2 - Taylor Mays, Nate Allen, Myron Rolle, Morgan Burnett
Rd 3 - Major Wright and Kam Chancellor

Mays is a guy I wouldnt like to gamble on. I think he and Chancellor would be great understudies to Troy. If he had only 2 years left in the league I would take one of them and let them back up both the FS and SS spots.

I want a pure cover guy to play FS and I think the other five players on my list fit that role.

Just quietly though .......... I am an armchair critic from downunder so I dont know how that counts for