Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Help Center > Feedback & Support

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 02-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #21
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066
Default Re: Moderating of rep comments

I'm starting to get that, GB.

Damn if he isn't a perpetual horny little bugger though. That he's being serious about.

Men.
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:15 PM   #22
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Shea,

I haven't posted on here in dang near a month, because I needed a break from this place. I was sick of how people were dealing with each other, and sickened by the fact that I was responding in the same way.

I say that as a precursor to answering what I perceive as the questions behind your questions.

1. The mods here are in a horrible spot. If they let too much go, then they are seen as weak and passive. When they do step up, they then are seen as playing favorites. If they don't let much go, then they are seen as overbearing. In the few years I came in just as it was being clamped down, watched it get passive, then clamped down again, then move to VERY passive over the last year and a half, and now, being clamped down again. Finding that balance is very difficult to do, and is always hated by the half that wants it the other way.

2. about the threads being stopped and reps being monitored (I am not, nor have been a mod--and want to be very careful not to speak for them or put words in their mouths), it is a needed element to break the direction of the board and bring it back the other way. There have been two other times when this board descended into the darkness... the result of one is another board of which we do not speak, the other can be seen in a search on LITP as a mod. See how bad this board got for a while, long before you were here. The mods we have now, know and see where this board is going, and are acting to put and end to it before it gets there.

3. There have been times when I have wondered about people being banned from the site. I have found that a PM, recognizing that its none of my business, but that I am generally wondering what happened, was met with a gracious PM back. Trust me, there are plenty of things that you may not see. If something was deleted from your REP, there is a good chance it was part of a larger pattern the mods saw, and are trying to put a stop to, for the sake of the general board and everyone who posts here.

I have enjoyed posting with you. Hope you take my post in the way intended, and not as a jab at you.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:32 AM   #23
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Nope, not taking that as a jab at all Preacher.

And I read this forum for a couple of years before I started to post, so I do know about LITP and the other situation.

And I want to reiterate that the moderating here is the best I've ever come across.

Trust me, I've been a part of some horrible forums, due to the mods, and that isn't the case here.

Heck, just the fact that what happens here is open for questioning and discussion without instantly leading to a ban speaks to how good the moderating is. I've personally experienced instant bans by me and others for just subtely expressing questions and thoughts towards the running of a board. That doesn't happen here, which is a good thing and something I admire.

Although, I perhaps need to express myself in these situations better as to not offend the mods.

That's on me though.

Preacher - I don't personally know you, and don't always agree with you, but have always respected you. Please don't continue to take a step back from the forum.

If you can't accept what's happening now then I don't know how the hell you survived LITP.

Everything is going to be alright around here. And maybe having a man of the cloth around will be needed to get us there sooner rather than later.

Get what I'm saying here? (yes, I've learned - you're part of that cup is Pepsi )
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote