Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #11
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: Ny Jets gets first Monday Night game

This is no big deal, IMHO. But if the Giants open SNF, I think the Jets will have a legit beef.

They have always been a second class citizen in the NYC area. They have been the NFL's version of the Mets.

For years they played in Giants Stadium. They have put in equal money for the new Meadowlands Stadium and they had the better season last year. So I hope the Giants are going to get the normal 4pm NFL game opening week.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #12
TheWarDen86
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,008 Times in 1,285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
This is no big deal, IMHO. But if the Giants open SNF, I think the Jets will have a legit beef.

They have always been a second class citizen in the NYC area. They have been the NFL's version of the Mets.

For years they played in Giants Stadium. They have put in equal money for the new Meadowlands Stadium and they had the better season last year. So I hope the Giants are going to get the normal 4pm NFL game opening week.
The Giants ( and NJ) built Giants Stadium. The Jets wanted to move to NYC 2 years ago but failed to do so.

Please. I would have no issues with the Jets playing the first ever game in the new stadium if not for the fact that the Giants got screwed out of closing the stadium with their damn name on it. Now I'm glad that the first game ever played in the new Meadowlands Stadium will be played by the Giants.

Screw the Jets.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:34 PM   #13
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
The Giants ( and NJ) built Giants Stadium. The Jets wanted to move to NYC 2 years ago but failed to do so.

Please. I would have no issues with the Jets playing the first ever game in the new stadium if not for the fact that the Giants got screwed out of closing the stadium with their damn name on it. Now I'm glad that the first game ever played in the new Meadowlands Stadium will be played by the Giants.

Screw the Jets.
How did the Giants get screwed out of closing the stadium? The NFL schedule is a random thing. Nobody in the NFL said "hehehe, lets screw the Giants by letting the Jets close out Giants Stadium".

At least Giants Stadium got closed out with a win. The Giants closed out their time at the stadium with a loss.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #14
TheWarDen86
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,008 Times in 1,285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
How did the Giants get screwed out of closing the stadium? The NFL schedule is a random thing. Nobody in the NFL said "hehehe, lets screw the Giants by letting the Jets close out Giants Stadium".

At least Giants Stadium got closed out with a win. The Giants closed out their time at the stadium with a loss.
If it's so random then why the coin toss for the new stadium? They could have made sure the Giants closed out their stadium and they didn't, thus screwing them out of the opportunity. The only SB champs that Giants Stadium ever knew was the New York Giants, I might add.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:44 AM   #15
Venom
Team Captain

Member Number: 13824

It looks like the opening night game on Thursday Night will be Vikings @ Saints . More to come this afternoon
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote