Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #231
UltimateBengal
Banned

Member Number: 15469
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
I thought tonights tna show was another step back ho-hum show for them.I mean the falir styles thing was alright but seriously again-the pope going for the title.And geta better gimmick,calling people by the wrong names is so 5th grade-dick,oh i am sorry i mean d'angelo.Yeah thats funnyAnd no beutiful people tonight really dissapointed me.But what wrecked the show for me was a tie between the hogan /abyass thing (that whinning of abyass just makes me turn the channel) and i think the winner is the angle using the troops to get himself over.I mean as a storyline or for real it just should not be done.I know i risk getting ripped on on here.But i know people that have been over there and they feel the same way i do about this.Like john cena doing it and now angle doing this in the storyline with anderson.I just do not like using the troops name like this.But i do have to say i loved how mr.anderson played it back right at angle.Man i love that guy as a heel.The wwe did not know they had a gold mine in him.Because they keep putting over the same guys over and over and all of them are old timers like the taker,triple h and ray "i only fight big guys to get over"-you could call them "the land of the lost".I hope that tna picks it up when they go head to head with them.
Lambert, I thought this Impact was ok, but certainly not great. One interesting thing was the little riff between Hogan and Bischoff. I would love to see that develop into a storyline. Hogan vs Bischoff has a lot of possibilities and would be could go over well if done properly. As far as the Angle-Anderson segment..when Angle started talking about the troops and crying, I was thinking "really?". Angle is a legend in the sport, but he isn't what he once was, and I feel like they're looking for anything they can to get him over right now. As far as Anderson, his reaction was great! I laughed my ass off. I don't know that anyone could've pulled that off with humor and sarcasm the way he did! I agree with ya Lambert, that the WWE didn't use him correctly. The best thing TNA is doing right now is putting Anderson over as a heel, and he may very well be one of the best heels in the business right now!!! I wish Chris "Abyss" Parks would become a full time member of the creative team and help with the writing. That's where his real talents are, not as a wrestler. I've never liked his ring character, it's just a poor ripoff of Foley's Mankind.
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #232
UltimateBengal
Banned

Member Number: 15469

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
whow just learned umage is dead.

R.I.P.
Yeah, that was too bad that he passed. His real name was Eddie Fatu, the little brother of Junior Fatu(Rikishi). Man, wrestlers live a hard life, and endure a lot of abuse to their bodies. The life span for a pro wrestler isn't great. While it is scripted, those guys put their bodies through hell every night for us!
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:28 PM   #233
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBengal View Post
Yeah, that was too bad that he passed. His real name was Eddie Fatu, the little brother of Junior Fatu(Rikishi). Man, wrestlers live a hard life, and endure a lot of abuse to their bodies. The life span for a pro wrestler isn't great. While it is scripted, those guys put their bodies through hell every night for us!
wow where has rikishi gone :O

yea r.i.p samoan spike
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #234
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

[YOUTUBE]-z-aexBlYU4[/YOUTUBE]
Old 02-21-2010, 11:07 PM   #235
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Interesting finds

[YOUTUBE]Ib_hzqiXmj8[/YOUTUBE]

jr-"dONT shoot prematurely" lol

[YOUTUBE]dthOzDvehzE[/YOUTUBE]

Why cant the WWE be like this anymore.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:27 PM   #236
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642

ULTIMATE-I am happy to read that you thought the same thing i did about that angle/anderson segment.And just like you the first thing i said when angle started with that was "seriously"?.And like you i was laughing at how anderson just flipped it on him.That was great.It showed his talents that he was able to flip it back on angle and have it play that good doing it.Yes,for sure he is the best heel in the buisness today.Not sure whats going on with that hogan/abyass thing.That just confused me.And i also have never really liked him as i awlays thought he just ripped off mankinds gimmick.And as far as the hogan bischoff thing you might be right as that could work good as a storyline.At least they would make it interesting and not the same old that that other wrestling has been doing for year.Putting over the same people with the same routines.I mean every match is the same with most of them.I hear that the main event for that march 8th show-hogan vs flair???
Quote:
Lambert, I thought this Impact was ok, but certainly not great. One interesting thing was the little riff between Hogan and Bischoff. I would love to see that develop into a storyline. Hogan vs Bischoff has a lot of possibilities and would be could go over well if done properly. As far as the Angle-Anderson segment..when Angle started talking about the troops and crying, I was thinking "really?". Angle is a legend in the sport, but he isn't what he once was, and I feel like they're looking for anything they can to get him over right now. As far as Anderson, his reaction was great! I laughed my ass off. I don't know that anyone could've pulled that off with humor and sarcasm the way he did! I agree with ya Lambert, that the WWE didn't use him correctly. The best thing TNA is doing right now is putting Anderson over as a heel, and he may very well be one of the best heels in the business right now!!! I wish Chris "Abyss" Parks would become a full time member of the creative team and help with the writing. That's where his real talents are, not as a wrestler. I've never liked his ring character, it's just a poor ripoff of Foley's Mankind.
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:31 PM   #237
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642

I wrote a whole long post about it on this thread when it happen.Very sad as another wrestler does not see the age of 40.I mention all of that on the post i wrote on here.
Quote:
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:09 AM   #238
WH

Member Number:

http://www.youtube.com/v/ay8HqvRpR6I

Undertaker nearly set on fire in a Pyro miscue, damn you Kane.

Great PPV matches last night. Great results. Perfect way to start off the final drive to 'Mania.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:55 AM   #239
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I've got to say I wasn't that upset with the TNA's whole "Dick Flair" thing. Thought it was entertaining that he's getting punked now. I would like to see more wrestling and less drama. Reminds me too much of WWE which has gotten so boring with it.

I'm hoping TNA puts together some good stuff before they go live because right now Vince has the wrestling world at his mercy and he could push them under in a matter of months.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #240
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
http://www.youtube.com/v/ay8HqvRpR6I

Undertaker nearly set on fire in a Pyro miscue, damn you Kane.

Great PPV matches last night. Great results. Perfect way to start off the final drive to 'Mania.
lol i bet the pyrotechnic dont have a job no more