Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #10401
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
I was so ticked off at the hockey scheduling yesterday, and not just because of the late start. The USA game started when it was posted online to start...but the Canada vs. Norway game didn't actually get televised until 8pm (which granted, was it's listed online time) yet the game had started at 7:30pm. What was being shown during the first period? Well, women's curling of course lol. They had also listed the start time of the Russia vs. Latvia game as 12:30am online and turned it on to find it well into the first period and the score already 2-0 Russia. Sorta ticked me off a bit.
The start of the Canada vs. Norway game started on MSNBC on time, then switched to NBC at 8. I believe Russia vs. Latvia started on CNBC first before switching to NBC. Check those 2 channels and USA Network first (assuming you have them) at game time if it isn't on NBC. Anyway you slice it, it's completely freaking convoluted scheduling. No wonder NBC can't carry water for CBS and ABC...or even FOX for that matter.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #10402
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

It's true. NBC still hasn't figured this stuff out.

I remember when they tried to basically make it pay-per-view with the Red, White & Blue channels/packages. Although, this may have been for the summer games.

They mixed it all up nicely, so even if you got one of the packages, you'd probably be missing some of the other more popular sports/games.

Basically, you needed to get them all.

Nice.

-Thank you for your patriotism

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
Old 02-17-2010, 02:26 PM   #10403
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
The start of the Canada vs. Norway game started on MSNBC on time, then switched to NBC at 8. I believe Russia vs. Latvia started on CNBC first before switching to NBC. Check those 2 channels and USA Network first (assuming you have them) at game time if it isn't on NBC. Anyway you slice it, it's completely freaking convoluted scheduling. No wonder NBC can't carry water for CBS and ABC...or even FOX for that matter.

Your MSNBC must be different from mine cause I was watching womens curling at 7:30 on that channel. It didn't switch to NBC for me at 8 either...that's just when MSNBC started broadcasting the game here. There was womens snowboarding cross and mens figure skating on NBC at 8pm for me. The Russia game never was on NBC for me either, just CNBC. Luge was on NBC at 12:30am for me.

I was going off the schedules I was getting from this site...http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv-listin...=IH/index.html and so far that's what I've been getting on all the channels that carry Olympic events.

I suspect that I'll be missing the start of the Sweden vs. Germany game tonight as well since the schedule on here says 8pm to 10pm on CNBC, as well as the Czech and Slovakia game that is listed as being broadcast from 12:30am - 2:30am on CNBC.

Edit: actually...looking ahead at the schedules, it seems the only games I'll be watching in entirety are the early 3pm games until the 20th, then the listings are for full games.

Last edited by SteelCityMom; 02-17-2010 at 02:46 PM.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:10 PM   #10404
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
Your MSNBC must be different from mine cause I was watching womens curling at 7:30 on that channel. It didn't switch to NBC for me at 8 either...that's just when MSNBC started broadcasting the game here. There was womens snowboarding cross and mens figure skating on NBC at 8pm for me. The Russia game never was on NBC for me either, just CNBC. Luge was on NBC at 12:30am for me.

I was going off the schedules I was getting from this site...http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv-listin...=IH/index.html and so far that's what I've been getting on all the channels that carry Olympic events.

I suspect that I'll be missing the start of the Sweden vs. Germany game tonight as well since the schedule on here says 8pm to 10pm on CNBC, as well as the Czech and Slovakia game that is listed as being broadcast from 12:30am - 2:30am on CNBC.

Edit: actually...looking ahead at the schedules, it seems the only games I'll be watching in entirety are the early 3pm games until the 20th, then the listings are for full games.
I don't know what happened for you, but MSNBC had the start of the Canada/Norway game for me, then switched coverage to NBC. I was just taking a guess on Russia/Latvia (was working last night so I couldn't watch) but I did know the game was supposed to be on CNBC for at least the start. Still though, whoever decided to do this must have been high - it's the worst scheduling I've ever seen. You'd think a network with that many stations would have better coverage. I bet you CBS, FOX or ABC wouldn't screw it up this bad.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #10405
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
I don't know what happened for you, but MSNBC had the start of the Canada/Norway game for me, then switched coverage to NBC. I was just taking a guess on Russia/Latvia (was working last night so I couldn't watch) but I did know the game was supposed to be on CNBC for at least the start. Still though, whoever decided to do this must have been high - it's the worst scheduling I've ever seen. You'd think a network with that many stations would have better coverage. I bet you CBS, FOX or ABC wouldn't screw it up this bad.
Yeah, I don't know how that works either. Maybe it's because I just have regular cable and not HD?? Maybe some of the HD channels are switching over for the hockey games is my only guess.

As of now, the Sweden/Germany game started at 7:30 (I'm guessing) on CNBC and curling is still on b/c of extra innings. Luckily something cool (snowboarding halfpipe) is on NBC right now.

And I fully agree about the coverage. You'd think with 4 available channels there wouldn't be any scheduling conflicts.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:06 AM   #10406
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

I'm loving the Olympics but I'm starting to get a serious itchin' for some Pens' hockey.

Got a ways to go before they play again, but I can't wait to see them all back on the ice where I know and recognize the lines, PK, PP, etc.

I'm missing what I know and love.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:15 AM   #10407
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
I'm loving the Olympics but I'm starting to get a serious itchin' for some Pens' hockey.

Got a ways to go before they play again, but I can't wait to see them all back on the ice where I know and recognize the lines, PK, PP, etc.

I'm missing what I know and love.
I agree! No Steelers, No Pens! I love the Olympics and seeing the Pens represent their countries, but I just want them all back in front of 17,000 fighting for the cup! 6 more days till they continue their season ughhh so long!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:33 AM   #10408
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Let's hope Crosby and Malkin both have respectful games against each other.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:30 PM   #10409
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
I agree! No Steelers, No Pens! I love the Olympics and seeing the Pens represent their countries, but I just want them all back in front of 17,000 fighting for the cup! 6 more days till they continue their season ughhh so long!
I'm enjoying the Olympics as well and I also know how many days until the Pens start up again.

Looks like I'm not alone in missing the team.

I've also noticed that 4x hasn't posted for quite some time. Anyone know why, or if he's OK?

Usually, he'd be all over what's happening in the hockey world right now since he's one of the hockey nuts on this board. Hope he is doing well and perhaps is just busy and hasn't had the time to post.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:04 AM   #10410
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
I'm enjoying the Olympics as well and I also know how many days until the Pens start up again.

Looks like I'm not alone in missing the team.

I've also noticed that 4x hasn't posted for quite some time. Anyone know why, or if he's OK?

Usually, he'd be all over what's happening in the hockey world right now since he's one of the hockey nuts on this board. Hope he is doing well and perhaps is just busy and hasn't had the time to post.
Let's just hope for the best and not worry. Sure he is just a busy person and when the Pens took a break so did he. Its ok Shea he will be back!
Closed Thread