Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-09-2010, 05:26 AM   #1
WH

Member Number:
Default Something Missing from Game 1,667

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=8

I agree here. Although I hated Jagr when he dissed Pittsburgh upon being traded, I've come to grips with the fact that he is a Top 5 All Time Penguin.

Further I do wonder why the people that didn't come, didn't come. Recchi I can understand, he plays for another team. Jagr, ok, he's in Europe. The others, I think it's sad they couldn't be there.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Something Missing from Game 1,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=8

I agree here. Although I hated Jagr when he dissed Pittsburgh upon being traded, I've come to grips with the fact that he is a Top 5 All Time Penguin.

Further I do wonder why the people that didn't come, didn't come. Recchi I can understand, he plays for another team. Jagr, ok, he's in Europe. The others, I think it's sad they couldn't be there.
Rick Tocchet was coaching his Lightning to a win over the Sens last night. Scotty Bowman works for the Chicago Blackhawks. Joe Mullen is an assistant coach to Todd Richards in Minnesota and was behind the bench against the Flames last night. Ditto Ron Francis for Carolina vs. Montreal, and Tom Barrasso is Carolina's goalie coach. Kevin Stevens works as a scout, but I'm not sure which team (Boston, maybe?) Jagr, however...he could have taken time away from drinking vodka to get his fat ass on a plane and get here for the ceremony, but instead he decided not to, likely because he knows he would get booed out of the building. Plus, his KHL team was eliminated from the playoffs early last month. No excuses for him.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:04 AM   #3
WH

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Rick Tocchet was coaching his Lightning to a win over the Sens last night. Scotty Bowman works for the Chicago Blackhawks. Joe Mullen is an assistant coach to Todd Richards in Minnesota and was behind the bench against the Flames last night. Ditto Ron Francis for Carolina vs. Montreal, and Tom Barrasso is Carolina's goalie coach. Kevin Stevens works as a scout, but I'm not sure which team (Boston, maybe?) Jagr, however...he could have taken time away from drinking vodka to get his fat ass on a plane and get here for the ceremony, but instead he decided not to, likely because he knows he would get booed out of the building. Plus, his KHL team was eliminated from the playoffs early last month. No excuses for him.
See that article didn't give that info. It just said they didn't come, as if it were a snub.

Do Bowman and Mario have some unsettle problems? I remember hearing from a friend that they don't get along.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:41 AM   #4
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
See that article didn't give that info. It just said they didn't come, as if it were a snub.

Do Bowman and Mario have some unsettle problems? I remember hearing from a friend that they don't get along.
They mentioned that before the ceremony started, that most of them had duties with other teams and couldn't be there, except Jagr, of course.

You're right - Bowman and Lemieux don't get along, and that goes back to when he took over as head coach after Badger Bob passed away. Lemieux hated him as coach, much like many Penguins hated Therrien, and that was the main reason why Bowman left for Detroit. As far as I know, it hasn't been resolved after nearly 17 years.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #5
WH

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
They mentioned that before the ceremony started, that most of them had duties with other teams and couldn't be there, except Jagr, of course.

You're right - Bowman and Lemieux don't get along, and that goes back to when he took over as head coach after Badger Bob passed away. Lemieux hated him as coach, much like many Penguins hated Therrien, and that was the main reason why Bowman left for Detroit. As far as I know, it hasn't been resolved after nearly 17 years.
You'll have to give me a pass on those. I could only read the article and watch the highlights. (location location location). It wasn't broadcast here.

That brings up a point though....What the hell am I going to do for the playoffs. I think I have to change my entire sleeping schedule. Maybe I should change my location too ''Late Night/Early Morning Pens radio time''

I have a feeling I'm going to hate this country for two months.