Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #11
SteelCityMom
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: Nickelodeon Promotes Sex To Young Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerNation12 View Post
I hate parents like this. Let your kids live! I doubt they will even know what is going on in those games anyways.
Well, it all depends on what your comfortable letting your child do...so I understand some parents not wanting their kids to play games like this. They are pretty harmless though as I tried about a dozen of them out last night. They're nothing compared to the plethora of violent video games many parents let their kids play.

Like I said though, it's definitely up to the parents to check out ALL of the sites their kids are visiting...Cartoon Networks website has games linked to it that are geared towards a more mature audience as well because of Adult Swim. It's not up to Nickelodean to track what your child is doing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:03 PM   #12
SteelCityMom
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: Nickelodeon Promotes Sex To Young Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
I guess we just see things differently. I learned the facts of life in 5th grade when my friend came across it in the how & why wonder book of human reproduction.

I didn't have a serious girlfriend until I was a junior in high school.

Now kids are having sex in grade school.

If you're cool with that, good for you.
IMO, kids are having sex so young because less and less parents are talking to their kids about it. My Mom got me a sex ed book when I was in second grade...(cartoon) nudity and all and was very honest with me about it all. Sure, I picked up some things from friends and stuff, but I learned the basics at a very young age. My daughter understands the basics of it already too. I'd rather be the one to tell her than some random kid on the playground or a video game. That's how kids get in trouble.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #13
Bng_Hevn
Draft Prospect
 
Bng_Hevn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 144
Member Number: 14891
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Nickelodeon Promotes Sex To Young Children

First off, the guy says that the addicting games is not filtered out. Since it opens up a new window for the addicting games site, I'm sure you could filter that site out.

I had a second but thought better of it. To the "normal" person you would trust Nick so I would agree that they need to remove the addicting games link from their site.
Bng_Hevn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #14
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter
 
GBMelBlount's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Western PA
Posts: 6,203
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5140
Thanks: 1,138
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Re: Nickelodeon Promotes Sex To Young Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
IMO, kids are having sex so young because less and less parents are talking to their kids about it. My Mom got me a sex ed book when I was in second grade...(cartoon) nudity and all and was very honest with me about it all. Sure, I picked up some things from friends and stuff, but I learned the basics at a very young age. My daughter understands the basics of it already too. I'd rather be the one to tell her than some random kid on the playground or a video game. That's how kids get in trouble.
I completely understand and agree with your point(s).
__________________
If I could be like that,
what would I do,
What would I do..."

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:06 PM   #15
SteelerNation12
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 264
Member Number: 15759
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Nickelodeon Promotes Sex To Young Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
Well, it all depends on what your comfortable letting your child do...so I understand some parents not wanting their kids to play games like this. They are pretty harmless though as I tried about a dozen of them out last night. They're nothing compared to the plethora of violent video games many parents let their kids play.

Like I said though, it's definitely up to the parents to check out ALL of the sites their kids are visiting...Cartoon Networks website has games linked to it that are geared towards a more mature audience as well because of Adult Swim. It's not up to Nickelodean to track what your child is doing.
I would have no problem with my kids playing Grand Theft Auto or those type games. Maybe not sex games at a young age. But come one, banning your kid from Nick because you can't watch him or have enough common sense to filter out that site.
SteelerNation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #16
supa_fly_steeler
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: They call me bruce wayne batman cape crusader
Posts: 3,647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Nickelodeon Promotes Sex To Young Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgle burgle View Post
got any pics of the teach?
no but i can describe her.

she had blonde hair, average size mellons, nice face not as good as jessica alba but a very good face for a 27-32 year old but it was her ass especially in tennis when she wore those tight tracksuit bottoms when she bent down to get the tennis balls out of the basket
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:29 PM   #17
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach
 
steelerdude15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,311
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15774
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Nickelodeon Promotes Sex To Young Children

Man, all we had was Rugrats, Hey Arnold, and stuff like that... Kids today are lucky...
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #18
GoSlash27
Team Captain
 
GoSlash27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: s t e e l u n i v e r s e . n e t
Posts: 949
Member Number: 3225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Nickelodeon Promotes Sex To Young Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerNation12 View Post
I would have no problem with my kids playing Grand Theft Auto or those type games. Maybe not sex games at a young age. But come one, banning your kid from Nick because you can't watch him or have enough common sense to filter out that site.


I look at sex ed like a firearms safety course, 'cuz that equipment they've got between their legs can ruin a lot of lives.
/knowledge is power
GoSlash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:51 PM   #19
SteelCityMom
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: Nickelodeon Promotes Sex To Young Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerNation12 View Post
I would have no problem with my kids playing Grand Theft Auto or those type games. Maybe not sex games at a young age. But come one, banning your kid from Nick because you can't watch him or have enough common sense to filter out that site.
Oh I know what you mean...it's definitely not for all kids though and it's up to the parent to decide what their child can handle it as far as violent game play goes. And they certainly need to explain some of the stuff that is going on.

There definitely need to be time limits too, because I know from first hand experience that playing GTA too long can kind of mess with you, especially if you have to drive soon after playing for hours on end lol. You kind of get the urge to speed excessively, run red lights, ram into cars and hit that lady on the corner.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts