Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #11
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302
Default Re: Tiger Woods Press Conference

I don't understand the animosity with Tiger. He didn't break any laws, he didn't rape anyone, he didn't get drunk and kill anyone, he didn't murder dogs, he didn't shoot himself in the leg, he didn't piss in public (i.e. Reed), he didn't do illegal drugs (i.e. Holmes) yet people are more pissed off about what he did with other consenting individuals. Sometimes the hypocrisy on this board is overwhelming.

Roethlisberger is accused of raping a woman, while i have serious concerns about the validity of that, not a single person has posted publicly about their disappoint with Ben in any manner approaching what Tiger did. I cannot understand the hatred. He played golf and is a savvy and intelligent business man. He never played on some clean cut image, he played on his golf game deliberately keeping his family out of the spotlight. What he does in his private life is his business.

However the true sign of hypocrisy will come when you turn on the TV to watch him win the Masters and mark my word, the ratings will come back. Tiger won't miss a beat.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #12
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

I see a need for the wealthy to hire some professional pimps.

I can help these multi-millionaire's with a sweet tooth - I will set them up with limo's so's they never have to get a DUI and find some clean girls fresh off the farm...no problemo....no weapons needed...I will pack the heat.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #13
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
I don't condone what he did, but he doesn't owe me, or anyone else in the public an apology. This is between him, his wife and kids, and his imediate family. I just want to watch him play golf. Anything else, short of a criminal act against society... I don't care.
I'm kinda startin to fall in line with that line of thinking, S&B

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #14
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
I see a need for the wealthy to hire some professional pimps.

I can help these multi-millionaire's with a sweet tooth - I will set them up with limo's so's they never have to get a DUI and find some clean girls fresh off the farm...no problemo....no weapons needed...I will pack the heat.
You take the east coast I'll take the West.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:35 PM   #15
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I can never feel sorry for him. He has more money that God . Feel sorry for his kids and wife , and thats it !!!
But they have just as much money as he does.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:32 AM   #16
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
I don't understand the animosity with Tiger. He didn't break any laws, he didn't rape anyone, he didn't get drunk and kill anyone, he didn't murder dogs, he didn't shoot himself in the leg, he didn't piss in public (i.e. Reed), he didn't do illegal drugs (i.e. Holmes) yet people are more pissed off about what he did with other consenting individuals. Sometimes the hypocrisy on this board is overwhelming.
There is no hypocrisy here SteelersinCA - only pure disgust at the pain and embarrassment he himself has brought upon his wife wife and children - innocent parties - because he couldn't keep Mr. Happy in his pants and his own egotistical sense of self-entitlement . . .

Quote:
I felt that I had worked hard my entire life and deserved to enjoy all the temptations around me. I felt I was entitled.
Quote:
Roethlisberger is accused of raping a woman, while i have serious concerns about the validity of that, not a single person has posted publicly about their disappoint with Ben in any manner approaching what Tiger did. I cannot understand the hatred. He played golf and is a savvy and intelligent business man. He never played on some clean cut image, he played on his golf game deliberately keeping his family out of the spotlight. What he does in his private life is his business.
By his own actions, he has now PUT his wife and children IN the spotlight. The media follow Elin and the children around and they have very little privacy as a result of his sexual addiction and perversion.

Comparing Ben's situation to that of Tiger's is apples and oranges imho. Though I am a vehement opponent to anyone being violated against their will, I think most of us can smell a mile away and figure out what McNasty's game plan is. In addition, Ben has the reputation of being a ladies man and is SINGLE. He doesn't have a wife and children whose lives will be adversely affected by his sexual appetite.

Finally, yes - Tiger did play on some clean cut image. By his own statement yesterday . . .

Quote:
Parents used to point to me as a role model for their kids. I owe all those families a special apology. I want to say to them that I am truly sorry.
Quote:
The true sign of hypocrisy will come when you turn on the TV to watch him win the Masters and mark my word, the ratings will come back. Tiger won't miss a beat.
I respect him as the greatest golfer to ever play the game, but as a person, a husband and a father? Nope, nada, nein - not going to happen.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #17
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Maybe that's the difference HTG, I don't expect any more out of athletes than what they are paid to do. I don't look at any of them as a role model, nor will I allow my son to. There is nothing about being paid millions and being greedy that I find endearing. In that light, I'm all for whatever someone wants to do to enhance their performance. It's their body, it's their choice. If sex helps his game, so be it.

I don't understand why he stays married, but it's not my business and doesn't really affect me in any way. I'm not tuning in to watch a soap opera, I'm tuning in to watch good golf. However I still think people crying about what Tiger did in his private life is hypocritical. I judge everyone by the same measuring stick, I don't care if Ben had consensual sex with an ugly woman and I don't care if Tiger had sex with 27 gorgeous women. Money and fame bring certain things to the table that the ordinary person doesn't have to deal with. I don't know what it's like therefore I cannot judge. I surmise it would be very difficult for a man in Tiger's position to resist the constant temptation and I have said as much all along. My mom always told me walk a mile in someone's shoes before you judge them.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:57 PM   #18
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
I judge everyone by the same measuring stick, I don't care if Ben had consensual sex with an ugly woman and I don't care if Tiger had sex with 27 gorgeous women.
I do, as well, and I would be just as disgusted if it were my neighbor or my best friend.

Quote:
Money and fame bring certain things to the table that the ordinary person doesn't have to deal with. I don't know what it's like therefore I cannot judge. I surmise it would be very difficult for a man in Tiger's position to resist the constant temptation and I have said as much all along.
In that event, he shouldn't have married and had children. I'm sure he had just as many "temptations" before he met his wife and decided to marry her and bring children into the world knowing that he had these "temptations". Hell - this slug was dickie dunkin' while Elin was pregnant.

Quote:
My mom always told me walk a mile in someone's shoes before you judge them.
Sorry - in this case, can no do. There is no way in hell I could or would ever put three people I claim to love and have a moral duty to protect through the deep hurt, anguish and public humiliation Tiger Woods has placed upon his wife and little ones. Not in a million years. I guess in that respect, we ARE different.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #19
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I do, as well, and I would be just as disgusted if it were my neighbor or my best friend.

In that event, he shouldn't have married and had children. I'm sure he had just as many "temptations" before he met his wife and decided to marry her and bring children into the world knowing that he had these "temptations". Hell - this slug was dickie dunkin' while Elin was pregnant.

Sorry - in this case, can no do. There is no way in hell I could or would ever put three people I claim to love and have a moral duty to protect through the deep hurt, anguish and public humiliation Tiger Woods has placed upon his wife and little ones. Not in a million years. I guess in that respect, we ARE different.
I don't think he thought he would ever get caught. I don't really think people who cheat on their spouses see it as hurting their spouse or kids. I dunno, again, haven't been there. I find it difficult to feel sorry for a spouse of a professional athlete. They know what they are getting into way ahead of time. Doesn't make it right, but they know the deal. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:33 PM   #20
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

I was baffled that the major networks cut into their scheduled programs to carry this press conference live. What he did stinks, but I don't see the importance the networks put on that. That's something I think should be reserved to serious news events, not Tiger.

Also loved the coverage of a couple of his mistresses watching, then being devasted that he didn't mention them.

They chose to have an affair with a married man, yet they feel they've been wronged?? I just don't get that.

I was also struck how he vehemently denied that his wife had attacked him. It seemed sincere which is disappointing. I had hoped all along that she had kicked his ass that night.

Quote:
I don't think he thought he would ever get caught. I don't really think people who cheat on their spouses see it as hurting their spouse or kids. I dunno, again, haven't been there. I find it difficult to feel sorry for a spouse of a professional athlete. They know what they are getting into way ahead of time. Doesn't make it right, but they know the deal. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
So do the men when they choose to propose marriage. They too know what they are getting into and if they aren't willing to commit to a wife and the children that comes along during that marriage, then they shouldn't be getting married and taking vows in the first place.
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote