Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-01-2006, 08:19 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,847 Times in 4,489 Posts
Default Re: What is holding up the NFL CBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
This is a 3 way dispute between filthy rich owners, owners who are only very rich, and rich players.

Excuse me for having a hard time finding much sympathy for any of those groups.

This dispute is all about greed, with each side trying to portray itself as the victim.

This is the sports negotiations equivalent of World War I - once actions start to occur (e.g. - Denver cutting 3 starters today, an action I do not believe can simply be reversed) it is going to be difficult to stop the cascade of cuts that are going to gut a lot of teams.

An illustration of how screwed up this situation has become is that a messed up franchise like the Vikiings has the most cap room to buy up salary cap cuts. Only bright point for me at this point is that Danny Snyder (the face of all that is wrong with the new generation of NFL owners to me) is going to have to watch some major cuts on the Redskins.
the average player has nothing to gain from this whole ordeal. although the players union would have us believe so. its like a major tax cut for the filthy rich under the guise that it will be beneficial for everyone involved.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:28 PM   #12
Milkman
Starter

Member Number: 1055

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motley Nate
Ridiculous, isn't it? 3.8%

Suddenly Tagliabue, Upshaw and the boys are acting like Cleveland Browns management.

Us against the world...STILL!
Bring it suckas!
Milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,847 Times in 4,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
hmmmm.......hasn't that been done????
lol. well my intentions wasnt really meant to equate it to trickle down economics, but i do believe that the majority extra money proposed will wind up in the hands of the jamal, and ray lewis's and t.o.s of the world. really i dont think it will be that bad, but those making the minimum will still be making the minimum and i think alot of money would probably be wasted on inflated free agent prospects. teams like the steelers would benefit though. so would teams like the pats and eagles cause they have proven to be pretty fiscally responsible and i dont think they would blow their money any more than they do now.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:14 PM   #14
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
the average player has nothing to gain from this whole ordeal. although the players union would have us believe so. its like a major tax cut for the filthy rich under the guise that it will be beneficial for everyone involved.
Well, that depends. If common sense broke out, the rookie cap would benefit virtually every other player in the NFL who AREN'T rookies. The money wasted on unproven rookies would trickle UP to the most deserving players, like veteren lineman and such. Really, everyone wins. If you have star power, you get endorsements as you wait for the big salary. Look at LeBron James. You think he cares that he only makes a few million a year from the Cavs? He's already one of the top 5 players in the NBA, and he makes more jack in endorsements than he probably ever will in salary.

Prove you are worth it. Easy.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote