Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-01-2006, 05:32 PM   #31
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,817 Times in 2,687 Posts
Default Re: Cowher.....Don't Panic

I agree Cowher probably has no interest in coaching for anyone other than the Steelers, but assume he has a life outside of football and that his wife is not planning to file for divorce.

If anyone else caught the Steve Sabol NFL Network interview with Cowher & his family he appeared to be a very devoted Dad.

With his second daughter graduating from high school this year, his youngest daughter, a ninth grader, will be home full time for only 3 more years.

If the Cowhers move to Raleigh this summer, his youngest daughter (who is interviewing at a private school in suburban Raleigh today, presumably not for admission in 2 years) will be spending football season in North Carolina. If his daughter will be spending that time in Raleigh then his wife will be spending that time in Raleigh.

Take off your Steeler hats and think about being a husband and/or father. If you were financially set for life and had reached the peak of your profession, would you want to spend the next three years of your life working and living in one city while your family was 500 miles away during the period from training camp until the season ends?
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:52 PM   #32
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
maybe he bought the house for his daughter..........
That's what I'm thinking, thus, she is a "resident" when she attends school in Raleigh. I truly don't think Coach Cowher has any immediate plans to leave our beloved Steelers.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:00 PM   #33
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,209 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
I agree Cowher probably has no interest in coaching for anyone other than the Steelers, but assume he has a life outside of football and that his wife is not planning to file for divorce.

If anyone else caught the Steve Sabol NFL Network interview with Cowher & his family he appeared to be a very devoted Dad.

With his second daughter graduating from high school this year, his youngest daughter, a ninth grader, will be home full time for only 3 more years.

If the Cowhers move to Raleigh this summer, his youngest daughter (who is interviewing at a private school in suburban Raleigh today, presumably not for admission in 2 years) will be spending football season in North Carolina. If his daughter will be spending that time in Raleigh then his wife will be spending that time in Raleigh.

Take off your Steeler hats and think about being a husband and/or father. If you were financially set for life and had reached the peak of your profession, would you want to spend the next three years of your life working and living in one city while your family was 500 miles away during the period from training camp until the season ends?
you bring up great points atlanta dan. cowher was lucky to last 5 or so years in the nfl as a special teamer. just that was probably making more money than he ever hoped for or dreamed of. cowher has made millions that i bet he never expected or really set himself to achieve. he is a blue collar type of guy and could be just as happy being a family man living off 75,ooo a year. money is most definitely not his motivation and i bet he has so much he dont know what to do with it all. i bet hes freaking out just buying a 2.5 million dollar home. he would be just as happy in a $150,000 home. this does make it easier to walk away if he wants. i bet you anything his wife and daughters wouldnt want that for him though.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:05 AM   #34
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Maybe that is why Wiz is still around as off Coord . . . maybe he is the next in line as the head coach . . . or maybe I am just speculating cause it is boring today and I am hoping the CBA gets extended tonight so things can get going with the NFL
Rotorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:30 AM   #35
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

It makes me a bit nervous, but hey its his life. I can`t see a HC, not living in the city of his team, a player Yes. But Cowhers job is year round.We won the Superbowl just 3 weeks ago, and its already been free agency, draft, combines etc.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:43 AM   #36
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,817 Times in 2,687 Posts

Sounds like they are definitely moving to Raleigh.

"Lindsay, the Cowher's youngest daughter who is a freshman at Fox Chapel High School, has told schoolmates that she will be moving soon to North Carolina."

Cowher declined to speak directly to the P-G but said through a spokesman the house was purchased early last fall.

Commuter marriages are tough to work through - making the move while he is still coaching is puzzling but it's his life to lead so good luck to the Cowhers on working it out.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06061/663413.stm
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:36 AM   #37
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

"Having the [new] house doesn't mean he's leaving here or changing his focus on the team," Lockett related. "He has not given any indication to the club about that. [Buying the house] was something they wanted to do, and they did it and it happened to be the same year we won the Super Bowl."

That should put most of the speculation to rest for now.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 03-02-2006 at 04:08 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:17 PM   #38
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Here's an update:
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06061/663413.stm

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:36 PM   #39
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

That should settle the unrest.

I guess the hysteria and hyperbole is gonna be a lot worse this year because we won the SB...and that kinda sucks. I saw some pretty intelligent people buy into Cowher quitting in this thread, so God only knows what weird rumours we'll have to suffer through actually discussing over the next 6 months...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:36 AM   #40
Mr. Clean
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1156

It's clearly obvious that at some point Cowher will step down.
I think that when he steps down is when his wife decides that they are returning to North Carolina.

I'm sure that, at least as far as the Rooneys are concerned, that Cowher can coach as long as he wants to coach. Cowher could easily get a job covering the NFL with one of the TV networks.

I just hope he stays around for some time longer. With a franchise quarterback in Ben, they could win several more Super Bowls in the next few years.