Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 12:15 AM   #10491
SteelCityMom

Member Number:
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Well...very happy with the win tonight of course, but it's kind of a bummer that the Debils are up 3-0 over the Sharks going into the third. Doesn't look like we'll be taking first in the division tonight. Brodeur's in the net, so I'm not holding out much hope for a miraculous comeback.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #10492
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
I know all about Poni's history, but still...the guy has managed to score 19 goals playing on the worst team in the league
Worst team? My team may suck but they are the second worst team in the NHL lol.

As for Poni's 19 goals, somebody has to scored for the Leafs. But most of his goals are around the net, which is good for playoff type hockey. Best of luck to him. This is the next best thing to winning the lottery for him.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:20 AM   #10493
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Just got back from the game and first off have to say great win by our boys tonight and as of now 1st place in the division with a point lead over the Devils, Go Sharks!

Yes I was disappointing with the booing of Sid. They show his highlights all game and it was always boo's. Me and my friend were cheering him on the entire time, he is our captain, Canada won so don't be disrespectful to him, but Miller wow he got a massive ovation and one well deserved for the US.

Good to see Leopold play tonight. Didn't stick out in a good or bad way just played his game. I think I like the trade with Poni a lot actually. I mean we were lacking in the wing position bad and he was a good player with the worst team in the league. Now image his potential with Centers like Sid, Geno, and Staal wow im excited to see him to at it, maybe Thursday?!

The scrap with Rupp was sick. The crowd loved it and watching him rip him apart was the best. Great fight, great game, Pens come out with the W and let's make this late season push for the division and hold on!
Old 03-03-2010, 08:21 AM   #10494
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
Well...very happy with the win tonight of course, but it's kind of a bummer that the Debils are up 3-0 over the Sharks going into the third. Doesn't look like we'll be taking first in the division tonight. Brodeur's in the net, so I'm not holding out much hope for a miraculous comeback.
They almost did pull it off, but couldn't - the Devils held on to win 4-3. Dammit. That team is going to be pretty hard to catch now that they have Kovalchuk and got Clarkson back last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesburgh66 View Post
Worst team? My team may suck but they are the second worst team in the NHL lol.

As for Poni's 19 goals, somebody has to scored for the Leafs. But most of his goals are around the net, which is good for playoff type hockey. Best of luck to him. This is the next best thing to winning the lottery for him.
Oh yeah, forgot about the Oil lol...you want to talk about bad teams? I think they really are trying to "take a fall for Hall."

If all he does is go to the net and pick up the garbage, that's fine with me. You can never have enough guys who can do that. Ryan Malone got rich from doing that with the Pens. Poni is no Malone, but you get the point.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #10495
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

NHL.com is running free customization on jerseys all day, and Brooks Orpik has quickly become one of my favorite players- even before the olympics. 114 dollars for a jersy, and i just got my paycheck AND tax return.

hmm... interesting. I know i was crushed when i went to go buy a Team USA jersey last week and they didnt have them up no more, i have wanted a Team USA since watching the 96 world cup of hockey ( i was 8 then, and Tony Amonte quickly become my favorite american player, as with Chris Chelios)

anyways, to the Pens...

Looked good last night, felt really good to see Penguins play again. Liked what i saw from Leopold, think he fits our system real good.

Not sure about the Poni trade, i know that we get a guy with 19 goals AND get rid of Skoula (better news for me) but i thins out a already thin farm system when it comes to top-6 wingers. Hope Shero is looking in depth at wingers in the upcoming draft
Old 03-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #10496
WH

Member Number:

Poni trade....meh....Poni has never scored more than 25 goals in his whole career. Not the answer I thought the pens were looking for. But hey, they picked up Grandpa and Kunitz last year (neither of them a hot hot hot winger) and they won a cup, so I'm not bitching.

Someone let me know when they are selling ''Poni Express'' shirts on the Strip somewhere.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #10497
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
Poni trade....meh....Poni has never scored more than 25 goals in his whole career. Not the answer I thought the pens were looking for. But hey, they picked up Grandpa and Kunitz last year (neither of them a hot hot hot winger) and they won a cup, so I'm not bitching.

Someone let me know when they are selling ''Poni Express'' shirts on the Strip somewhere.
I'm in wait and see mode with regard to Ponikarovsky. Remember - he is used to playing with a far inferior team. I think he will do well here.

Don't you worry - if they are selling any kind of Ponikarovsky t-shirts, I'll be first in line.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-03-2010, 10:47 AM   #10498
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
They almost did pull it off, but couldn't - the Devils held on to win 4-3. Dammit. That team is going to be pretty hard to catch now that they have Kovalchuk and got Clarkson back last night.
Oh wow...didn't know the Sharks came back that much. I turned it off after the Devs went up 4-0. Too bad the Sharks couldn't have given that effort in the first 45 minutes of the game lol.

In other NHL news...I read in the paper this AM that the Thrashers have signed 48 year old Chelios to their roster, but only for depth. He'll stay with the Chicago Wolves for now, but if the Thrashers need him he can be called up. Kind of surprised he's still getting offers at his age. Dude's never going to quit lol.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nh...ory?id=4959467

Old 03-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #10499
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

We just have to wait on Ponie. Give me a break he played for a terrible team and his lines were never strong players. Coming to the Pens for sure should raise his ability playing along side Malkin, Sid, Staal whoever he should impress.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #10500
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Skoula, BTW, has been sent to the Devils for a mid-round draft pick. Wow. I didn't think they'd be able to get anything more than a box of empty Gatorade bottles for him. It now makes the Poni trade look a little more one-sided in their favor, IMO.