Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #61
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend
 
Dino 6 Rings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arkansas (formerly New Jersey)
Posts: 8,279
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6891
Thanks: 32
Thanked 106 Times in 58 Posts
Default Re: Who will battle for the North in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Ok man...keep sniffing your own farts. Steelers have won the division 4 times, Ravens and Bengals have each won it twice. Does any of what you say even matter? Btw, the Bengals do care about beating the Ravens because they have been a successful team as well, and the Browns definitely care A LOT about beating the Ravens. And now, the Ravens and Steelers both care a lot about beating the Bengals, because they just swept both of them.
Oh, so you want to only count the division as the AFC North and not include the Central as well? really?

Is that because you're following a new team? I mean, really? is that what you are counting, just the "new" AFC North and completely ignore any history in the division?

Really? Here's a fact Larry, 17-11 that's the Steelers Record over your Ravens. Oh and for the record, the Ravens, have NEVER beaten the Steelers in the Playoffs, in fact, a team from Baltimore has never beaten the Steelers in the Playoffs, go look up the Colts if you want.

Here's another Fact Larry, NONE of the teams in the AFC North as it currently stands with the Ravens, Browns and Bengals, none of them, have ever beaten the Steelers in a Playoff Game. Why is that do you think? Maybe because those three other teams aren't even in the playoffs often enough to face us. And when they do get there, we whoop them.

23-14 over the Ravens in 08
31-17 over the Bengals in 05
36-33 over the Browns in 02
27-10 over the Ravens in 01
29-9 over the Browns in 94

I'll wait for you to point out the Ravens Playoff wins over the Steelers, oh wait, my bad, you can't do it because it has never happened.
__________________
SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have?
Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Boys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Skins 3, Raiders 3, Pats 3, Broncos 2, Fins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2 Bears 1,Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Seahawks 1, Saints1
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #62
Larry
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 139
Member Number: 15605
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Who will battle for the North in 2010?

Does any of this matter? I already knew all of your fun facts, but you can go ahead and keep drawing the conclusion that the Steelers are invincible based on small sample sizes and old teams. All I said was that it isn't a foregone conclusion that the Steelers are the best team in the division, and two playoff wins over the Ravens doesn't really establish a trend. Also, other teams have rivalries that don't include the Steelers, it's not like other teams only care about beating one team. What about the Ravens Colts rivalry, the Colts have beaten them like 8 times in a row. I bet that a lot of older Ravens fans care more about that.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #63
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend
 
Dino 6 Rings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arkansas (formerly New Jersey)
Posts: 8,279
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6891
Thanks: 32
Thanked 106 Times in 58 Posts
Default Re: Who will battle for the North in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Does any of this matter? I already knew all of your fun facts, but you can go ahead and keep drawing the conclusion that the Steelers are invincible based on small sample sizes and old teams. All I said was that it isn't a foregone conclusion that the Steelers are the best team in the division, and two playoff wins over the Ravens doesn't really establish a trend. Also, other teams have rivalries that don't include the Steelers, it's not like other teams only care about beating one team. What about the Ravens Colts rivalry, the Colts have beaten them like 8 times in a row. I bet that a lot of older Ravens fans care more about that.
Right, I suspect Ray Lewis will be wearing his "I hate the Colts" t-shirt to camp this year.

I do not declare the Steelers Invincible, in fact, I'm pretty sure I pointed out their lackluster performance against dog teams this past season already and pretty sure I called them a bunch of AHOLES for losing those games.

However, I do believe, we are doing well enough in Free Agency to compensate for the areas we lacked in last season and also signing our Studs to long term contracts keeping them on the roster going into next season. All this points to the Steelers rebounding, not going down. They were a 9 win team last year, 2-4 in division, horrible, but I suspect they will do better this year, and seriously doubt the Bengals will sweep the division again. Therefore I conclude the Steelers are in the best position, to take back the Division. That is the trend. They lose it, to one of the other three teams, get it back, hold it, lose it again to a different of the three teams, get it back, hold it, lose it again to another of the 3 other teams.

None of those other teams ever seems to hold it very long, and its always the Steelers taking it back.
__________________
SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have?
Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Boys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Skins 3, Raiders 3, Pats 3, Broncos 2, Fins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2 Bears 1,Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Seahawks 1, Saints1
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #64
Larry
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 139
Member Number: 15605
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Who will battle for the North in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
They lose it, to one of the other three teams, get it back, hold it, lose it again to a different of the three teams, get it back, hold it, lose it again to another of the 3 other teams.
I can point to multiple instances of that not happening. Whatever, this is pointless. I never disagreed that the Steelers have been the most successful, I just think your trend spotting is a little silly.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #65
Crow-Magnon
Team Captain
 
Crow-Magnon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Abingdon, MD
Posts: 720
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9500
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Who will battle for the North in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Right, I suspect Ray Lewis will be wearing his "I hate the Colts" t-shirt to camp this year.

I do not declare the Steelers Invincible, in fact, I'm pretty sure I pointed out their lackluster performance against dog teams this past season already and pretty sure I called them a bunch of AHOLES for losing those games.

However, I do believe, we are doing well enough in Free Agency to compensate for the areas we lacked in last season and also signing our Studs to long term contracts keeping them on the roster going into next season. All this points to the Steelers rebounding, not going down. They were a 9 win team last year, 2-4 in division, horrible, but I suspect they will do better this year, and seriously doubt the Bengals will sweep the division again. Therefore I conclude the Steelers are in the best position, to take back the Division. That is the trend. They lose it, to one of the other three teams, get it back, hold it, lose it again to a different of the three teams, get it back, hold it, lose it again to another of the 3 other teams.

None of those other teams ever seems to hold it very long, and its always the Steelers taking it back.
It wasn't Ray; it was Suggs.

Actually, your post a few posts ago has a lot of merit. I do believe that, in the long run, year after the year the team that the Ravens, Bengals and Browns aim to beat is the Steelers. I'll freely admit that. They have the track record over the long haul that gives them that right to normally be the team to beat.

And I think the Ravens are normally second, the Bengals a distant third and the Browns are an afterthought.
Crow-Magnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #66
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,662
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 290
Thanked 1,407 Times in 510 Posts
Default Re: Who will battle for the North in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
was "supa" finally sniffed out as former banned member "Koopa"?
Unless Koopa moved to the U.K., no.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #67
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,715
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,433
Thanked 11,077 Times in 4,581 Posts
Default Re: Who will battle for the North in 2010?

koopa was a college student in SA (supa- formerly SA currently UK)

nobody pimped UT players harder than koopa (other than supa)

nobody tried to type in ghetto slang and internet shorthand more than koopa (other than supa)

nobody posted more rap videos and lyrics other than koopa- who also started the 1st 'what are you listening to' thread (other than koopa)

the only clues missing were the san antonio spurs sig and anouncing he was of mexican decent.

(if koopa were banned from wahooville around the same time supa joined, it would be a dead give away.)

then again i definitely wouldnt be suprised that 2 people could easilly be so cliche.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:41 PM   #68
Ravnet
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 382
Member Number: 13288
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Who will battle for the North in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Maybe because those three other teams aren't even in the playoffs often enough to face us.
Maybe because you pride yourself on a football team which you have no control over whatsoever?

The Steelers and Ravens have made the playoffs an equal number of times in the past decade, and Pittsburgh has just one more playoff win than Baltimore, so a.) the quoted statement is 100% false, and b.) winning the division isn't that damn important as is evidenced by the fact that Pittsburgh/Baltimore have almost identical playoff appearances/records.

Quote:
Right, I suspect Ray Lewis will be wearing his "I hate the Colts" t-shirt to camp this year.
Ray didn't wear that shirt, it was Suggs, which is like the difference between Ben and Willie Parker.
Ravnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #69
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend
 
Dino 6 Rings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arkansas (formerly New Jersey)
Posts: 8,279
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6891
Thanks: 32
Thanked 106 Times in 58 Posts
Default Re: Who will battle for the North in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnet View Post
Maybe because you pride yourself on a football team which you have no control over whatsoever?

The Steelers and Ravens have made the playoffs an equal number of times in the past decade, and Pittsburgh has just one more playoff win than Baltimore, so a.) the quoted statement is 100% false, and b.) winning the division isn't that damn important as is evidenced by the fact that Pittsburgh/Baltimore have almost identical playoff appearances/records.



Ray didn't wear that shirt, it was Suggs, which is like the difference between Ben and Willie Parker.
Suggs, Ray Ray, whatever, it was a "hate the Steelers" shirt and pretty sure Boldin already said he can't wait to play the Steelers and pretty sure that Mr Blindside even mentioned playing against the Steelers over any of the other 2 teams in the AFCN when he first got to Baltimore.

100% False?

Baltimore became the Ravens in 1996. Since then they have been in the playoffs 6 Times. They are 8-5 in the playoffs. With 1 SB Win in 2000.

Since 1996 The Steelers have been in the playoffs 8 times. They are 12-6 in that same time period in the Playoffs.

The Browns, since 1996 only 1 time, 2002, and they are 0-1 in the Playoffs since they came back to the League, and that 1 loss, to the Steelers.

The Bengals, since 1996, 2 times in the playoffs, they are 0-2.


Do Fuzzy Math all you want. My point is 100% Valid. They aren't in as often as the Steelers. What we have is one team, since 1996 in the playoffs 8 times, with 12 wins and the other 3, since 1996 in the playoffs 9 times with a total of 8 wins for all 3.

So the Ravens are clearly the biggest competition for the Steelers each season as being the better of the other 3 teams in the AFCN. I don't deny that the Ravens are clearly, #2 in the AFCN. But as pointed out, and as proven to be Factual 100% the team to beat every year, in the AFC North for the other 3 teams is the Pittsburgh Steelers. To deny this fact, is to be ignorant.

I've already posted basically the entire Log of the Teams. And in case you are really interested, only 1 team in the NFL has more Playoff Wins than the Steelers. That would be the Dallas Cowboys. Historically, the Steelers have 31 Playoff wins, combined the Ravens, Browns, Bengals have 23.

The Steelers also have the 2nd highest winning percentage in the Playoffs in the History of the NFL only .005 points behind the Green Bay Packers. Packers are 25-15 in the Playoffs at .625, the Steelers are 31-29 .620.

Yeah, I have a fanatical pride in a team that I have "no control" over, so what? That's why I'm on a Steelers Online Message Board talking to other fans. Enjoying my time, and my life, as I grow watching a Franchise grow and change over the years, having moments of Joy and Saddness, and sharing those moments with total strangers year after year after year. Raising my children to "cheer" on that same team they have "no control over" Yes, its true. I'm a total nut job fan.

But I also know facts. And the Facts are that the Steelers are the Team to beat in the AFCN Every Single Freaking Year.
__________________
SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have?
Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Boys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Skins 3, Raiders 3, Pats 3, Broncos 2, Fins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2 Bears 1,Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Seahawks 1, Saints1
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #70
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Who will battle for the North in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Yeah, I have a fanatical pride in a team that I have "no control" over, so what? That's why I'm on a Steelers Online Message Board talking to other fans. Enjoying my time, and my life, as I grow watching a Franchise grow and change over the years, having moments of Joy and Saddness, and sharing those moments with total strangers year after year after year. Raising my children to "cheer" on that same team they have "no control over" Yes, its true. I'm a total nut job fan.
I call LIAR! LIAR! if you are anything like me, the word "CHEER" doesn't do your raising of said children any justice. While there may not be a better word, "CHEER" definitely doesn't do it well.
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts