Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #10501
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Caputi was a 4th rd pick and is still a "prospect". People just liked him because of his name.

We kept Tangradi and our 1st - that's just as likely to give us a keeper.

So a 4th and a 2nd for Poni - who is a proven 20 goal a year winger - and Leopold - I'd call that a deal.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:33 AM   #10502
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Caputi was a 4th rd pick and is still a "prospect". People just liked him because of his name.

We kept Tangradi and our 1st - that's just as likely to give us a keeper.

So a 4th and a 2nd for Poni - who is a proven 20 goal a year winger - and Leopold - I'd call that a deal.
No, people liked him because the kid has more than enough talent to be successful in the NHL, and he was our 2nd best wing prospect. Plus, the Leopold deal looks brutal now that the Coyotes were able to acquire Derek Morris from the Bruins for a 4th rounder in the 2011 draft. They overpaid for both players.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:40 AM   #10503
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
No, people liked him because the kid has more than enough talent to be successful in the NHL, and he was our 2nd best wing prospect. Plus, the Leopold deal looks brutal now that the Coyotes were able to acquire Derek Morris from the Bruins for a 4th rounder in the 2011 draft. They overpaid for both players.
But Shero knew it would be awhile until Caputi would fit into our lines and be a consistent starter for the Pens where now he can be with another team, where Poni will fit right into the system and be playing beside Malkin in no time.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #10504
WH

Member Number:

Anyone see that they are giving Lange, Bourque, and Grove a TV show on FSN? Could this be a test run to maybe re-insert Lange and insert Bourque and Grove into game commentary?

Old 03-03-2010, 10:47 AM   #10505
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
"Overpaid"? That's a laugh. This isn't Madden hockey.

And hockey isn't football - we gave up some draft "prospects" that won't be ready to play on a top line for years on a championship team that had holes to fill NOW for another Cup run. That's how I see it.

That's how you be great.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #10506
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:

And hockey isn't football - we gave up some draft "prospects" that won't be ready to play on a top line for years on a championship team that had holes to fill NOW for another Cup run. That's how I see it.

That's how you be great.
Exactly. This trade was made for the Pens to make a run now and insert the player in the lineup as soon as possible. Caputi may have taken many more seasons until he was a starter and that is not what Shero was looking for when it came to making a cup run now.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #10507
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
Anyone see that they are giving Lange, Bourque, and Grove a TV show on FSN? Could this be a test run to maybe re-insert Lange and insert Bourque and Grove into game commentary?
No, but that's awesome! Lange shouldn't have been taken off TV in the first place. I've never liked Steigerwald and have often turned off the TV and turned up the radio. I'll be tuning in when they're on.

Quote:

That's how you be great.
I'm also not a big believer in mortgaging the future to win now, especially when the organization doesn't have any depth whatsoever at wing after Tangradi. We wouldn't have to keep adding wingers at the trade deadline if we had a couple of young guys who can score.

Anyway, whatever. The deals have been made, so that's that. None of this will matter anyway if they win the Cup again.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #10508
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

Quote:
Skoula, BTW, has been sent to the Devils for a mid-round draft pick. Wow. I didn't think they'd be able to get anything more than a box of empty Gatorade bottles for him. It now makes the Poni trade look a little more one-sided in their favor, IMO.
So the Skoula era has come to a close in Toronto. Man, we hardly knew you LMAO.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #10509
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
No, but that's awesome! Lange shouldn't have been taken off TV in the first place. I've never liked Steigerwald and have often turned off the TV and turned up the radio. I'll be tuning in when they're on.

I'm also not a big believer in mortgaging the future to win now, especially when the organization doesn't have any depth whatsoever at wing after Tangradi. We wouldn't have to keep adding wingers at the trade deadline if we had a young guy who can score.

Anyway, whatever. The deals have been made, so that's that. None of this will matter anyway if they win the Cup again.
And Poni is young at 29 and can score goals with a bad team so Im sure he can score goals with a great core of players and a top of the league center for sure, but agreed it's been made now let's see how it plays out.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #10510
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

Quote:
I'm also not a big believer in mortgaging the future to win now, especially when the organization doesn't have any depth whatsoever at wing after Tangradi. We wouldn't have to keep adding wingers at the trade deadline if we had a young guy who can score.
I agree. Sooner or later, this does catch up with you.
Closed Thread