Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #10411
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
I'm enjoying the Olympics as well and I also know how many days until the Pens start up again.

Looks like I'm not alone in missing the team.

I've also noticed that 4x hasn't posted for quite some time. Anyone know why, or if he's OK?

Usually, he'd be all over what's happening in the hockey world right now since he's one of the hockey nuts on this board. Hope he is doing well and perhaps is just busy and hasn't had the time to post.
Oh believe me - you aren't alone in missing Pens hockey. Tuesday night can't come soon enough for me! It's just so bizarre seeing our guys playing against each other.

For today, though, I'll be cheerin' on Team USA in the Gold Medal game against Team Canuck. I won't be able to watch it live as I have a prior commitment, but I'll be recording it on the DVR.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-01-2010, 08:04 AM   #10412
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Latest on Gonchar is that he has rejected 2 and 3 year deals, and has counted with 3 year, $15 million and 4 year, $18.25 million offers. So obviously he's willing to take a little less money in exchange for an extra year. Talks have apparently been put off until the end of the season, which means there is a strong possibility that he will end up leaving for another team. I understand both sides here - Gonchar wants either more money or more term, and the Pens just do not want to risk him retiring before his contract ends and then being on the hook for his cap hit if they give him a 4 year contract. Something's got to give here if Gonchar is going to be retained.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:15 AM   #10413
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Latest on Gonchar is that he has rejected 2 and 3 year deals, and has counted with 3 year, $15 million and 4 year, $18.25 million offers. So obviously he's willing to take a little less money in exchange for an extra year. Talks have apparently been put off until the end of the season, which means there is a strong possibility that he will end up leaving for another team. I understand both sides here - Gonchar wants either more money or more term, and the Pens just do not want to risk him retiring before his contract ends and then being on the hook for his cap hit if they give him a 4 year contract. Something's got to give here if Gonchar is going to be retained.
I have no doubt the Pens and Serg will reach some sort of deal at season's end. The Pens know all too well how vital Serg is to this team and how his injury absence adversely affected them last season and how his return completely turned the team around on their playoff run and winning the Cup. He loves this team and the guys too much to leave and is very close with Mario, so I'm holding out that both sides can come to an agreement.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #10414
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Per TSN.ca and Darren Dreger - the Pens have acquired D Jordan Leopold from Florida in exchange for a 2nd round pick. Not exactly the defenseman I had in mind. If they were talking to Florida, why didn't they try to get Keith Ballard instead? Nice job, Ray!

Link to TSN story
Old 03-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #10415
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

Penguins got Leopold for a 2nd rounder.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=311999
Old 03-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #10416
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Good move.

Still like to get a winger.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #10417
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Word is Goligoski is about to be traded. To whom, we don't know yet. Maybe he will fetch the winger we need.

EDIT - Unfortunately, it will not be Steve Ott - the Stars re-signed him to a 4-year extension. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=311998. Damn.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #10418
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Ehh Leopold is alright I suppose. Surprising pick for me of course, but Im just hoping we get a winger soon!

I hope Gonch gets a deal during the off season. The team knows how important he is to this team and the output he has as an offensive defense men and the top man on our PP!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #10419
HometownGal
Living Legend

I dunno - we could have done worse than Leopold. He seems to be a decent player although I'm not at all happy with his +/-.

I'd be sorry to see GoGo go (chuckle:) but if he can fetch us what we need as far as a better than average winger, I'll wish him good luck wherever he ends up.

As long as they don't trade my Serg. I would wage war if they did!

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #10420
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Word is Goligoski is about to be traded.

Mckenzie is on NHL Live right now and he's talking about Ray Whitney to the Pens.

He said he really wants to play for Pittsburgh, but Carolina's GM doesn't think Shero is offering a fair trade.
Closed Thread