Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-21-2010, 01:10 AM   #81
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,806 Times in 4,471 Posts
Default Re: College Basketball 2009-2010

well the UNM lobos completely screwed the pooch in embarrassing fashion. it is obvious they were way overrated with their #8 ranking at the end of the season. it was shown in their last 3 games.

im not sure if it is because they are so young and relatively inexperienced on the big stage, or if they got caught up in the hype and started believing their ranking and national attention.

if its the latter, i hope they leaned that being the shit in mountain west bb dont mean jack, and can make a return attempt next season.

PITT is the only horse i got left.

go st marys!
Old 03-21-2010, 11:41 PM   #82
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
We may have to start raising money to bail him out of jail
Let's just say I managed to avoid jail, although I'll be lucky to get my voice back before the next round. I am rarely awake at 9 a.m. on a Saturday, much less drinking Olde English "800" in the parking lot at a tailgate party. I cannot even begin to describe the pandemonium that was taking place there, except I vaguely remember being bear-hugged by a bunch of random strangers ... some 70-year-old priest puming his fists in the air and yelling like Randy "Macho Man" Savage as the clock hit 0:00 ... and them clanging the big church bell that they use like once a decade (I think the last time they used it was when the pope died). Then going to the liquor store and they were nearly sold out of everything. The rest is pretty self-explanatory. Man. Time to get ready for Baylor.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:27 AM   #83
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774

Well... Pitt, it was a good run, I wish you guys luck next year and will be there cheering for you when it's that time again.
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:27 AM   #84
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

The Buckeyes road to the Final Four seems to have gotten a good bit easier with the early departures of Kansas, Pitt, and Georgetown. I think of the money I could have made by going with the homer pick instead of going with the "sure thing". lol. Anyone looking for a severly busted bracket? Anyone???
Old 03-22-2010, 03:40 AM   #85
SteelerNation12
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15759

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx View Post
The Buckeyes road to the Final Four seems to have gotten a good bit easier with the early departures of Kansas, Pitt, and Georgetown. I think of the money I could have made by going with the homer pick instead of going with the "sure thing". lol. Anyone looking for a severly busted bracket? Anyone???
It was blown up in one day when Nova and Kansas went down.
I didn't wanna go with the homer pick either. I thought we would lose to GT
SteelerNation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #86
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Let's just say I managed to avoid jail, although I'll be lucky to get my voice back before the next round. I am rarely awake at 9 a.m. on a Saturday, much less drinking Olde English "800" in the parking lot at a tailgate party. I cannot even begin to describe the pandemonium that was taking place there, except I vaguely remember being bear-hugged by a bunch of random strangers ... some 70-year-old priest puming his fists in the air and yelling like Randy "Macho Man" Savage as the clock hit 0:00 ... and them clanging the big church bell that they use like once a decade (I think the last time they used it was when the pope died). Then going to the liquor store and they were nearly sold out of everything. The rest is pretty self-explanatory. Man. Time to get ready for Baylor.
I watched that whole game and i was impressed. Like i said before that Omar Samhan is a beast and all of your austrailan players are scrappy and tough. #32 (Mcdonald?) is a flat out shooter and that #4 point gaurd made some good plays.

Go St. Marys! lol
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #87
Nadroj 20
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
Well... Pitt, it was a good run, I wish you guys luck next year and will be there cheering for you when it's that time again.
A very young team that should be better next season They have some nice recruits coming in (I. Epps and C. Wright) and i think Taylor will be better next season with his frosh year under his belt.

To the seniors Jermaine Dixon and Chase Adams thanks for everything
Old 03-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #88
Nadroj 20
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx View Post
Nope got one sitting right next to me
Old 03-22-2010, 06:50 PM   #89
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
I watched that whole game and i was impressed. Like i said before that Omar Samhan is a beast and all of your austrailan players are scrappy and tough. #32 (Mcdonald?) is a flat out shooter and that #4 point gaurd made some good plays.

Go St. Marys! lol
I swear to god, Omar Samhan is Bald Bull. I could never quite put a finger on what made him so recognizable, but that's it. He's Bald freaking Bull. He gets the ball in the low block, I half expect him to do a headfake and a right uppercut.

Anyway ... when I was no longer drunk on Sunday, I noticed there were, like, a TON of Cinderella teams to go along with us. Northern Iowa, Cornell ... I mean, dang! This is a banner year. Usually we're down to two or three after the first round, and you're lucky if one makes it to the Sweet 16. This is not counting teams like Washington or Butler or Xavier, by the way, who everyone already kind of knew could be good. Hard to beat this year for teams coming out of nowhere.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:43 PM   #90
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Any chance Denis Clemente will be in the NBA next year?
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote