Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 03-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #21
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325
Default Re: CB Cromartie for 3rd round pick????

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Michael Vick was a Pro Bowler once too. I simply don't have any respect for defensive players who refuse to tackle - I never had any for Deion Sanders either. Hell, people were ready to run Jeff Reed out of town on a rail over his half-assed attempts at tackling, but yet we should pick up a player whose job description actually includes tackling and makes about as much effort as Reed to do so? Sorry, I don't think it's any great loss.
I understand where ur coming from! When Gay was trucked by AP....I didn't like that one bit!!!! But look for a 3rd rounder I believe that he was a really good bargain to.the jets for only a 3rd rounder!!!! But again he did have a big ass contract and that's probably why a lot of teams didn't jump on it! Honeslty.do.u really think the Jets passing D isn't upgraded with the addition of Cromartie?....I know he's a big ass liability in the running game....ill give u that n that's why the chargers practically gave his ass away for a 3rd round pick!
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #22
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
No big loss in my book Colbert has a plan for what he is going to do on the corner position. If I had to guess it will be through the draft.
You're absolutely right! I think they will take a CB in the 1st or 2nd round....If haden falls(which mostlikely won't happen) then draft him but if they go after Wilson then they should trade down n get some extra picks! But I would perfer them to draft CB Chris Cook out of Virginia in the 2nd round.....what do u think???
Old 03-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #23
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,185 Times in 1,486 Posts

Crowmartie will become the FS or #3 CB for the Jets. As a FS he will not have to support run game, but rather patrol center field and let Jim Leonard support the run. The Jets just got younger and faster in the secondary as opposed to Kerry Rhodes.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #24
7willBheaven
Starter

Member Number: 13312

Quote:
Originally Posted by taztroy43 View Post
Can you elaborate more on this please....I don't get it.......what do you mean???

I think the highest compensatory pick is a 3rd rounder not a second if thats what you mean!.....

Its not a comp pick...comp picks are picks awarded to teams by the NFL when a team loses a player via free agency based on their playing time/etc with their new team..comp picks cannot be traded either. SD would not get ANY comp picks for Cro based on he was not a FA that signed elsewhere.

The Jets traded their ACTUAL 2011 3rd round pick...which depending on Cro's performance can turn into a 2nd rounder. For example...things like starting all 16 reg season games...having so many tackles or INT's...etc (these are not exacts of the deal..just examples)...can turn it into the Chargers getting the Jets 2nd round pick in 2011 and not their 3rd. A lot of teams do these type of trades...where they are willing to give up either said pick...but if the player dont perform as they'd like they dont have to give up the higher pick.

Heres a quote from NFL.com also..

"NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reported the trade, and the Jets later confirmed the deal to The Associated Press but didn't release specifics. According to La Canfora, the Chargers will receive at least a third-round selection in 2011, and it could become a second-round pick, depending on Cromartie's performance."

Hope that clears it up.
7willBheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #25
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Member Number: 5141

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
No it's not a poor take. It could have an effect growing up. They won't be married and the kid will never know what a true marriage is instead of growing up with a mum and dad he has to see one very often and not very often. And it could have its psychological effects.
I was not talking about the kids. I was talking about Cromartie himself at least he can afford to care for all those kids.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:30 PM   #26
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
Its not a comp pick...comp picks are picks awarded to teams by the NFL when a team loses a player via free agency based on their playing time/etc with their new team..comp picks cannot be traded either. SD would not get ANY comp picks for Cro based on he was not a FA that signed elsewhere.

The Jets traded their ACTUAL 2011 3rd round pick...which depending on Cro's performance can turn into a 2nd rounder. For example...things like starting all 16 reg season games...having so many tackles or INT's...etc (these are not exacts of the deal..just examples)...can turn it into the Chargers getting the Jets 2nd round pick in 2011 and not their 3rd. A lot of teams do these type of trades...where they are willing to give up either said pick...but if the player dont perform as they'd like they dont have to give up the higher pick.

Heres a quote from NFL.com also..

"NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reported the trade, and the Jets later confirmed the deal to The Associated Press but didn't release specifics. According to La Canfora, the Chargers will receive at least a third-round selection in 2011, and it could become a second-round pick, depending on Cromartie's performance."

Hope that clears it up.
Lol ur right it was a trade idk what I was thinking!!!! Well anyways thanks for that....so I guess after all he wouldn't be worth it!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #27
Chidi29
Starter

Member Number: 15832

Cromartie would be a horrible fit for us. Our corners don't have to be the biggest playmakers, when was the last time we had one, but they have to be willing and good tacklers. That's what allows us to give the cushion that we do.
Chidi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:28 AM   #28
Merchant
Team Captain

Member Number: 15019

We don't need that scum bag on our team.. 7 kids with 5 different women at age 25 at that is disgusting..

and Supa_Fly why on earth do u have william gay of all people in your sig LOL
Old 03-06-2010, 12:31 AM   #29
SteelerNation12
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15759

Cromartie is an idiot literally. He will take forever to pick up that defense and isn't a team player. I can't wait to see Rex Ryan lay into him over his antics.
SteelerNation12 is offline   Reply With Quote