Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #61
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Obama to open offshore areas along coasts for drilling

I knew he wouldn't last.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #62
WH

Member Number:

Well, now that that's settled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
1. He and his buffoon of a sidekick took shots at Sarah Palin during the 2008 election at her "drill baby drill" statements. Palin is a huge supporter of off-shore drilling. Obaaaaaama and the lush abhored her theories.

2. Lo and behold - Obaaaaaaama decides that offshore drilling just might not be such a bad idea, but thus far, has not acknowledged that former Governor Palin's theories held credence.

1 +1 = 2.
Sarah Palin only spoke of drilling in Alaskan wilderness during her campaign. Something that even McCain was against.

McCain was for offshore drilling, but not ripping up the Alaskan wilderness. as mentioned here:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...nterview_N.htm

Sarah Palin was a hack then, is a hack now, and will always be a hack. (opinion)

Obama changed his mind from what he said during his campaign in Jacksonville, so what? He's trying to work with Republicans and not be a hardlining bipartisan jag off.

He promised an attempt at lowering gas costs and getting an effective comprehensive energy bill passed, if he has to open up the coast to drilling to accomplish that (by scratching the GOP's back)...why not? It's what the Republicans wanted during the '08 election...

http://environment.about.com/od/envi...a_offshore.htm
Old 04-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #63
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,745 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
Well, now that that's settled.

Sarah Palin only spoke of drilling in Alaskan wilderness during her campaign. Something that even McCain was against.

McCain was for offshore drilling, but not ripping up the Alaskan wilderness. as mentioned here:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...nterview_N.htm

Sarah Palin was a hack then, is a hack now, and will always be a hack. (opinion)

Obama changed his mind from what he said during his campaign in Jacksonville, so what? He's trying to work with Republicans and not be a hardlining bipartisan jag off.

He promised an attempt at lowering gas costs and getting an effective comprehensive energy bill passed, if he has to open up the coast to drilling to accomplish that (by scratching the GOP's back)...why not? It's what the Republicans wanted during the '08 election...

http://environment.about.com/od/envi...a_offshore.htm
Don't kid yourself. Obaaaama isn't trying to work with the R's. Only thing he's doing is trying to save his ass. If he was trying to work with the R's, deathcare wouldn't be as much of a scam. He's one and done, get used to it.

You do know Palin was gov of Alaska, right. She was for drilling before '08. Who nailed the oil companies in Alaska for the people of Alaska. Because of her the people of Alaska get a bigger pay back from the oil every year. Unlike obaaaaama she stood up for the people, not trying to find more ways to screw them.

I'd think a little harder about whining about political campaign promises if I were you.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by MACH1; 04-02-2010 at 12:45 PM.
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #64
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
McCain was for offshore drilling, but not ripping up the Alaskan wilderness....
The ANWR debate has never been about "ripping up the Alaskan wilderness." It's about opening up a tiny sliver (2,000 acres located entirely in the coastal plain) of a gigantic wildlife refuge that is almost 20 million acres in size (about 9 times the size of Yellowstone) to oil exploration and development. 2,000 acres sounds like a lot, but in reality it equates to about one hundredth of one percent of ANWR. Further, most Alaskans support it.

Last edited by fansince'76; 04-02-2010 at 12:57 PM.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #65
WH

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
He's one and done, get used to it.
Then the Republicans will have power again, they'll say FU to the Dems, push through a bunch of crap and make the American people mad at the Republicans. Then the Dems will get power again, they'll say FU to the Republicans and push through a bunch of crap that will make the American people mad at the Democrats.

I hope you don't want progress, because as long as the D's and R's are doing this Tit for Tat horseshit....you aren't getting any.

Quote:
You do know Palin was gov of Alaska, right. She was for drilling before '08. Who nailed the oil companies in Alaska for the people of Alaska. Because of her the people of Alaska get a bigger pay back from the oil every year. Unlike obaaaaama she stood up for the people, not trying to find more ways to screw them.
Yes, I know she was governor of Alaska. Yes, I know she was for drilling prior to '08. I never said she wasn't. The only area she spoke about drilling in during her '08 campaign for VP was in the Alaskan Wilderness. Why are you pointing out obvious crap about Sarah Palin? It's obvious you love her (figurtively) but I'm not even attacking or saying anything mean about her....why the lecture?

Quote:
I'd think a little harder about whining about political campaign promises if I were you.
I'm not whining about anything. Saying that I am is just catty.

Quote:
The ANWR debate has never been about "ripping up the Alaskan wilderness." It's about opening up a tiny sliver (2,000 acres located entirely in the coastal plain) of a gigantic wildlife refuge that is almost 20 million acres in size (about 9 times the size of Yellowstone) to oil exploration and development. 2,000 acres sounds like a lot, but in reality it equates to about one hundredth of one percent of ANWR. Further, most Alaskans support it.
I'm not totally against it. But 2000 acres is still going to be ripped up. If they allowed that land to be used, they need to restrict it so that's the only land being used. Because you know what happens when you give a Mouse a Cookie (if you don't get the reference it's to a childrens book about one thing leading to another, than another, than another, until you're giving up alot more than you once thought you would be)

Last edited by WH; 04-02-2010 at 03:56 PM. Reason: bold
Old 04-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #66
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH
Because you know what happens when you give a Mouse a Cookie (if you don't get the reference it's to a childrens book about one thing leading to another, than another, than another, until you're giving up alot more than you once thought you would be)
Same principle applies when the government gets involved in our lives. Like HC for instance. And the Patriot Act, which Obama was against but promptly renewed.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #67
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222

Quote:
Because you know what happens when you give a Mouse a Cookie (if you don't get the reference it's to a childrens book about one thing leading to another, than another, than another, until you're giving up alot more than you once thought you would be)
Sorta like this whole Obaaaaama Healthscare thing, ain't it---before you know it, you're giving up a whole lot more than you thought you would be giving up----
---But I digress...