Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #301
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend
 
Dino 6 Rings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arkansas (formerly New Jersey)
Posts: 8,248
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6891
Thanks: 17
Thanked 57 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
I read somewhere that the Rock is supposed to be around all Summer long-

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...l-he-feud-with
Geesh, I was kidding...McMahon pulling back the Rock is a direct attempt to deflect away from the Biggest Star in the Sports history, Hulk Hogan. No Doubt About It.
__________________
SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have?
Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Pats 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2 Bears 1,Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints1
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:45 PM   #302
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Geesh, I was kidding...McMahon pulling back the Rock is a direct attempt to deflect away from the Biggest Star in the Sports history, Hulk Hogan. No Doubt About It.
Both have mega draws, but with Hogan as recently as last year being at WM, there's a good chance that with The Rock not being in wrestling for the last several years could prove to be a field leveler for TNA's beginning challenges against the WWE.

Eventually, McMahon will run out of things to battle TNA and he'll either have to put together a better roster or start losing his ratings.
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:51 AM   #303
WH
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post

Eventually, McMahon will run out of things to battle TNA and he'll either have to put together a better roster or start losing his ratings.
McMahon could crush TNA at the drop of a hat with his current roster.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #304
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
McMahon could crush TNA at the drop of a hat with his current roster.
And TNA could challenge WWE with their roster, but neither of them are utilizing their rosters to the full potential. There is a part of me that thinks Vince and the WWE have gotten complacent in their position of the wrestling world that they believe they are untouchable.

But let's face it, I can't think of many more story lines that can be imagined without having a hint of Been There - Done That over the past 20 years. The turns, the heels, the do-gooders, etc, doesn't matter if you've been watching wrestling long enough you've pretty much seen it all. Case in point, who here remembers when the older Rhodes son(can't remember his name) turned on his father and joined the 4 Horsemen? I mean pretty much any scenario has been done, but now the creativity comes to how do you make the old look new? I don't believe Vince has the writers or the imagination and I think TNA is still trying to solidfy it's roster before they can get to that level of imagination - let alone they need some younger talent to carry the show. The whole Wolf Pack thing gets old and is very much overplayed. And I got tired of watching Flair wrestle when he was in the WWE.
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #305
touchdownward
Team President
Supporter
 
touchdownward's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,011
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3188
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
And TNA could challenge WWE with their roster, but neither of them are utilizing their rosters to the full potential. There is a part of me that thinks Vince and the WWE have gotten complacent in their position of the wrestling world that they believe they are untouchable.

But let's face it, I can't think of many more story lines that can be imagined without having a hint of Been There - Done That over the past 20 years. The turns, the heels, the do-gooders, etc, doesn't matter if you've been watching wrestling long enough you've pretty much seen it all. Case in point, who here remembers when the older Rhodes son(can't remember his name) turned on his father and joined the 4 Horsemen? I mean pretty much any scenario has been done, but now the creativity comes to how do you make the old look new? I don't believe Vince has the writers or the imagination and I think TNA is still trying to solidfy it's roster before they can get to that level of imagination - let alone they need some younger talent to carry the show. The whole Wolf Pack thing gets old and is very much overplayed. And I got tired of watching Flair wrestle when he was in the WWE.
I believe it was Dustin (who also is Goldust and for a very brief period in WCW, Seven). Yeah, I remember the turn. I know what ya mean about the storylines being already done, I've watched wrestling since the late 70s. It's all so very predictable now.
__________________


Blah!
touchdownward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:50 AM   #306
WH
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Now THAT is how you do a PPV.

Last edited by WH; 03-29-2010 at 08:17 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #307
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchdownward View Post
I believe it was Dustin (who also is Goldust and for a very brief period in WCW, Seven). Yeah, I remember the turn. I know what ya mean about the storylines being already done, I've watched wrestling since the late 70s. It's all so very predictable now.
Dustin was the younger of the two brothers. Doing a quick google search, it came to me Barry Windham. I thought they played him as Rhodes' son back in the day but he's not listed as such.
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #308
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend
 
Dino 6 Rings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arkansas (formerly New Jersey)
Posts: 8,248
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6891
Thanks: 17
Thanked 57 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

What they need to do, (both organizations) is more Heel vs Heel matchups and more Face vs Face matchups. The Undertaker vs Michaels match was the headliner of Wrestlemania (just read about the entire match online) anyway, apparently the crowd loved it. Why? No BS, basically to Faces going at it with everything on the line. Kind of like the Legendary Hogan vs Warrior Match. Legendary because both were Faces at the time.

Even the older Kane vs Taker matches were classic because they were both Bad Guys rocking each other for 30 mins kicking each other's arse all over the place.

They need more of that. Give me Face vs Face. Give me Heel vs Heel. Give me Road Warrios vs Demolition, or Demolition vs Powers of Pain. Give me those classic no story crap matches, just good matches.

I don't need Good Guy vs Bad Guy, or Face vs Heel, I want best vs the best. Even if its a tourney, and it ends up with Two Faces at the end or Two Heels.

I don't even know who is what anymore...but when you watch it, you can tell by the way a Heel calls the Crowd "bunch of losers" and the Face always "I love you guys" give me two "I love you guys" Wrestlers battling it out with a triple tag match of "We Hate you Losers" Guys beating the snot out of each other for the Title Belts. Heck Yeah!
__________________
SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have?
Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Pats 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2 Bears 1,Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints1
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #309
WH
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

It's sad, but with how the crowds are going...Cena v. Orton AGAIN is looking like a good match for the crowd. Since Orton is apparently the Stone Cold-esque face now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #310
WH
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

June 7th. If you Smell what He's cookin'.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts